Status: Complete

A Ballad of Love and Hate

[twenty one::The End]

Our wedding reception was in full swing. Pictures took over an hour to take and Ryan was more than ready to leave for our honeymoon.

“Ryan, we JUST had dinner. We still have to feed each other our cupcakes and we need to have our first dance, I’m going to need you to stop complaining,” I pushed as he complained in my ear.

“Okay, you’re right, let’s do our first dance,” he grinned, standing up and holding his hand out for me.

I rolled my eyes and got up with Ryan. We went to the DJ and announced that we were ready for our first dance.

Ryan pulled me into his arms as Lil Wayne’s song “How to Love” played over the speakers. I looked into his blue eyes and smiled.

“I can’t believe you let me get away with a Weezy song for our first dance” he grinned.

“Ryan, it’s so important to me that this day is about you too. I have the dress of my dreams, I have the man of my dreams, that’s all I needed for this day to be perfect, this wedding isn’t just for me, it’s for us,” I smiled into his eyes as we danced.

“You know, this song may not make a ton of sense but I do want you to know you deserve the best, Noah, you’re truly beautiful,” he said, playing off the lyrics.

"I love you, Ry, and I love being in your arms" I said sappily as everyone in the room looked at us as we danced, snapping photos and talking.

"I love having you in my arms, Noah Lochte, I'm never going to hate calling you that, Noah Lochte," he smiled as we continued to dance. I kissed Ryan softly on the cheek.

"Only call me Noah Lochte when you're serious it doesn't matter if its heavy or light serious. Call me Noah Grace when you're mad or I'm being stubborn and you may call me Noah everyday," I said to him. Ryan pulled me a little closer, our noses basically touching.

"And when should I call you Mrs. Lochte?" He played along, knowing I was spoofing off Pride and Prejudice, as I use to make him watch it on a regular basis when we first got together.

"You can call me Mrs. Lochte when you are deeply and passionately in love with me. Or when I am a mom," I laughed at the second half of my statement.

"Well Mrs. Lochte, I must admit, in this moment I'm truly in love with you," he whispered on my lips. I lightly pressed our lips together and the music ended with an applause from everyone.
“Gosh we’re so cheesy today,” I giggled. Ryan smiled at me.

“It’s our wedding day, we’re suppose to be cheesy,” he shrugged. The next song picked up to a song that more fit my personality “Sweet Moment” by the Bowerbirds as we continued to slow dance and the other couples began joining us.

"Alright, she's my sister, I need to step in," Devon announced, pulling us apart. Ryan stepped away to find Megan as Devon danced with me to the soft song.

“Noah, I know we banter a ton, I know we pick on each other just as much but I’m really happy you’re my sister and that you love my brother,” Devon said to me. I looked over at Ryan who was laughing with Megan as they danced together.

“Devon, I’ve always wanted a solid brother, one that I could love and trust and have fun with, thank you for being him,” I smiled.

The song ended and Devon pulled me into a hug.

“I might like you more than Ryan so I’ve got your back, Noah,” he assured as Ryan came and placed his hand on the small of my back.

“Okay, I admit, I’m liking the reception, but I don’t like that people are demanding our attention when I really just want to be with you,” Ryan smiled.

“They all just want to congratulate us and celebrate. And now, we can all party together,” I laughed as the music got faster and everyone began shouting and having fun on the dancefloor. Lily pulled me into a dance with her and the Lochte sisters to dance.

“YOU’RE MARRIED!!!!” Lily shouted. I laughed as I bounced around with them. We danced a few more songs until the music died down as it was time for the desert and speeches.

Ryan and I both held a beautiful gourmet cupcake in our hands with champagne as everyone looked at us once more.

“Don’t smash it on my face,” I warned. Ryan looked at me with a sly grin.

“Noah, I would never,” he smirked.

“I will withhold, Ryan Lochte, I swear I will,” I gritted through my teeth as he brought the cupcake closer to me.

“You wouldn’t, I know you better than that,” he shrugged. I saw the cupcake coming toward my face and decided to act first by smashing the cupcake in my hand into Ryan’s face. I got icing all over his nose and mouth as well as on parts of his cheeks. Ryan looked at me, a bit shocked by my reaction as everyone laughed.

I giggled as I kissed Ryan on the lips and getting icing on my own face.

“Oh Noah, you’re lucky I love you,” he spoke up as he smiled and wiped his face.

“I am, the luckiest,” I giggled, kissing him once more.

We were in the midst of being googly eyes and romantic as Devon and Lily stood to give their speeches.

“I’ve known Ryan all my life. He was the goofy guy that everyone loved and he was always joking around, not being serious. Then he met Noah. And it’s not like she whipped Ryan into submission but she did change him for the better. He became a more focused man both in school and in swimming and I’m certain if it weren’t for her, Ryan wouldn’t be the man he is today. And I think that’s the same for Noah as well. If it weren’t for Ryan’s love and care, she wouldn’t be where she is today. You two complete each other, make each other better and build each other up. I couldn’t hope for anything better for my brother and my best friend. So, let’s raise a glass and toast to Ryan and Noah,” Devon spoke so elegantly. We raised our glasses and waited as Lily came up to give her speech.

Ryan pulled me closer into him as Lily held her champagne glass and napkins.

“I have napkins because I’m probably going to cry so, forgive me if I do,” Lily spoke into the mic nervously. I looked to Ryan and kissed his cheek as we prepared to hear my best friend speak.

“I was hired by Noah to be her assistant, to finally get my spot in the fashion world but in that job, I go so much more, I got a mentor and best friend. Noah had worked so hard to accomplish her dream but in the midst of it, she was of course missing something. Noah was always asked on dates and always respectfully declined in all my time knowing her and when I finally got the courage to ask why she just wouldn’t go on a date, she finally told me, she simply couldn’t date someone when her heart was somewhere else. And for a while, I thought she just meant fashion but no, it was Ryan. It became evident that the two had to grow apart to grow together. Noah had to embrace independence and grow to fight for herself while Ryan had to learn discipline. As they did this apart, they were finally able to come together and grow together. Noah, Ryan, you two are the two hardest workers I have ever met, you have literally poured blood, sweat, and tears into fashion and into swimming and now you get to pour that same love and dedication into each other, you truly complete each other, you truly are an example to us all about hope and endurance. I’m thankful to have you both in my life as inspirations and friends. So, let’s all lift our glasses one last time and raise a toast to Noah and Ryan, may they continue to grow in love and endure the journey of marriage forever and always,” Lily finished.

Everyone raised their glasses and said “to Noah and Ryan” as we drank from our champagne glasses. Ryan and I linked arms and sipped from each others glasses. I pulled away from Ryan and hugged both Lily and Devon for their kind words as Ryan did the same.

“So NOW what’s left?” Ryan looked me in the eyes, hoping we could leave soon.

“Can I get all the ladies to come to the floor as we do the bouquet toss,” the DJ said into the mic.

“Soon, baby,” I grinned as Kristin handed me my second bouquet to throw out to the girls. The song “Single Ladies” played as background noise as I threw my bouquet blindly behind me and heard the girls laughing and Ryan dying in front of me. I turned around confused as to why everyone was laughing only to laugh myself.

“Apparently, Conor didn’t get the message that this was for the women,” Cullen Jones joked from the side.

Ryan shook his head as he sat me down on a chair and the men took the floor.

“Just so everyone knows, I did NOT want to do this,” I groaned as Ryan slowly moved his hands up my dress and pulled down the garter. I felt my face get hot as the lacy band was flung out to a herd of men and Devon grabbed it.

“Oh this is just awkward,” I mumbled out as I stood.

“Enough to where you want to leave?” Ryan smirked. Lily and Megan came over to me as it was now actually time to change so we could catch our plane.

I went to the back and grabbed my exit dress which was a simple white silk dress that had a layer of pink sequins underneath the dress, making the color look unique but not crazy. I kept my heels on but stuffed a pair of flats in my huge tote for the plane and looked in the mirror to make sure I didn’t look a mess.

“Thank you both, for everything,” I smiled, squeezing both their hands with my own.

I grabbed my tote and found Ryan waiting for me in his suit pants and the grey button up shirt I had made when we first started working together on my mens line. His hair was still parted to the side and I took his hand in mine. Everyone made a line as we walked through, people blowing bubbles at us as we made our way into the limo awaiting us.

“You ready, Noah?” Ryan asked as we got in.

“More than ready,” I smiled, kissing him once more.

We finally had it all, Ryan and I. I was his and he was mine. We worked through the adversaries we had holding us back but now, there was no turning back, only looking ahead and ahead, all I could see was us.

And that was more than okay.