The Black Lupin

Redemption

He pushed himself up to see Remy pulling Sirius up as they both looked amazed “I’m sorry I never warned you but I thought if you knew you’d make it obvious and well he was mine not yours. I didn’t hurt you did I Sirius?” she rambled and he shook his head taking his wand back. “I thought you were going to let him…” “I considered it but you know…I’m joking Sirius I wouldn’t let them kill you. Nobody can find out I did that! I’ll blame one of you and I’ll be okay but he’ll be disappointed, Severus will help me,” she said as if telling herself.

“Remy what are you doing?” Remus asked as Sirius checked Harry over “What do you think I’m doing? You won’t trust me so I’ll do it myself!” she snapped, “What so you’re big plan is to kill them all one by one, you’ll end up killed” Remus argued with her. “Oh what do you care!” she shouted as the others ran outside hugging Harry and Sirius “You’re my sister of course I care! I thought you were dead Remy, I won’t lose you a second time,” Remus snapped and she shook her head turning to leave.

“Remy Grace Lupin don’t you dare walk away from me when I’m talking to you!” Remus shouted and she froze “I am sick of you running away from your problems and not facing them. You want to hear we trust you well keep running because until you prove you’re worth it we never will! It wasn’t me that made our parents hate you it was you! You’re a disgrace to our name” Lupin shouted and she turned around.

It was clear to everyone she was crying as her cheeks glistened in the light from the Burrow, “No Remus it was you! You know the moment I joined them I stopped running from the problem I’ve always had and the only thing I have ever been afraid of is you! You don’t remember a thing you’ve done when you change and they tell you lies! They never told you about the time I locked myself in the wardrobe after pushing things against the bedroom door to stop you, I’ve run away from home 37 times to get away from you and it still didn’t work. Sirius had to stop you once Remus!” she screamed at him and Remus looked at Sirius who hung his head.

“I think we should go inside come on kids” Molly said ushering them inside “Remy I…” “No Remus! No words can make up for what you did to me; you’re the reason I got myself into this mess! When they included me and were good to me I liked it, someone wanted me for me not for you” she admitted as Sirius sat down “Go inside Harry” “No I want to stay” Harry replied quietly.

“She won’t hurt us” “I know” he stated and Sirius smiled at him “I just wanted my chance to be great but I never got it so I looked elsewhere and now look at me! Remy Lupin isn’t just the overlooked girl anymore; I’m in his inner circle Remus. I get trusted with things others don’t, I’m a better witch than most and yet you won’t accept that you put me here! I don’t care if you don’t think I can do it Remus because I’ve spent my whole life doing things you don’t think I can do and I’ve always proved you wrong so I’ll do it this time. There isn’t a single Death Eater I can’t defeat and if it takes me years I’ll do it,” she argued with him.

“Sirius is what she said true?” Remus asked and Sirius sighed, “Yes, we tried to get away but you were chasing us. Everyone got out the house but I noticed she was missing, James told me to leave it but I couldn’t so I went back inside and I found you. You were in the living room; you’d torn the place apart like usual but I heard her crying as you rounded on her. I transformed and I fought you” Sirius explained quietly.

“So what are you going to tell them?” Remus said, “That I tried to take Harry but Fenrir got too bloodthirsty, that he let Sirius go and he stopped me. I tried to grab Harry but Fenrir pushed me away to bite him and you killed him, before turning on me and I got out there as quick as I could” she stated and Remus nodded. “Do you have to go tonight or would you like to stay over?” “I know when I’m not wanted Remus” she said walking off and Sirius glared at him before sighing standing up.

“Remy stay over” Sirius said but she walked into the grass pulling her robes around her as the cold wind blew making her shiver “Remy!” Harry shouted and she stopped turning to look at him as he ran towards her. “Would you like to stay, we’re having a party for my…” “I know, happy birthday Harry” she offered smiling and Harry nodded “Thank you, well would you like to stay? You saved Sirius and he’s the only real family to me so I’d like it if you stayed” Harry admitted and she nodded.

“Okay, I’m sorry about before” she said as they walked back to the house and Lupin muttered spells under his breath setting up the enchantments around the house, she sat in the corner all night next to a large fire when Sirius walked over standing behind her “Cold?” she nodded. “Here eat this,” he offered her a pumpkin pasty and she ate it as quick as possible, she stayed out of the way most of the night before Sirius took her upstairs to sleep.