The Black Lupin

Carrow

3 weeks later and Remy had noticed Severus had stayed off her case; she crept through the darkness with the two people beside her thinking back to her last conversation with Sirius. He’d told her people were worried she’d lied to them and was only interested in helping Voldemort out, they demanded to know where he was hiding out but she’d refused to tell them.

He’d begged for her to tell him but she made it clear that she would not be telling them where Voldemort was hiding and she would not be telling Voldemort where The Order was hiding out either. She had told him she would bring him The Carrow’s and where to meet her and she hoped he’d trusted her to be there.

“What makes you think they’re around here?” Alecto whispered “Because Alecto I have my way of knowing things, how many of them there will be I don’t know” Remy replied knowing exactly how many people would be there. “But what if there’s loads of them?” “Amycus do I detect fear? If there are more of them then we fight bravely for our Master, plus we are far superior to them” she replied and he nodded.

There would be Sirius, Remus, Mad Eye Moody and Severus there, although Severus was only to arrive at the beginning and allow The Carrow’s to feel like we were going to win before leaving them to it. “Remus do you think we’d be safe setting up a base out here?” she heard Sirius ask and felt relieved. She glanced up at the thick trees that covered them and blocked out the sunlight.

“Be careful, you all know what happened to Fenrir” Remy reminded and they nodded, they could make out the outlines of the others before Remy stepped out holding her wand out. She directed it straight at Sirius’ head “Well, well, well; look what we have here. What are you boys doing lurking in the forest at night?” she asked.

“R-Remy is that you?” Remus said and she nodded “How are you my dearest big brother?” she replied and he looked at her “I-I thought you were-were dead” he lied and she nodded. “Well somebody here will be before the nights out” she said calmly “There’s 3 of us and one of you” Mad Eye laughed and there was a pop as Severus appeared. “Make that 4 of us” but Remy laughed “Make that 4 of us and 3 of you, let me introduce my friends Amycus and Alecto” she replied.

The Carrow’s walked out of the trees and everyone aimed their wands at one another, the duels started and Severus disappeared in the shouts of curses. “If we give you Harry will you spare us?” Sirius shouted and Remy stopped “If you really give us Potter” Remy stated. “We will but stop” “Alecto, Amycus leave them. They’ll give us Harry if we leave them” Remy demanded and they both stopped but kept their wands raised.

Alecto flicked her wand “Expelliarmus!” Remy shouted catching Alecto’s wand “I told you stop” she growled. “How dare you disarm me?” she shouted back and Remy turned to her “Avada Kedavra!” Remy said hitting Alecto square in the chest. Amycus sent a green jet of light towards Remy but Sirius had it covered using a shield charm.

“You wait until the Dark Lord hears about this!” Amycus barked as he pressed his forefinger to the skull on his arm, “Amycus!” Remy stated “No! This will be the last day Remy Lupin is trusted by the Dark Lord, you and your filthy half blood family!” Amycus growled and Remy glared at him.

“Avada Kedavra!” she shouted and he fell backwards, the mark on her arm stung “He’ll be here, you must go!” she ordered and they looked back at her. “If you want to live go! When he gets here if he finds them dead and you he’ll kill you all!” she said “Come on!” Mad Eye shouted but the other 2 stayed put “Sirius, Remus!” he added.

“He’ll kill her!” Sirius growled back “That is the sacrifice you make, now come on!” Mad Eye shouted, “How can you say that? “ “Sirius go! He’ll be here anytime!” Remy shouted looking terrified. “But he’ll kill you” “Then that’s what he must do, just go!” she argued looking terrified “No! I’ll stay and together we can…” “Don’t be stupid Sirius, it’ll take more than you and I to defeat him! It wouldn’t matter anyway he’d be back; there are things you don’t know. Just go” she explained.

Remus sighed as Mad Eye disappeared with a pop, “Sirius come here. If we’re staying we must hide, a surprise attack is the only way we stand a chance” Remus admitted before grabbing Sirius’ arm “Stupefy!” Remus shouted aiming the spell at Remy before disapparating. They landed on ground outside Grimmauld Place and Remus dragged Sirius inside quickly.

“Remus how dare you? I’m going back!” Sirius shouted turning to Remus “It had to be done Sirius” he argued back “Had to be done? Had to be done! Remus you just killed your sister” Sirius barked. “I did not kill her Sirius, I stunned her” “Yeah you stunned her and left her to die at his hands! She’s helping us out Remus and you just handed her over to die! Don’t you feel any guilt?” Sirius yelled at him oblivious to the people in the house watching them.

“No because I just saved her life! If we had just left her he’d be suspicious, how does a great young witch like herself lose to us? The Carrow’s are dead, Amycus still had his hand on his forearm; she can tell them I caught her off guard. I just saved her life Sirius not killed her!” Remus bellowed back before turning and walking off.

“Remus are you…” “Don’t!” he snapped storming past the others as Sirius headed upstairs. “Severus you need to go find her” “Sirius if I go now he’ll suspect her of worse. Leave her, she knows him well” Severus tried to reassure but Sirius wouldn’t believe him. “If she dies it’ll be you to blame” Sirius cut back and Severus shook his head leaving.