The Black Lupin

Duel

“We all travel in threes tonight and we land in separate places! Trust nobody and keep to your disguises!” Remus instructed and they all nodded getting into their groups and changing into their disguises that would sadly fool nobody. Living rough in the forests on the moors left them with little products to make disguises or a good polyjuice potion.

“We all meet at Grimmauld Place at 11” he ordered and they nodded, they set off into the darkness apparating to their destinations. “Ron stop itching you’ll mess up your disguise” Hermione warned under her breath as they walked through London “Well you try wearing a stupid thing like this, it itches like hell!” Ron cut back scratching at the fake moustache they’d put on him.

“Big Ben looks lovely at this time of night, we should go there tomorrow” Hermione said as they stopped at a road crossing “Yes we really should, we went last winter but I’d love to go in the summer” Harry replied realising she was trying to act as casual as possible and blend into the background. “Who’s Big Ben? We don’t know a Ben” Ron asked confused and Hermione glared at him as she dragged him to cross the road.

They reached Grimmauld place and saw 3 people further up the road that they couldn’t quite make out, they carried out the procedure and soon enough number 12 appeared and they opened the door going in. The cold of the house hit them as soon as the door was closed, nobody had been in the house for 3 months and you could tell.

They took their mediocre disguises off before walking down the hallway and into the kitchen where they agreed to meet everyone, “Just remember the questions we have to ask” Hermione stated as she went to turn the lights on but instead they were met with a force knocking them all backwards. Harry’s glasses fell from him as he fell and he tried to find them as Ron searched for his wand that had fallen from his grasp; Hermione was the first up but before she could do anything two words were uttered “Petrificus Totalus” a voice Harry had heard before said and Hermione hit the floor once again.

Ron met the same fate leaving Harry, he took a deep breath and the smell of lavender overcame him, he found his glasses pushing them on “Well who’d know I’d find a mudblood, a Weasley and the infamous Harry Potter here” the voice stated and Harry got up to see the girl he’d seen before only her face was still hidden.

“Who are you?” he asked and she laughed sending a shiver down his spine, she pulled her robes off and her face became clear to them all. Harry recognised them eyes, they all did but nobody could put a place to them; he took his chance shouting a curse at her whilst she was preoccupied and before long there was curses flying everywhere.

An Impedimenta curse hit Harry square in the chest and sending him flying backwards, she laughed kicking Ron out the way laughing further at his helplessness as he laid on the floor unable to move at all. The laugh soon turned into a scream as Harry hit her with a Crucio spell sending her to the ground writhing in pain, he carried on inflicting pain on the stranger demanding to know who she was when he heard a voice shout out. “Expelliarmus!” they shouted and red light filled the room, the shock was more the person who had shouted out the word, the person who was now stood between Harry and the girl protecting her, Remus Lupin.