The Black Lupin

Destruction

Sirius reached the stairs only to see her in the room at the side “Remy come on” “No I should go back to the castle, I’ll see you sometime” she replied. “Remy…” “No I’m going,” she stated “Well say bye to your brother and Tonks,” he ordered and she glared at him walking into the kitchen. “I’m going back to the castle, I’ll erm…bye,” she offered and Remus stood up “Okay, bye” he nodded “Yeah it was nice to meet you” Tonks offered and Remy just stared at them “See you Remy” Sirius smiled and she turned leaving for the castle

Neville had been awkward with her keeping his distance and in classes he was getting his work done as quick as possible. They were all sat in silence writing when a hand shot into the air “Yes Potter?” she asked “Professor I was wondering, there’s a potion for everything right?” he asked and she nodded “Relatively everything” “Well could you maybe tell us about potions that destroy thing?” he enquired.

“Destroys things? Potter I think you’ve been daydreaming again” she replied and a few of the Slytherins laughed, “No Potter, what things do you wish to destroy?” she asked. “People” “Those would be called poisons and they kill not destroy, I would also remind you that in this class you learn to create antidotes not the poisons themselves!” she stated, “What about parts of people, like souls” Hermione suggested and Remy smiled before looking up at them “Potions do not destroy souls, if you wish to destroy a soul you need to look for other things, also I’m sure none of this will be in your exams will it now?” she asked and they nodded carrying on.

The class finished and everyone stood up “Potter, Granger and Weasley stay behind!” she shouted over the rustle of books and walking students, she looked around and when it was clear they were alone she waved her hand and the door slammed shut making the others jump. “Asking questions like that in class will cause suspicion to rise within those who are keen to learn what you are up to” she lectured and they nodded “I take it you’ve figured out the locket then, all I can tell you is you need to use something which cannot be undone to destroy what your looking to destroy” Remy stated.

“Can’t be undone?” Hermione repeated, “Yes, it needs to be killed and we all know nothing can reverse death” Remy replied and they nodded. “W-what happened to you?” Ron asked “What?” she said looking at them “Snape’s been teaching us, why?” he said and she shook her head. “Professor Snape and because I’ve been otherwise engaged” “You’ve been at Grimmauld Place” Harry cut in and she looked at him.

“How do you know?” “Because Remus told me” he admitted and she nodded “Well isn’t Remus all about telling stories these days, you’ve got your answer now go” she ordered and they all left. There was a knock and the door opened to reveal Neville “What is it now? Oh it’s you, sit down” she offered smiling slightly at him.

“I erm…well I guess I came to say that I’m sorry about what I did when I saw you with Professor Snape” he said and she nodded “It’s okay and thank you for keeping my little secret” she stated. “I came because I’ve been told to tell you you’re needed” “How would you know I’m…hang on The Order?” she asked and he nodded.

“Now, they want me now? Is it not enough for them that I do all this, I have to run around after their every need as well. I’m beginning to wonder which side is more dictating,” she grumbled getting up and he left her as she reached the door and she slipped out heading to Hogsmeade where she disappeared, she felt the cold wind on her skin as she reached Grimmauld Place.

She walked in the house “Mistress Lupin” Kreacher bowed and she nodded at him. “You cannot keep calling me here for nonsense! I am a professor and one with an important job at that, what if they decide tonight’s the night? I’m out the castle, not only is Draco doomed but how am I supposed to protect the castle if I’m here. Sometimes it would help if you used your…oh great so this is a group meeting” she shouted looking around the full kitchen.

“Remy nice of you to…” “Don’t say my name you…” Sirius cut in “Remy!” he said calmly and she looked at Mr Weasley. “Why are you calling me here at this time of night?” she asked “I believe your aware of guard duties we have to perform, well tonight we are all going to the forest to try to convince some centaurs and giants to join our cause” he explained and she nodded.

They all ordered people into smaller groups leaving her on her own “So this is what it’s like to be in Hufflepuff” Remy joked and people glared at her as Sirius tried not to laugh. Remus turned to face him “Sirius!” he snapped “What?” Sirius asked trying to keep a straight face “You know what!” “Oh come on it was funny” Sirius replied.

“There was nothing funny about it! Many a good witch or wizard has come from Hufflepuff” “It depends on your use of the word good Remus. If you mean good as in, wants to save the world then they all have that stupid idea but if you mean good as in talented then maybe not so much” Remy said and Remus turned to her.

“Remy just because people aren’t in Slytherin or Gryffindor does not mean they cannot be talented witches or wizards!” “I never mentioned Gryffindor, my opinion on them is some what different to yours” Remy cut back as others walked out the house going to where they’d been ordered to go. “Well you’d never have gotten into Gryffindor so mum and dad got their hopes up for nothing” he shouted at her “I wouldn’t be in your stupid house for anything! I got put in my house and that’s where I belong, that’s the house I want to be in and that’s the house my friends were in so you can keep your stupid house and its ridiculous values!” she growled back.

“That house you think is amazing is full off…” “Remus! Your both acting like children, grow up and act yours ages! Remy thinks Hufflepuff students are useless, she thinks everyone not in Slytherin is useless and even then she doesn’t like some of them. But we as Gryffindors hated Slytherin students and we still do so it’s really no different” Sirius reasoned and Remus shook his head.

“She’s changing you” “Oh Remus stop it, I know who I am and I know what I think, no girl will change that” Sirius whispered back and Remus shook his head “Tonks lets go” he said and she walked out with him. “Can we try not to have a war between you two please?” Sirius asked and Remy rolled her eyes “If I get caught out tonight with you lot don’t think I won’t take you all down with me” she warned and he nodded.