The Black Lupin

Action

Remus heard the door opening “Tonks?” he asked “Guess again” Remy replied letting the door shut behind her “Oh, how…” “Next time you’re going out take your…” Remus groaned, “I don’t like it” “Well then stay inside, don’t go where there’s others. There were children Remus,” she lectured and he hung his head. “Did I hurt anyone?” she asked quietly “Sirius and you had a little altercation but he’ll be fine. Luna and Neville might be a bit wary of you though, I had to erm…solve things” she admitted.

“So am I to thank you for my cuts and bruises?” he stated and she nodded. “But they’re…did you become a horse?” “Yeah, bloody kids thought I was an average horse” she said and Remus smiled. “Weasley won’t forget me in a hurry” she smiled and he laughed, “Let me see” she stated and he held out his arms. She looked over them before opening a bag at her side puling out a bottle dabbing the liquid on cuts before tapping her wand on them and they began to shrink and disappear.

“Your head” she ordered and her fingers pushed his hair sideways as she cleaned the cuts on it before they too vanished, she had nearly finished the cut on his face when the door opened “He’s why she knows” Sirius whispered. “Tonks” Remus practically shouted “Sit still” Remy growled and Remus froze “How are you both? Sirius I’m sorry” Remus offered and he nodded “We’re fine, how are you?” “Okay, well I will be” Remus replied.

Remy finished letting him get up but Remus groaned his hand going to his back, before anyone had a chance Remy had pulled up his shirt to reveal a deep cut. “Sit down” she ordered pushing him down “Sirius here” she snapped pointing to Remus’ shirt “Remus why did you not say anything?” she asked but he stayed quiet making her shake her head.

“This might take awhile so sit still” she ordered he fingers running along the outside of it before she leaned in closer. She hovered around Remus for a long time before pulling his shirt back down “I will leave you a potion to take for it” she said before walking off “Thank you Remy!” he shouted after her as Sirius followed her leaving Remus and Tonks alone together.

Sirius sat in the kitchen involved in his own thoughts, he spent most days alone and had grown accustomed to his own thoughts and entertaining himself. “Kreacher leave!” he heard a voice order and he got up walking to see Remy sat on the floor in his brother’s room “I told you to go you stupid elf!” she shouted grabbing her wand “Hey Remy it’s me” Sirius stated and she dropped her wand keeping her back to him.

“What’s wrong?” she shook her head “Remy your brother will be fine” “It’s not that you idiot” she cut back and he smiled. “What is it then?” she held out a picture and he took it from her, he smiled before sitting at her side “I’ve never seen that in here since he left” he admitted and she nodded “I miss him” she admitted and he put his arm around her neck.

“It’s okay to miss him” “It’s just the fact he convinced me he could always be there and now he’s gone, he was like family and he’s dead. Not just dead he was murdered, its just…” she trailed off and he nodded. She shrugged “Hey Sirius get off me” she ordered and he let her go and she jumped up, “I need to go, Remus is to take the potion at night and tomorrow morning and he’ll be fine. No touching his back,” she stated before running down the stairs and the door slammed behind her.

“Severus I don’t care if the whole world stops you cannot be serious,” she growled and he nodded “Remy I don’t care if you have other plans or not, you will go with them. You asked for my advice and I’m giving you it now go with them!” he shouted and she shook her head storming out, she shoved things in a small bag before storming out the castle and heading to Hogsmeade only to meet Neville.

“Sneaking out Longbottom, not good is it. Let me guess you have a task on a hill top?” she asked and he nodded so she held out her arm “Well if we’re both going we might as well go together” he nodded “Neville you can’t go what about…the…” Ginny trailed off and Remy shook her head.

“Your friends means to say, what if I took you to see some of my friends and not where you planned on going” Remy cut in and Ginny looked at the floor. “You wait with Luna for the others and I’ll go with Professor Lupin” “Neville wait for…” he shook his head “I’ll be fine” he stated before grabbing Remy’s arm and they disappeared.