The Black Lupin

Broken

Christmas was a hardly a time to celebrate but as they sat around the table at Grimmauld Place Harry felt a tension thicker than he could really bare, he’d somehow persuaded Sirius in to having Remus in the house but neither would say a word to each other. “Sirius must this nonsense be carried on?” Molly Weasley quizzed quietly and he never moved “When he apologizes for what he said maybe” he answered her loudly and Remus looked over at them both.

“They were both arguing Sirius, they both said awful things. Surely it’s unfair that someone misses out here” “He knows what he said Molly and it is unfair that someone has to miss out on this!” Sirius growled getting up and leaving. Harry got up but Remus shook his head, “Leave him Harry” Remus ordered “But…” “But nothing, just leave him! I know what I said to bring this on,” Remus offered.

“But you didn’t say anything to him” “I know I didn’t, it’s what I said to my sister that has rendered him in this fouler mood than normal” he explained, “But she was arguing with you too” Ron cut in and he nodded. “But she was civil with me, I was not the same with her. I made it personal when I called her GG and I was wrong to” Remus admitted.

“Why?” Harry pushed and Remus sighed, “My sister has been bullied by practically everyone, she is a halfblood with a werewolf for a brother so she was made to feel an outsider at school, she is clever and Hermione can vouch for the fact that isn’t an easy thing to be at school” Remus reasoned and Hermione nodded slowly. “The muggle children hated her as well and well GG was a name she was called, it stood for Ghostly Grace because of the fact she is pale skinned and was always alone like a ghost so they said” Remus admitted looking at the table.

“What’s that got to do with Sirius?” “He’s always one to join someone else’s fight” Remus muttered. Harry heard a bang followed by another set of banging and shouting, he ran down the stairs followed by Ron. “Is she here?” Professor Snape shouted “Who? Is who here?” Molly questioned. “Remy is she here?” “Remy! Why do you want Remy? I’ve not seen her since her brother upset her” Sirius said as he pushed his way past people on the stairs.

“She’s missing from our meeting. I know she’s been having…I just nee dot find her” Severus explained “What? You tell me now Severus!” Sirius demanded grabbing him as Remus appeared, Severus explained Bellatrix was still putting doubt in minds about Remy and that Voldemort was now using Remy’s mind and memories.

As they were organising to look for her the door slammed closed and Neville appeared in the hallway with a figure leant on his shoulder “Draco found her and came to me “ Neville explained and Remus grabbed her. “Gracie I’m sorry,” he mumbled hugging her.

Harry was awoken in the night to hear screaming, he jumped up “Lumos” “Harry it’s Remy, go back to sleep” Hermione ordered and he laid back down, Sirius sat up to see Remy huddled crying. He sighed sitting next to her on the bed “Remy ssh, it’s okay” “He-he was…” he trailed ff and Sirius hugged her tightly, “It’s a dream Remy” he reassured as she buried herself in his chest.

Only Severus and Remus had laid eyes on them for the next week, but when Harry walked down stairs early he found Sirius leant up the wall drinking. “Sirius?” Harry said and he spun around to face him looking very tired, he smiled hugging him tighter and longer than normal. “I’m sorry I’ve been a bit preoccupied recently Harry, how are you?” he asked before sitting and talking to with Harry for a long time.

They were interrupted by footsteps, one set was clear and defined but the other was shuffled and tired sounding. Sirius trained his eyes on the door and Harry looked as Remus walked in with a smaller figure behind him (Remy), Remus brought food as they sat down. Her pale arm reached out for a glass as Sirius carried on the conversation and she looked up, Harry stared straight in to her eyes to see the same look he’d seen once before in Remus’ eyes the day after he’d transformed.

She looked ashamed, her whole body language told she was tired and broken. Her hand shook “Come here Gracie” Remus said quietly hugging her and she wrapped her arms around him crying in to his chest. “Should I…” Harry started but Sirius signalled for him to be quiet, Harry didn’t need to be explained to he knew what had happened to Remy.