The Black Lupin

Later

“If you let me finish I was going to say Sirius my life is complicated enough don’t you think but thank you for the compliments. What do you mean you know who I truly am?” she asked and he looked at the floor embarrassed. “I mean I know the light and the dark fight in you, I know it’s easier to accept the dark but I know you want the light to win. I know that you’ll always have that in you but it’s part of you” he explained and she nodded.

It fell silent and she laid flat on the bed as he lay back down, “So Sirius Black kissed a girl, and I heard it was the girls that kissed Sirius. Regulus always said you must use some really powerful charm to make them do it, well he suggested potions but I pointed out you weren’t any good at them” she teased and he laughed at her.

“Why must it make life complicated?” he quizzed sitting up again “Because it would, I have enough to push from my mind when in his presence. I don’t need you being in my head as well, I nearly let go of the Order when he…” she trailed off thinking about the recent torture she’d endured and he nodded as she pushed herself up to look at him. “I don’t complicate things, I’m quite a simple being really” “As simple as my brother on a full moon. It’s too big of a risk,” she said and he shook his head.

“Now’s the time for risks in case you didn’t notice, now’s the time for doing things that you want because you don’t know how long you have left to do them” “Oh charming way of reassurance that going back to Hogwarts is okay” she smiled and he rolled his eyes. “You know perfectly well what I mean” he argued and she shook her head, “You’re a stubborn git sometimes you know that? If I’m so complicating for you then you can leave my house” he snapped and she smiled.

“We both know you don’t mean that” she smiled leaning over kissing his cheek and he kissed her again, “Things don’t have to be complicated, what’s wrong with trying to find happiness in amongst all this destruction?” he questioned. She sighed, “Because you don’t have to guard your mind, what if he gets in my mind and finds out? Then not only do I die but also he comes after you, how do you suppose that helps anyone?” she questioned and he shook his head.

“I don’t care about that, I know you can block your mind and they don’t know how to get in here! I could end up in Azkaban again and trust me you find yourself thinking a lot in there, I don’t want to go back to there thinking I missed out on something Remy!” he argued at her and she sighed.

“You’re not going back to Azkaban, there’s a reason I won’t let you have him anymore. I know Pettigrew is the proof needed, so that’s an invalid argument” she smiled and he glared at her. “The fact you’ve not said no because I don’t feel that way says that your arguments are highly invalid” he argued at her and she laid back down rolling away from him.

“I’ve lost too much to this war! I can’t lose anymore to it” she mumbled and he moved around to be in front of her, “But you won’t…” “Don’t say it, everyone says that and nobody sticks to it. I don’t want to lose anything else, this house is a home to me and you’re…I just don’t want to lose again” she admitted and he nodded grabbing her hand. “Then after all this, when he’s gone what about then?” he quizzed and she nodded slowly.

“After all this goes away you can live here with us, bring Draco with you” “Sirius I know us means Harry and you, he’s got no interest in letting me near him let alone Draco!” she argued and he laughed. “He will when he knows what’s good for him, trust me Remy. Everything will be fine, all this is temporary and it’ll end” he reassured kissing her cheek and she smiled at him.

“I hate going back to Hogwarts, looking at them kids knowing that by the time this all finishes half of them might not even be alive. It won’t be safe forever and I’m going to change that, it just…” she trailed off and he nodded “But you can also change it to saving that place, tomorrow before you leave we’ll discuss everything” he said and she nodded.