The Black Lupin

Plan

“Remy Grace Lupin” “Age” he said “28” “What house were you in at Hogwarts?” he stated “Slytherin” she replied glaring at him. “How did you get in here?” “I know Remus and Sirius, I can read their magic. Dumbledore isn’t as talented as he thinks in his old age” she snided smiling “Children come on” Molly stated, “No, mum let us stay” Ron begged and she sighed.

“How did you know this place existed?” Kingsley Shacklebolt asked, “I used to live here,” she said and they looked at Sirius, “She left home at 13 and moved in here with my family. She went to school with my brother and they’ve been best friends for years” Sirius explained and they nodded. “Are you a Death Eater?” “Yes” she stated keeping her eyes trained on the floor “Why are you here?” “To see Sirius, I have some things to discuss with him” she replied.

“Will you tell them where we are?” Snape asked and she shook her head “Why are you in his dreams?” Harry shouted and her eyes fixed on him “Who?” “Voldemort’s” Harry stated. “You dare say his name? I’m not in anyone’s dreams” she spat back “Yes you are! He dreams about you all the time” Harry snapped hating her, she was the opposite of Remus. He was so warm and caring yet she seemed cold and clinical, how could they be related?

“The Dark Lord and I are close” she cut back “How close?” “You know the answer to that Severus, now untie me from this chair” she demanded “No! How do we know we can trust you?” Snape shouted at her “How do they know they can trust you?” she replied smiling. “Let her go, I’ll stay with her” Remus cut in pulling away from Sirius untying her and she stood up stretching her body out before taking the bottle from Snape’s hand and spitting the liquid back in it.

“Next time don’t you dare try to make me swallow that stuff” “What?” Shacklebolt shouted and she laughed, “You think I’m stupid? I may be 28 but I am not stupid! Now if you don’t mind Remus I’d like to go so you can give me that back,” she said coldly pulling her wand from him. “Hang on, what did you want Remy?” Sirius asked and she shook her head, “No, it’s fine. I’ll go, have fun and I’ll see you I’m sure of it” she grinned and it made shivers run down the spines of most of them.

“Kreacher stop that!” Sirius shouted as they all heard a bang from upstairs but the noise kept coming no matter how much Sirius shouted and Remy smiled “Kreacher do you mind!” she called and he appeared at the door “Mistress Lupin, you came back?” Kreacher said bowing in front of her and she nodded.

“I brought you this Kreacher, I found it on Master Regulus’ body and I know you always admired it so it’s my gift to you” she replied handing a shiny bracelet over to the elf who took it. “Regulus’ body? Mistress?” “Yes Kreacher, I’m afraid Regulus died,” she admitted hanging her head and stiffening.

“No! Why Master Regulus, why not Master Sirius?” he asked and she laughed “Trust me Kreacher I ask myself the same question, Sirius never was a good wizard. Too caught up in all that noble saving the world stuff that seems to have got him nowhere” she snided and Sirius smiled looking at her. “Master Regulus gave me this to look after, he would want you to have it” Kreacher said digging out a locket from his tatty clothes and holding it out.

Her eyes widened and she hooked it on her wand “Regulus gave you this? When?” “Before you left to go back to the forests, he told me to guard it,” Kreacher explained, “You were here?” Remus asked and she laughed. “Answer now!” Shacklebolt demanded and she turned to face them. “Yes we’ve been here, Regulus and I have been in this house countless times since you lot took over it! You think Sirius and Remus; our own brothers’ magic could stop us? Then there’s that ridiculous old fool Dumbledore! Maybe he would’ve been useful 20 years ago but not anymore and when he’s gone do you really think old Severus here will be as trusted or as useful to you lot? Well he won’t! The Dark Lord won’t need him anymore so it’ll be bye bye Severus and hello new friend!” she explained.

“Your whole understanding of the Dark Lord and where he is, what he does, who he wants depends on Severus’ knowledge. When that knowledge gets taken away tell me then who’ll keep you informed? Your so busy protecting Harry that you’ve forgotten there’s people here who could be more important to him” she said calmly looking around the room.

“Well I knew your duelling was inferior but really your brains are as well! I was told the mudblood was clever” “Hey watch your language!” Remus shouted. “Don’t you dare raise your voice to me Remus! Shouldn’t you be off hiding from a potential full moon?” she asked and the room fell deadly silent. “Right well if this was my war to fight and I wanted Harry to kill then I’d know everyone was protecting him, making him the main priority. Protect Harry at all costs, but you see I’d not want anyone else to kill him; the Dark Lord doesn’t want that either. So really it’s a matter of capturing Harry,” she explained as everyone looked on.

“But if The Order are protecting Harry then capturing him becomes tricky, almost dangerous so that leaves Harry being taken out the question” she said pushing Harry towards the Weasley’s who grabbed him. She grabbed Ron and Hermione pushing them to Sirius, people raised their wands but Sirius held up his hand as a sign to leave it alone.

“But well Sirius, Weasley and little miss mudblood here aren’t as protected as Harry. Taking one of these would be easier, Sirius would put up the strongest fight so that takes him out. Leaving you two,” she stated rounding on Hermione. “Hermione Granger, born to muggle parents, takes a large amount of classes, very intelligent, people expect her to do well after school, the brains of the operation. Take you out and well Harry has to rely on you,” she explained looking to Ron.

“Ronald Weasley, member of the Weasley clan, not the most intelligent or talented wizard but has courage, stands by his friends, take him away and Hermione here would make Harry concentrate. So you take one of these two and sit and wait for Harry to turn up. Harry’s downfall is his friends, he’s lost before so he knows how it feels and if you use that then you’ve caught yourself a Potter” she admitted grinning at them all.

“Of course that’s not his plan but it could be, I mean I could tell him about it and he might listen” “Yeah but that’s not his plan and you know nothing of his plans” Severus spat at her and she nodded. “Fine Severus, I’m not here to prove my knowledge but I am here to ask a favour” she stated “Why would we do anything for you?” Mad Eye Moody asked and she shrugged “You have no reason but you’re the only ones who can help” she said sitting on the table biting into an apple.