Teen Angst

10

He must’ve sensed he strange look on my face because he added “They’re not dangerous, their safety not ours. They were tortured with the Cruciatus Curse, it made them kind of…forgetful” “That’s awful, I don’t understand why people do that to others” I said and he nodded. “Yeah well I get the feeling Bellatrix Lestrange isn’t a nice person” “Bellatrix? So that’s why she’s in Azkaban,” I mumbled, “You know her?” he asked, “I-I kind of…erm I know family of hers. I never knew she was that bad” I admitted, “Well now I feel awful for knowing her family” “Don’t, you didn’t make her do it, they didn’t force it unless you know You-Know-Who,” he offered.

“Nope, your not one of these who thinks just because I’m in Slytherin I’m evil are you?” I asked and he paused “Thanks, you know I’m…” “It’s more your friends than your house” he cut in and I shook my head. “There’s nothing wrong with Draco Malfoy! He’s the best friend I’ve ever had and just because he’s not pleasant to you does not mean he’s evil! He’s back at Hogwarts right now looking after my brother while I’m here, an evil person wouldn’t do that” I defended.

“Yeah but…” “But nothing, bet you think Potter, Weasley and Granger are great yet they constantly tease me. All I ever hear is comments on Draco and I dating, no matter how many times we say we’re not! Why should we be nice to them?” I snapped. He stayed quiet and I felt bad for snapping at him “It just annoys me that people think I’m a bad person, people don’t like me because of things Draco, Crabbe and Goyle do; that’s like me not liking you because of things Harry, Ron and Hermione do…stupid” I explained quietly and he just looked at me.

“Some Christmas day huh?” I asked after a few minutes silence “You always spend it here?” “Yeah every holiday” he replied. “I saw you in duelling club the other week, you’re good” he stated, “Thanks, I’m sorry about the whole Draco thing. It’s just I hate the way everyone thinks badly of him, I guess he hardly gives you reason not to but still” I mumbled away.

“Did you get anything good for Christmas then?” he asked “Sweets, jewellery, a new cauldron and a new cloak. You?” I replied “Sweets, a new book, all that sort of thing” he stated. “So do you live near here?” “Yeah, gran moved when my parents got put in here. Do you?” he replied “Oh no, miles off. Do you come every day of the holidays?” I asked and he nodded and I smiled.

“Look I know what your thinking, Neville’s stupid visiting people who…” “I think it’s sweet, it must be difficult seeing them and them not recognising you” I cut in and he reddened, I felt awkward “I should go see if he’s awake, erm thanks for…” “It’s okay, I hope he gets better,” he offered and I nodded walking off. I sat at my dad’s side as he was still asleep before seeing the woman who’d brought me to him the first time “Excuse me could I send someone a message?” “Yes I can send an owl for you” she replied smiling holding out a piece of paper and I took it picking up the quill on the desk.

‘Dad’s going to be okay so they say; he looks awful though. Is Skylar okay? Multiple spells at work hit him and he says he’s okay but he doesn’t look it or sound it. I’m not convinced at all, they keep giving him potions to make him better though, hope your keeping out of trouble! Xxx’ I folded it over writing ‘Draco Malfoy, Slytherin House, Hogwarts on it and handed it to her and she smiled.

“I’ll send that out for you now shall I?” I nodded and she walked off leaving me to go back to dad, she came over later to tell me the owl had been sent before suggesting I went home. “H-How do I get home?” I said “Floo Powder” “Can I get to Hogwarts from here?” I asked and she shook her head and I nodded slowly.

“C-Can I stay here?” I said, “We do ask all visitors to go home I’m afraid” “O-Okay” I stated taking some Floo Powder throwing it into the fire before stepping into the flames. “Malfoy Manor” I said and before I knew it I’d practically fallen out of the fireplace into the Malfoy’s front room.

“Christy?” Mr Malfoy asked confused and I nodded “Dear what’s the matter?” Draco’s mum said, “My-My dad, he’s in St. Mungo’s. He got injured at work and they sent me to him but there’s nobody at home, mum was going to visit my cousins and dad says she’s not back yet. Professor Snape took me and left me but I can’t get back to the castle, Skylar’s still at Hogwarts and he doesn’t know what’s happened and I have…” “Is your father okay?” he stated and I shrugged.

“Christy dear why didn’t Draco come with you?” “I told him to stay with Skylar, he’s the only one who really looks after him. Goyle and Crabbe would have lost him by now, I thought I’d be able to stay with dad or sneak back to Hogwarts and get out before Skylar saw me but…” Draco’s mum cut me off. “Christy dear you can stay with us, don’t you worry. We’ll come with you tomorrow to visit your father and we’ll get you back to school when it’s time” she offered and I nodded.

“Thank you” I replied, they asked if I wanted food before his mother led me upstairs to Draco’s room. “You look tired dear, why don’t you get some sleep. You know where everything is and you might as well sleep in Draco’s bed tonight” she stated “T-Thank You” I said and she shook her head. “Anytime Christy, good night” she replied before leaving and I sat on Draco’s bed.