Teen Angst

11

I heard voices in the darkness later on and froze in fear before recognising them “Do you think her father is okay?” Lucius asked, “I hope so, poor girl” “I have sent an owl to Draco to let him know she’s here, he’ll be worried about her” he stated. “Good, it’s a shame he can’t be here. Maybe we could think of an excuse to get him out the castle for a day or so?” Draco’s mum suggested.

“We’ll see what he thinks, I’ve never understood why Draco continues to be friends with that girl” Lucius whispered and my mind scrambled, did they hate me? Did they think Draco could have better friends? “Lucius leave the boy alone, he’s only ever wanted to be friends with her, and don’t you start with the dating comments. You know it winds them both up” his mother defended.

“Narcissa I’m merely pointing out the fact that if Draco was to marry her there was much worse things in the world, the girls from a good pure blooded family” “Lucius don’t you dare talk about Draco’s life like that, it’s his life and his decision Lucius” she scolded.

“I’m just saying if he chose her…” “Enough Lucius, go to bed” she snapped and I heard him sigh as he walked off before the light in the room increased as she walked into the room. I heard her moving things around and I pretended to wake up “Sorry Christy I was just tidying up, Draco’s a typical boy keeping things everywhere. I didn’t mean to wake you dear, go back to sleep,” she whispered and I sat up.

She sat on the edge of the bed “Dear I can see if I can get Draco out of school for a day to come see you if you’d like?” I shook my head “I’ll be okay, I’ll go back and see dad tomorrow. If he’s okay I’ll go back to school and if not I’ll go to our house” “No you can stay here, Lucius will be off visiting so it’ll really only be us 2” she reasoned.

“Some Christmas day you’re having, did Draco give you your present?” she asked and I nodded “I knew he’d buy me something from that place, I’m never sure whether to trust it” I admitted thinking of the strange gold contraption Draco had bought me from Borgin and Burkes. “He told me it brings good luck and whatever the heart truly desires” she informed “Could have just made me some Felix Felicis” I joked and she smiled.

“Thank you for my present” I offered and she nodded “What did you get him?” “That weird thing he was amazed by when we went in Borgin and Burkes just before we went back to school” I replied and she smiled. “Bet you made his day,” she said laughing “I’m sorry I got him in trouble for using magic outside school” I offered and she shook her head.

“Don’t be you never made him do it, he was just looking out for you. You know I used to worry he was going to really fall into the dangerous way of not having close friends. Anyway dear you should get some sleep,” she stated getting up and leaving.

The next day I woke up to smell food “Christy dear do you want breakfast?” I heard a voice shout and I dragged myself up as there was a knock at the door “I brought you breakfast, if you don’t want it don’t eat it” Mrs Malfoy offered. “Oh I’ll come downstairs and…” “Don’t, come on this is Draco’s room after all and you know as well as I do he sneaks food up here!” she said smiling and I laughed.

She left and I got ready eating breakfast before heading downstairs to see Mr Malfoy wasn’t there “Thank you” I offered handing a plate to Mrs Malfoy who passed it to the elf at her side. “Lucius will be joining us later, he had a few things to attend to but he’ll be back for lunch” she explained and I nodded, “Would you like me to come with you?” she asked “It’s up to you, I can go on my own if you want” I stated and she shook her head.

“Come on dear let’s go” she grabbed my hand and next thing I knew I was outside St Mungo’s again “Let’s go see if he’s awake shall we?” she said and I nodded. When we got inside we found my dad still asleep and I sat at his side whilst Narcissa went to ask how he was, when she came back we sat together for awhile before dad woke up and I smiled at him.

“Are you okay dad?” I asked and he nodded “N-Narcissa?” he asked and she nodded “How are you Errol?” she smiled and he nodded “Would you like some water?” she asked and he nodded so she got up again. “What’s she doing here?” “I-I stayed with them last night” “Christy!” he scolded, “Oh don’t worry Errol, she turned up at ours last night. Going to an empty house isn’t what the girl wants when her father’s in hospital and if we’d found out we’d have only asked her to stay with us. Anyway Lucius will be out so it gives me someone to talk to” Narcissa explained and dad nodded slowly.

“Don’t you worry about a thing, Draco practically lived at your house last summer so we’ll call it even from this shall we?” she asked and dad sighed nodding. A woman came around with a massive stack of letters “Groshank?” she asked and we nodded before she handed a few over moving on to the next bed. I saw one of them was for dad and he opened it reading it himself, apparently it was from mum.

One was from mum for me telling me to keep an eye on dad and not let him go back to work until she got home. The next one I recognised straight away as Draco’s handwriting ‘I hope he gets better soon! Mum said your staying at ours so I hope your not too scared of the werewolf’s! Your brother asked a few questions but I distracted him by teaching him how to play wizards chess better and by possibly teaching him so spells…don’t be mad at me! His friends are all doing their homework the day we’re going to Hogsmeade so Professor Snape said I could probably visit you for the day at the hospital. Tell mum I say hi and thanks for the presents, and I’m trying to stay out of trouble but you know how it is! Draco xxx p.s if I don’t hear from you ever again I will presume the werewolf got you :)’ I read before smiling.

“Draco says hi and thanks for the presents” I said and his mum nodded smiling, it was dinner time by the time they had all left and told me to go back to their house when I as ready to so I headed upstairs to get food whilst dad slept.

I sat down starting to eat as someone sat opposite me and I looked up to see Neville “Hi, how’s your dad?” he asked and I nodded “Your parents?” I said and he nodded. “Is that your mum you were with?” “Oh no, that’s Draco’s mum” I stated and he nodded “I’m staying with them whilst dad’s in here, no where to go I guess. Draco tries to make me scared of a werewolf around his house,” I admitted smiling and he smiled back.

“Is there one?” “Oh he says yes and then when I get scared he says no!” I explained and he smiled “Your scared of them?” “Yeah, I mean they’re kind of scary, they eat people” I answered and he laughed. “They don’t eat people!” “Well how else do you become one?” I said “They bite…okay so I guess that does sound like eating but they can’t be that bad right?” he said and I shrugged.

“Put it this way I won’t be looking to befriend one anytime soon. So does anyone else ever visit your parents?” I asked and he shook his head “They only really know gran so it’d be pointless. Have you done any of the homework yet?” Neville questioned and I nodded “I did my Potions homework and I’ll just make Draco do the rest” I joked and he looked shocked “I’m joking, I’d never copy his homework. I do want to pass,” I said smiling and he laughed “He’s stupid?” he asked and I shook my head “No he’s a clever boy, but I don’t think intelligence goes with his look” I joked and he nodded.

“Did Potions take long?” “Not really, I did it first because it sounded the easiest; that and the fact Snape’s head of Slytherin” I admitted, “Yeah but he likes you” “I’m in Slytherin, he kind of has to like me” I stated and he smiled. “Have you done any homework?” “Herbology” he replied and I groaned “Least favourite topic by far! I cannot stand it, its stupid,” I complained and he shook his head.

“It’s easy, even I can do it!” he said and I smiled, we sat talking before I had to go and I headed back to say night to dad before going back to The Malfoy’s. 2 days later and I was sat at the hospital on my own as dad slept, I closed my eyes daydreaming when a hand clasped over my mouth and I jumped before recognising the hand and the smell of the person.