Teen Angst

18

We’d been in the house for over an hour when the wind picked up and there was a howling noise as it blew through the cracks in the house. “Okay can we go now?” “Scared are we Malfoy?” I teased and he nodded “What’s that noise?” “It could be a werewolf or it might just be the wind,” I suggested pointing to the window.

“You could well be right,” he stated before his eyes fell to the chair behind me “Don’t move” “What?” I asked, “Don’t move,” he repeated and I spun to see the biggest spider I’d seen in a long time crawling up the chair. “Avada Kedavra!” I said pointing my wand at it and it hit the floor on its back “I really need to stop doing that” I said realising what I’d done.

He walked over picking it up, it dangled by one of its legs and I backed away from it “Don’t Draco, I’ll be sick” I warned feeling my stomach tighten, he smirked at me as he walked forward and I felt my back on the wall and Draco was still walking towards me. “Put it down, I’m not messing around. Get rid of it,” I begged, “What do you say?” “Please, Draco please throw it out the window or something, just don’t come near me with it” I said.

“Face your fear, its dead. Just hold it,” he stated holding it in the palm of his hand and I shook my head, he rolled his eyes throwing it on the floor and I ran away “It’s dead, you saw to that so it won’t get you anymore” he teased. “I just don’t like them okay, they freak me out. There’s too many legs on them” I explained and he laughed.

“So Crabbe and you” “Draco don’t be funny, that was the most awkward moment of my life” I stated “What’d you talk about?” he asked “I don’t even know, I think I blocked it out my mind” I said and he burst out laughing “Don’t laugh, its awkward. What am I meant to say to him?” “It’s not you its me. We’re better off as friends, I’m just not ready for this or I’m in love with someone else,” he suggested.

I laughed pushing him “Are we friends again now?” “Nope, is Crabbe going to be weird?” I asked, “Maybe, it’s a teenage thing. Everyone has them, they grow out of it” “Everyone? I don’t and you don’t” I cut across and he smiled. “That’s because we’re not that sort, he’ll grow out of it. We just find it hilarious” he admitted “Oh charming! What’s wrong with it?” “Well he’s a bit slow, no particular talent, not much of a conversationalist, not really anything special and your clever, talented at most things you try, always got something to say, pretty and your just different” he said picking a book up and flicking through it.

“Opposites attract” “They also repel, I just think you should keep your options open” he admitted “We’re talking about dating not getting married” “Yeah well I’m just saying you can always say no” he said “Yeah I know, I just don’t…” “Christy you don’t like him you’re just thinking you do” he stated, “How do you know who I like?” “Because I do,” he answered looking at me “How?” I snapped and he grabbed me pulling me to him pushing his lips onto mine.

His hands dropped to my waist keeping me against him, he pulled away “That’s how I know” “Draco I…” I started but he cut me off as he kissed me again. His lips moved on mine as one hand moved to my neck, his fingers pushed into my hair; my own hands seemed to move on their own to his neck whilst his fingers twirled hair around them. He pulled away before pressing his lips back on mine softly, he went to move away but I pulled him back to me kissing him “How long have we been here?” I shrugged “We’re going to be late” he said grabbing my hand dragging me after him.

We ran back through Hogsmeade before getting closer to the castle when we saw others and I slowed down pulling away from him, we walked past people before he walked through people pushing them sideways “What the…” I heard someone say before Draco grabbed him and I saw it was Ron Weasley.