Teen Angst

2

3 years later and I was walking down Diagon Alley with the list of school items in my pocket when I saw some of the people from school, I walked into Gringotts to see my aunt and uncle “Christy!” they shouted and I smiled walking over. I spoke to them before seeing the time “I have to go, I’ve got to buy my stuff and meet my parents. I’ll see you later” I said before walking off again.

I grabbed the schoolbooks I needed struggling to carry them as I paid and left when someone walked into me and I dropped two of them, they landed with a thud and someone cried out in pain. I groaned as I tried to balance the others to see where the 2 had landed “Well help the poor girl!” a woman ordered “S-Sorry, here you go” a voice said.

“Sorry did it fall on you? Blame stupid Potions for that, why do they feel the need to make books this big?” I grumbled as I felt the weight of the books increase and I moved them to see the person who’d walked into me. “Oh I’m sorry I-I walked into you” he stuttered and I nodded “It’s okay, you go to Hogwarts don’t you?” I asked knowing the answer already and he nodded “Your in my year aren’t you? 4th year, your in Gryffindor?” I questioned and he nodded again quickly looking nervous.

“Longbottom right?” I asked and he nodded “I’m Christy Groshank” I introduced “I-I know who you are…” “Neville come on we’re not here for conversation with your friends. We’ve got things to be buying!” the older woman scolded and he nodded quickly “Sorry” he offered and I nodded “Sorry it fell on you” I replied and he left with the woman.

From what Draco said about Neville that must’ve been his grandmother because it appeared he lived with her, something about his parents being dead. I wandered down to the Leaky Cauldron struggling to open the door with all the books when I heard a voice “Let me get that Christy” I recognised it straight away “Thank you Mr Malfoy” I replied as the door opened and I dropped the books on the first table I found and looked to see Draco’s father.

“I see you’ve been to buy your things” “Yes sir, has Draco?” I asked and he smiled “He’s there now, he’s sent me to tell you he’ll be a few minutes and also I have this for you” he stated holding out his hand and I took the box from it opening it. I saw a silver bracelet inside “Thank you Mr Malfoy, you didn’t have to” I smiled as I pulled it out wrapping it around my wrist. I clipped it up smiling “I understand your 14 tomorrow” “Yes sir, it’s lovely thank you” I replied, “Well my sons best friends deserve the best. So you’ve finished your shopping I take it?” he asked.

“Yes I have, stupid books are so heavy. Skylar’s off buying his robes and wand, he’s excited about starting school too say the least. Thinks he’ll be the best thing Hogwarts has ever seen” I joked smiling as he bought us both a drink, we sat talking when one of his friends came in and he said he’d be back.

I jumped as someone slammed books on the table and I saw the familiar blond hair of Draco. I jumped up hugging him and he squeezed me back “Why are you on your own?” Draco asked, “I’m not, your dad’s over there” I replied as he let me go “I’ve got this for you, you must’ve left it at mine when you were there the other week” he said handing a necklace to me. “You look different” he stated “Yeah my cousins girlfriend has been staying with us, she’s a muggle and she insisted on doing some weird things to me. She put this stuff in my hair that changed the colour of it, and then she used this thing on it that made it all straight. Who knows, weird muggles” I mumbled and he laughed “Well you look nice” he complimented.

“Aww look at Malfoy and his girlfriend Groshank” a voice teased and we both looked to see Harry Potter “Aww look Potter ad his poor friend and muggle born…how sad” Draco cut back and I shook my head “Draco ignore them, lets go get another drink” I cut across as I pushed my deep purple hair from my face. I normally had dark brown hair but my cousin’s girlfriend had promised that it would be back to normal in a week or so “Yeah listen to your girlfriend Malfoy!” Harry snapped and I glared at him.

“Look Potter, I am not his girlfriend! Just because I’m friends with him doesn’t mean I’m his girlfriend! Your always with her but neither of you are dating the girl!” I growled and they all stayed quiet “Ridiculous! Stupid idiots” I mumbled turning and I heard Ron shout something, I was knocked sideways by Draco as he shouted something back and I smacked my face on the side.

“What’s going on? Weasley look at what your child’s done!” Mr Malfoy shouted as I turned to reveal a bloody lip “Christy are you okay?” Draco asked pulling me to face him “What was that for Weasley? You picking on girls now?” Draco growled. “Only a dirty dueller curses a person with their back is turned!” I said as I wiped my lip “Here Christy dear let me see” Mr Malfoy said “Do you not think your son needs to apologise to my son’s friend?” he barked “No way!” Ron growled back and Draco walked closer to him “Watch yourself at school Weasley, all of you should” he warned before turning back to me.

“So your 14 tomorrow, here I got you something” Draco smiled handing me a package and I opened it to see a new quill, some earrings and a dark green robe, I grinned hugging him “Thank you Draco, I love them” I squealed as Mr Malfoy laughed. “Are your parents doing much?” “They’re away at my cousins house from tonight until first day of school” I replied “Well you could stay with us! Your away for a couple day’s aren’t you father?” Draco asked, “Yes we are but you can stay with us, I’m sure Draco and yourself can find something to do” “That would be good” I replied smiling.