Teen Angst

23

2 days later and Draco was at Quidditch practise as we all set off for Hogsmeade, we reached the shops and as I walked into one someone walked into me “Christy sorry” they said and I smiled “Hi, are you okay?” I asked and Neville nodded “You?” “Yeah thanks, you up to much?” I said. “No just got to find the others, looks like I’ve lost them. You?” he replied “Nope, them lot will be off buying useless stuff. I might go back early” I admitted and he nodded.

“Do you maybe want to go somewhere?” “Yeah okay” I answered smiling and we walked off together, “Did you do well in your essays?” I asked and he smiled “Herbology yes, Potions not really. I think Snape just marks me down on purpose” “Maybe he’s just biased because he loves us Slytherin’s but then he’s failed a lot of them” I said and he nodded.

We walked into the Three Broomsticks, “I thought we weren’t allowed in here because we’re underage,” Neville stated, “We’re not but Madam Rosmerta knows my dad so she doesn’t mind” I replied as she smiled. “Christy how are you? I saw your dad in here the other week, told me he’d been busy at work. Can I get you a drink?” she asked “Yeah thanks” “Will Draco be joining you?” she said and I shook my head “Just Neville and me” “Neville Longbottom?” she asked and Neville nodded.

“So no Draco, have you two had an argument?” she said as she put 2 drinks down for us “Nope we’re fine, he’s at quidditch practise” “And the others? They’re not giving you problems are they?” she asked. “No we’re all fine, we’re still all friends just Draco had quidditch and Crabbe and Goyle are around somewhere” I reassured and she smiled “Well as long as my favourite people aren’t growing apart then its okay” “I don’t think that’ll be happening, you know us two” I replied smiling. “Well I’ll leave you alone” she finished walking off “What is it with people being weird about Draco and me? It’s not like we’re attached at the hip!” I complained and he laughed, “You are kind of always together, I mean its rare your apart from each other” Neville said.

“We’re not, we’re just best friends” “I don’t really get why because your not like him, he’s never nice” Neville replied and I shook my head “Draco is so nice, everyone thinks he’s evil. I know he hardly shows you any sign of it but he really is nice, if he wasn’t I’d not be friends with him. From the day after our sorting he was nice to me, he’s always been my best friend. Might sound crazy to you but there’s not a single person I’d rather be best friends with” I admitted and he nodded.

I saw Professor Snape walk in “I’ll be back in a minute” I said walking over to him “Professor can I speak with you please?” he looked at me “I thought no underage people were allowed in” “No sir but my father is friends with Madam Rosmerta. I was wondering if I could ask you about Professor Lupin” I stated quietly and he nodded. “Is he a werewolf?” “Groshank I cannot answer that question it would not only be unfair but gossiping about a fellow professor is something that is frowned on” he answered and I smiled “I understand professor” I replied before going back to Neville.