Teen Angst

24

3 weeks later and Draco grabbed me as we left Potions “You know that ball thing that’s on next week?” he asked and I nodded smiling “Well would you want to maybe…” “Draco of your asking me to go with you then I’m sorry but I already agreed to go with someone else” I cut in. “Who?” “Draco you’ll see, I’m sorry I just said yes when he asked me last week. Your not mad are you?” I asked “No I just presumed we could go together but I can ask Arielle” he stated walking after her.

“Christy, are you going to the ball with Draco?” “Nope” I answered, as Goyle appeared at my side “Well would you…” “I’m going with someone else so it’s a no to everyone else” I offered and he nodded as we walked into Charms. ‘We heard about the ball and thought we’d send you this to wear, I bet you’ll go great with Draco! You two have fun. Love you, mum and dad xxx’ I read one morning before smiling; Arielle had been telling everyone about her date with Draco.

The girls were all talking about dates and dresses as I sat doing my final essay “Christy what are you wearing?” “Oh nothing special, mum’s had it made for me. I think my gran made it actually” I admitted, “Oh, my mum bought mine” one of the girls said. “I like it, anyway it’s just a ball. I really don’t see the big deal” I stated and I heard the girl mumble something and I rolled my yes “Whose are those shoes?” I asked and the same girl picked up the heels “Don’t leave them lying around” I scolded going downstairs and sitting with Draco.

It was the day of the ball and everyone was busy getting ready, the girls were all talking about hair and shoes and who knows what else. I was playing wizards chess whilst they all hung around in the dorms, “Are you not getting ready?” “Yeah just not with all them. They’ll all start coming down in a minute and then I’ll go up,” I answered and he laughed. We’d been sat down playing it for ages when I noticed a lot of people milling around and I saw the time “What time are you leaving?” “7” he replied “Oh I’ll met you there then because I’m not leaving for a bit, see you there” I said hugging him and he disappeared as I walked up to my own dorm. There was only Arielle left finishing her hair and I smiled at her “Will Draco like it?” she asked and I tried to hide my lies “Yeah he will” she was wearing bright white and pink, not Draco’s favourite colours at all.

“What are you wearing?” she said as I pulled the front pieces of my hair back twisting them loosely before pinning them up “Is that all your doing with your hair?” she asked and I nodded “I’m going to the bathroom, I’ll see you at the ball” I smiled leaving and she nodded. When I got back no one was in the dorm and I smiled as I pulled my dress out getting changed into it, I saw the time and grabbed my shoes doing them up before leaving “Christy?” a voice asked and I spun around to see Marcus “Hi, you look nice” “So do you, you have a date?” he said and I nodded “I better go I’m late, see you there” I stated leaving and heading to the entrance hall.

I reached the big open hall and saw people everywhere, I felt weirdly nervous “Christy?” a voice said and I looked to see a perfect set of dress robes and Neville “Hi” “You look great, here I got you this” he stated holding out a red flower and I smiled taking it attaching it to my dress “You look good, so you listened when your gran told you to shine your shoes” I joked and he nodded smiling.

“You ready?” “Yeah” I said and he held his arm out so I took it “Your gran made it in Slytherin colours then?” “Yeah, nobody gets it but she spent forever working on it and I really like it” I explained as we walked to the Great Hall “Mr Longbottom and erm Miss Groshank” “Professor McGonagall” Neville replied and she looked at us confused. We walked into the great hall and my eyes went to the dark ceiling with stars and I heard Neville say something “Maybe I’m the only one it amazes” “What the ceiling?” I asked and he nodded “Its my favourite part of the school, well apart from the common room,” I admitted and he nodded.

“Neville what are you doing with her?” a voice asked and I saw Ron Weasley “Come on Neville” “What?” Neville said, “Why are you with her, is she being mean? Go hurl hexes at someone else!” Ron growled, “I asked her to come with me, she’s like me…” “Date? Christy Groshank is your date?” Ron asked and Neville nodded.

“Why?” “Oh aren’t you a charming one Weasley!” I snapped back “Because we’re friends, can we all just be nice for one night?” Neville cut in and I nodded “Sorry” I offered and he nodded smiling. “Why her Neville?” “Ron you can’t ask that” Hermione argued “I can and I will, what did she bully you into it?” “No I asked her to come with me” Neville replied “But why?” Ron snapped and I rolled my eyes “Neville thanks for asking me but I think I’m going to go see if I can find someone else” I said turning away.

I spotted Marcus Flint and smiled at him and he started to walk over “Christy Groshank have I told you that you look nice?” “Yes you told me before I left and I told you that you looked good too” I replied and he grabbed my hand kissing it “Do you have a date?” I asked “Yeah, some 6th year, can’t even remember her name now” he admitted and I laughed.

“I saw Draco with that blonde girl” “Arielle?” I cut in “Yeah that’s the one, so do I get a dance with my favourite 4th year?” he asked as I saw Ron pushing a girl towards Neville “Neville dance with Luna” Ron shouted pushing them off together and Neville looked over as they walked off and I smiled at Marcus “Is that dance still up for offer?” I asked and he nodded taking me hand again and leading me behind him. “Can you actually dance?” I said laughing and he shook his head “I thought as much” “Hey Groshank” he stated “Hey Flint” I joked “Well you know we have a quidditch match next week? Well we’re a beater down still because of his arm still being sore,” he explained.

“Still? I saw him the other day and he looked better but I guess it takes awhile, that sucks isn’t it against Gryffindor as well?” “Yeah sure is, well we can still win the cup if we win this and I was just wondering whether you’d try out?” he asked. “I told you I can’t play quidditch because of school work and I do the duelling club” “Oh come on! One game and you get to play beater, just come to the tryouts in a couple of days time” he begged and I sighed “Fine but it means nothing” I stated and he grabbed me hugging me “If you stand on my foot again Flint your in trouble” I warned and he laughed “Whose is the flower?” he asked and I looked down “Oh my date gave me it” “Where is he?” he said “His friends don’t like me” I admitted and he grinned.

“Excuse me, Marcus what are you doing?” a girl asked “Dancing” “I thought I was your date” she said and I let go of his hand “Well I’ll see you for quidditch, have a good night” I stated and he nodded as I walked off. I saw Neville shaking his head while the others seemed to argue with him and he walked over “Hi” he stated, “Hi” I replied “I’m sorry about my friends they just…” “I get it, I’m a Slytherin whose best friend is a Malfoy. Hardly high up on your popular list” I cut in and he shrugged.

“I thought it’d be your friends who’d be difficult, anyway do you want to come over to see my friends, I can’t promise they’ll behave” he offered and I laughed “Okay but I can’t promise I won’t say something back if they start being weird” I replied and he smiled as we walked to them.