Teen Angst

28

After about 3 months I got over the fact he was older and ‘cooler’ than me in 2nd year and part of me thought he quite liked it when I was in awe of him because most people were. I hadn’t however spent vast amounts of time on my own with him because Draco was normally there or he had something for us to do, “Marcus!” I heard someone shout and he stopped, turning to see the girl he’d been with at the ball walking towards us.

“Hi, I was thinking maybe we could go to the tea rooms or something later?” “I’m with Christy,” he answered, “Won’t she be with her friends later on? We could have a date or something?” she asked. “Look I’ll talk to you in Charms tomorrow but we have to go” he replied before walking again and he looked at me.

“That girl isn’t normal, she just doesn’t understand no Christy, and I have tried to tell her I don’t want to go on a date but he won’t listen to me. Anyway the last time I saw you in Hogsmeade you were on a date with Crabbe,” he teased and I glared at him. “That was not something I wanted to do Marcus, trust me. I didn’t see you” “Oh I was with a couple others in the corner, I take it that when you nod a lot and don’t answer it means you’re not interested then?” he questioned and I smiled nodding.

“Hey don’t you do that to me!” he laughed pushing me sideways and I laughed at him, “So how’s school going?” I nodded smiling “Good, well classes are going good if you get what I mean” I said and he nodded. “How about you? Only a year left now Marcus” I replied and he shook his head “I’m retaking this year so I’m going to be a 6th year again” “Why?” I asked looking at him as we reached the edge of Hogsmeade.

“Oh I’ll tell you about it sometime” he stated and I left it at that, we spent the whole day together and I dragged him to Honeydukes to buy my brother something. “Christy” I heard a voice say and saw Blaise Zabini, he spoke to me as I bought my brother something’s. “Do you want to come to the tearooms with me?” he asked and I shook my head “Sorry Blaise I’ve already been today” “Oh well we could go to the Three Broomsticks?” he suggested and I smiled at him.

“I’ve already got plans, sorry! I’ll see you later though probably” I offered as I walked off to find Marcus stood outside talking to one of the quidditch team players. Don’t get me wrong Blaise Zabini was a very attractive boy who was overly charming but that was where it ended in my eyes. We were friends but we didn’t have a lot in common at all and I wasn’t exactly keen on being alone with him unless in classes.

We spent the rest of the time in The Three Broomsticks and I saw the girl from our dorm talking to Blaise who shot us both an evil glare, as we walked back to the school I realised I’d spent the whole day blissfully unaware of the fact Draco and I were currently at war. For the first time I hadn’t been wondering whether I should just go and talk to him, “I’ll wait for you and we can go to the Great Hall together,” Marcus offered as I headed up to my dorm.

“Blaise wasn’t happy about you turning him down for Flint, he thinks you’re being stupid” “Everyone does” Arielle cut in and I rolled my eyes throwing my coat and scarf down pulling the blue rock from the pocket and putting it my jeans pocket. “Zabini can be mad if he wants, I was already doing something,” I answered as I grabbed the stuff for Skylar disappearing again.

“Skylar!” I shouted across the common room and he looked up “I got you this!” I called throwing it at him and he caught it grinning “Thanks!” he replied as I heard Marcus laughing. We sat together in the Great Hall when he nudged me “Your brother will be fine, I have it covered. Plus I think that kid found out what sort of magic Christy Groshank can do so he’ll back off” he joked and I smiled at him.