Teen Angst

30

"Marcus what are we doing?" I laughed as he dragged me behind him, he totally ignored me and I sighed "This does not look like we're going to meet Professor Snape" I stated referencing the lie he had just told. "Shut up Christy" he laughed and I shook my head as he rounded the corner into an abandoned corridor "We're not meant to be down here" I reminded and he shook his head "I know you, you're not afraid of abandoned corridors!" he stated and I smiled to myself.

"I was wanting to talk to you" "And we need to be in one of these for that?" I joked and he nodded, "What's happening between Draco and you?" he asked and I looked at him, "Well he hates me so I think it's pretty..." "He doesn't hate you, I think that much is obvious. I'm not a genius and you are so we both know what's going on" he cut me off and I shook my head.

"I know Draco and he was my best friend, I've trusted him through my time in this school and he's protected me from a lot of things and included me in his family but I never thought he'd turn me into one of those people. His mean temper has now been turned to me for talking to people he doesn't agree with" I explained as I leaned against the wall and he smiled. "He's jealous! I think he just presumed you were going to that stupid ball with him, he had been talking about you going with him for a while" Marcus admitted.

"Well he never asked me" "Yes well he had made it quite clear nobody else was really be asking you" he laughed, "You asked me, more than once" I reminded and he smiled "I liked the idea of you being my date than I really valued my life at the time, I'm joking! He doesn't scare me that's why" he smiled and I laughed. "Well he never asked me, was I meant to presume he was going to turn up on the night? If he hadn't asked me and Neville hadn't asked me I'd have said yes to you anyway" I reasoned and he shook his head.

"Then my life would have been a lot more interesting! But still, he was jealous you went with Neville Longbottom of all people. He might be your friend but to Draco he's...well Draco thinks that's an idiot!" "I know what Draco thinks of him, he thinks you're an uneducated stupid thug" I informed and he grinned. "You never did tell me why you're a year behind" "Oh, my father was ill and I went home to help look after him and be with my mother so I missed a large part of the year and my exams. I'm not stupid" he explained and I nodded.

"Is he better now?" "Much better, is yours?" I nodded smiling, "Well Draco is feeling humiliated you took or rather let a Gryffindor take you to the ball over him. Now he's angry you spend time with me, that brings me on to the next part of my motive. Why are you hanging around with me?" he asked and I looked at him as he played with the flame on the wall that sent shadowy light down the hallway.

"Because you keep asking me to?" "Nice Christy! If I stopped asking you?" he quizzed and I looked at him "Marcus what are you trying to ask me?" "I've just asked you!" he stated, "Marcus why are you asking me these questions? Why do you need to drag me here to ask me? Is most nights in the common room not good enough for this conversation?" I stated and he shook his head.

"I like your company Marcus, not that I'm in any position to be damned choosy within our house right now" I grumbled and he laughed, I heard footsteps and panicked grabbing hold of his hand dragging him backwards into the shadows. "What are you..." "If I get caught by certain Professors I am in huge trouble Marcus, just shut up" I whispered at him as I heard another voice and relaxed when I realised it was students, Draco to be precise.

"Where are we even going Arielle?" "I want to talk to you alone Draco" she replied and I looked at Marcus as he grinned, "She likes him, really likes him! She thinks now you're out the picture he'll date her" he whispered against my ear and I looked around at him. "Does that make you jealous?" I shook my head, I didn't understand what Draco and I had been so I wasn't really sure if I had any position to be jealous but after the way he reacted to my friendship with Neville he could forget me caring about who he dated!

I heard Arielle talking to him as they got closer and found the situation of us hiding hilarious, "Why are we hiding?" I mouthed and he shrugged at me, "You pulled me in here, so you're really not jealous?" "No! Why would I be jealous of Draco and Arielle?" I asked and he shook his head. "Where are they?" I whispered and he leant forward to look down the hallway into the area they were stood and he jumped back quickly.

"They're right at the side, nearly next to us!" he said quietly looking at me as I tried to think of a way out of here without them seeing us down here or any Professors catching us when I felt his lips on mine, I pushed him backwards and he looked at me "What?" "We're going to get in trouble! We have to get out of here!" I whispered and he shook his head. "We won't get caught, they will! They leave and we can leave! We're stuck here until then! If someone comes along we'll say we were discussing something and they turned up so we hid" he reasoned and I shook my head.

"Nobody will believe that, we need to think!" "Groshank, yo do all your best thinking under pressure! If we get caught your best excuse for us will occur as we're being questioned, until then we're free to wait around" he said and I hated his logic. "Am I right?" he asked and I glared at him "Yes you're right!" I mumbled and he smiled kissing my cheek.

"So, maybe we can go back to the previous activity?" he grinned kissing me again, "Mr. Malfoy! Is that you I hear?" I heard Professor Lupin ask and I froze moving away from Marcus hiding behind him.