Teen Angst

4

I opened carriage doors on students but didn’t find Skylar anywhere so I kept looking; I found a carriage full of what appeared to be first years “Have you seen a boy your age? Black hair, bright blue eyes, messy hair, about so high” I gestured and they stared at me “His names Skylar, got freckles on his nose, really excited and talkative” I listed and they looked at me “Have you?” I asked and they shook their heads.

“Well if you see him will you tell him his sister says to go back to their carriage straight away please?” I said and they nodded not making a sound. The next carriage had third years in and they were all gossiping about people, I presumed it was all about others in their year. I described my brother to them “Yeah does he have freckles?” one of the boys asked, “Yeah that’s him, you saw him?” I asked and he nodded. “He was crying further down there when I got changed about 10 minutes ago” “Did he say why?” is napped “Something about not his fault” the boy shrugged and I walked down the train quicker glancing in carriages when I heard the shopping trolley behind me and I let the woman with it go past me as I looked in another carriage.

After 5 minutes there was only 3 carriages left and I was starting to hope Draco had found him and got him sat back with them when I got back there, I looked through the next carriage window and felt a wave of relief flood over me. I ripped open the door “There you are, we’re been looking everywhere for you!” I shouted grabbing Skylar who was still crying “Hey leave the kid alone!” a voice snapped and I looked to see Harry Potter “The kid is my little brother” I argued back hugging Skylar against me.

“Who found you?” I asked and he pointed to Neville Longbottom sat behind me and I grabbed Neville hugging him “Thank you!” I said, “Skylar you can’t just walk off like that, Draco and I have been looking for you. You’d got us worried, what happened, someone said something about you crying?” I asked turning back to him.

“One of the boys pushed me and said I got in his way” he mumbled “Who?” I said and he described him, “Right well we’ll see how brave he is when he’s faced with someone his own size. If anyone does that again you come and tell Draco or me okay?” I stated and he nodded still crying chewing on some chocolate. I put my hand in my pocket pulling out some money “Whoever bought him this, here you go” I said holding it out “It-It doesn’t matter” Neville stuttered “We’re Groshanks and we don’t live in anyone’s debt so it does matter to us, Skylar you shouldn’t take things from people without paying them back” I smiled at him and he rubbed at his eyes and Neville took the money from me.

“Skylar forget about it okay, trust me the boys an idiot. Hey why don’t you ask Neville if you can see Trevor his toad, you love them don’t you?” I asked and his eyes widened, as he looked at Neville “You-You have a toad?” Neville nodded pulling it out his robe pockets. “That is so cool, my sister said she’d buy me one but she never did” Skylar rambled as he stared at the toad making me roll my eyes “Yes and she will if you do well in your first year exams, it’s a big responsibility looking after a pet” I lectured and the others stayed quiet.

“Is that why your not allowed one?” Skylar asked and I smiled at him “No I’m not allowed one because I have enough on my plate looking after them idiots” “Do you mean Crabbe and Goyle?” my brother stated and I laughed nodding. “I told you to stay with Draco, at least he’s got brains. I thought you were busy telling him about how your going to be in Ravenclaw?” I asked and he nodded “Crabbe said I had to be in Slytherin otherwise I’m a disgrace” “Yeah well don’t listen to him! It doesn’t matter what house your in Skylar as long as you do well and you behave yourself” I reasoned.

“But he said any other house is a disgrace to the wizard name and that we’re pure bloods so I belong in your house…” “Skylar dad was in Ravenclaw and he’s a good wizard isn’t he? You’ll be sorted into whichever house suits you and it makes no difference to any of us. As far as pure blood goes well not many families are true pure bloods anymore, cousin Yuri’s girlfriend’s a muggle isn’t she and you like her” I stated and he nodded.

“You said you hated her and that she was a stupid muggle though” “Yeah because she did this to my hair, anyway Crabbe’s one to talk about pure blood families his…we’ll finish this conversation later” I said realising where I was still. “Now say thank you and we better get back before Draco comes looking up here for you, hang on is that the boy that was mean to you?” I asked pointing to the sixth year leant against the corridor outside and he nodded.