Teen Angst

8

He waited until the were a distance in front before wandering slowly towards the castle “Christy I think you need to be careful with Goyle” “Why?” I asked confused “Because you do” he stated. “Draco are we 6 or something? What’s wrong with Goyle?” I said “What’s right with him? No but seriously, my father told me Goyle’s father is looking for a promotion at work. Something about needing more money and raids to do with your father’s office,” he explained.

“There’s no raids Draco” “Yes there is! They turned up at our house the other day as a random check to ensure my father was behaving himself, they searched the whole house” he cut back angrily. “Fine! But what’s that got to do with anything?” I asked, “Goyle’s father isn’t exactly clean cut is he! He’s scared they’ll get raided and they’ll find whatever he’s got lurking in his house that he shouldn’t have and he’ll get into trouble, Goyle’s trying to be nice to you so you tell your father to leave them alone or so you warn him when they’re coming. He’s got some crazy idea you told my family we were going to be raided” Draco admitted as we reached the entrance hall and warmth swept over me.

“Look Draco my dad does as he’s told and he doesn’t warn anyone of anything, you know full well he can’t/ I don’t care what Goyle wants me to say or do and you can make it well known that my father didn’t tell yours you were going to be raided! Draco this is serious if people start to think…” “Oh calm down will you! I didn’t tell anyone your father said anything to us,” he whispered and I shook my head at him.

“Christy I swear to you I didn’t” he offered as he pulled me to stop “Draco enough” “Christy I’m serious, I gave you my word” he whispered and I looked away from him “Well somehow people must know” “They presume! We’ve been best friends from first year and when my family gets raided and the hit wizards start snooping around one of them being Mr Groshank then people will automatically think. I never said a thing to them, I told Goyle you never even knew a thing but I can’t stop him asking questions,” he growled quietly.

“Anyway it’s hardly wrong what I did! You just stated there was talk of raids and I overheard, you never warned us!” he whispered and I shook my head “My dad doesn’t even know how I knew, come on Christy I wouldn’t say anything” “Malfoy’s been out playing in the snow with the girlfriend, how romantic” Ron sneered and we both rounded on him.

Our wands both pointed at him and his sister “Get lost Weasley’s” Draco ordered “Or what?” Ron answered, “Need I remind you what happened last time?” Draco stated, “I’ve had enough of you and your attitude Malfoy” Ron snapped and I laughed as he pulled his wand out.

“This should be good Draco! Remember that time he tried to turn his rat into a goblet and failed?” I teased and Draco smirked “Better get ready for some serious laughing, it could only get better if the girl tried as well” Draco laughed and I smiled as his sister pointed her want at me. “You’ll eat slugs one day Malfoy” “Like last time when it backfired on you?” Draco joked making me laugh and Ron shouted a spell but Draco moved sideways and it hit the wall making me laugh.

His sister shot a spell in my direction and I waved my wand and it hit the wall making a loud bang “What is going on in here?” Professor Snape shouted “Weasley why are you casting spells?” he asked as he got level with us “I-They were doing it too” “I never heard a single spell leave their mouths” Snape answered.

“Non-verbal” the sister said, “I’m fourth year, how would I be able to do that yet?” I cut in “Groshank has a point Weasley! That’s sixth year level magic, highly unlikely” Snape reasoned and I smiled at him “Oh professor my father said to tell you he wishes you a merry Christmas” I stated and he nodded. “Tell him the same from me, now run along you 2 you look like you’ve been out in that snow for too long. And you 2, 5 points from Gryfindor…each!” he shouted as they both groaned.

“Now go back to your common room!” he ordered and they disappeared, Draco winked at me as we walked off “Nice non verbal spell casting then, where’d you learnt hat?” he asked. “My father’s a Hit Wizard, where’d you think?” I replied and he smiled “Never fail to amaze me you don’t Groshank” he said laughing as we walked into the common room.