Life's Complications

Chapter 12

The break was long and sweet. I spent my days with Cameron and Lisa. We'd go swimming, we'd go fishing. We'd do anything to occupy our time. Lisa sometimes would leave Cameron and I, sometimes we'd tell her to stay, but sometimes we didn't.
"Hey!" I greeted Zach and Lisa with a hug. "How your break?"
"Great,"He said. "I heard i've missed some stuff?"
"You sure did," I said. "But i'm not going to bore you with them."
"Hey," He said. "I feel left out!"
"Aw," I faked the dramatic tone in my voice. "I'm sure you'll survive."
I walked through the familiar colored lockers. Blue, green, orange and yellow filled my sight. I opened my yellow locker only to be surprised by a hand covering my eyes.
"Cameron." I knew it was him, "Could you pleas be less cool? I'm jealous." I snorted, sarcastically.
"I'll try," He said, before pecking my lips. "For you."

"Welcome back," I heard, after finding my seat in this torture room they call a class room.
"Hey," I greeted Jake back.
"How'd your break?" He said.
"The best, you?" I asked.
"It wasn't bad," He said. "It's not fair you took one week off. So basically you had a 2 week vacation."
"Jealous?"
"Very."

My mind was oozing with numbers and figurers. I missed a few lessons which made this thing way too hard. Jake was walking me out. He was telling me how he spent his break with his dad, and that he went to the forest and they spent a few days there. I was mind blowed.
"Hey," Cameron greeted us. "Who's this?"
"Oh," I said. "Cameron, this is my friend Jake. Jake, this is my boyfriend Cameron."
Cameron stared at him after roughly shaking Jake's hands. I coughed off the awkwardness.
"Oh, Alice." He said. "Since you missed out on some lessons so i don't blame you for oozing off in class, maybe i can help you?"
"Oh my god, yes." I said. "Please, I think i'm gonna fail this class," I turned to Cameron. "Do you know how many lessons i've missed, they are like way back." I stopped rambling after noticing Cameron's face expression hardens.
"Uh, You can.." I stopped. "You can come, Cameron. We can do something afterwards, okay?"
He didn't answer.
"Cameron?"
He didn't answer.
"Hey," I said, looking into his eyes. "What's wrong?"
"Nothing," He coughs. "Yeah, definitely."
I smiled a big goofy smile.

After that awkward moment we three shared, everything was fine. We were sitting on a metal table in the middle of the cafeteria. I've always hated the cafeteria. Fiona's always in the cafeteria.
"Hi." Fiona greeted us with her awful presence.
"Ew." Lisa said.
She sarcastically smiled at her, and glared at me for laughing. "I need to talk to you." She said. I'm not sure where she was staring. I raised my eyebrows at her. "Not you," She announced. "Michael."
"Michael..?" I said, holding a laugh in. Trying my hardest not to laugh, that's a lie.
She faked the smile she was smiling and grabbing Michael by the hem of his shirt.
"What a bitch." I mumbled.
"Come on Alice," Cameron said. "She didn't come here to pick a fight with you, chill."
"You do realize what she did to me," I said. "Right?"
"Yes," He said. "I know, but sometimes you need to be a little nicer, a little mature."
"Why are you defending her?" I asked.
"I'm not."
"You are," I got up. "Good luck defending her after sticking a knife through my chest."
She. Makes. Me. Furious.
I can't handle the one i like, defend a human being like her, if i should even call her that.
The outburst was such a wrong time to have, I had bio. As i remember, Cameron and I are partners.
"Hey," He greeted.
The teacher began the lesson. The lights were off and the projector was on. We were learning about all kinds of fishes, sponges, Installation of it's body.
"Pst." Cameron hissed.
I rolled my eyes but couldn't help but smile.
"I see a smile." He whispered, which made me smile more.
"What do you want, Quiseng?" I said.
"Are you still mad?" He said. "Cause i'm willing to go punch her in the face."
I laughed, i couldn't help it. "No," I said. "It's fine."
"Good." He said. "Cause i'd totally would."
"Oh, you'd totally would."