Life's Complications

Chapter 13

It was saturday afternoon when Cameron showed up an hour early. I told Jake that I needed him to come early so Cameron and I can spend the day doing nothing after that.
"Hey," I said to Cameron. "Jake will be here any minute how about you be a good help and grab my extra calculator from my room?"
"Math isn't really my thing." He said.
"It isn't mine either, but we all have to do stuff we don't wanna do. Calculator." I pointed towards the stairs.
"Alright Alright." He said, getting up. "I guess you guys will need my genius math skills."
"Oh help us, Cameron." I said, sarcastically. Writing down the questions on a piece of paper as I hear Cameron's foot steps stomps the stairs. The bell rang.
"Hey," I greeted Jake. "Come on in."
"Thanks." He said.
"Welcome to my humble abode." I said, smiling a big goofy smile.
"Very nice." He said.
"I'm gonna go see what's taking Cam so long. Make yourself comfortable, If you need anything, the bathroom's through there and the kitchen is right there." I said.
"Nah, I'm good." He said.
"Alright."
Walking up the stairs I can hear the grunts of frustration and sounds of an unpleasant mess. I was right, Cameron completely turned the drawers upside down.
"Hey!" I called.
"Where is your goddamn calculator?!" He asked.
I rolled my eyes and walked to my desk grabbing my calculator. "Oh. Yeah.." Is all what Cameron said. I walked downstairs and so did Cameron.
"Get ready of two hours of stupidity and questions Jacob, because we be awesome." I rambled down the stairs.
"Yo!" Cameron said, I laughed at his stupidity.
"Yeah," I said. "Okay, lets do this."
We basically made it through thirty minutes of seriousness before Cameron started to complain about being bored.
"i told you," I said. "I told you, you don't have to come."
"Yeah.. You can leave now." Jake said.
"I'm not leaving, dickface. You're leaving." Cameron said.
"Woah," I said. "No one's leaving. Let's all just calm down."
Cameron, Jake and I were all up on our feet and the atmosphere was rough and cold.
"Alright," I said, standing between them. "Let's just sit down and focus on math."
They both sat down. "I would, If your boyfriend stops complaining like a little-"
"That's it." Cameron was on his feet and pass me and an unwanted punch was thrown to Jake's temples.
"Cameron!" Jake was down. "Just-" Before I knew it Jake was up and was already aiming for his punch. He missed Cameron's cheeks but he punched his nose instead. His nose started to bleed.
"Oh my god," I shouted. "Holly crap, Oh my god. Jake, Look at what you did!"
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt him but he was all up on me. I don-"
"Just leave!" I said. "Just go."
"I'm sorry, Alice." He said.
"Good bye, Jake."
Cameron rested his head on my lap as I cleaned his nose with a towel. I didn't speak to him doing so. He stooped too low.
"Alice?"
I dapped the towel into the cold water and placed it back to his nose.
"Alice, I'm really so-"
"Don't talk," I said, looking down his bright green eyes. "It's not good for you're nose, it must've hurt you so just ... don't talk."
"Do you want to stay up all night tonight? We could-"
"No, It's okay." I said.
"Well, What do you wanna do later tomorrow?" He asked.
"I'm meeting up with lisa, can't come." I said.
"Oh, well how about tomorrow night?" He asked.
"I- I can't."
"Why not?"
"I just can't"
"Well, you must have a reason." He stopped for a minute "Is it because what happened earlier today?"
"It's all about what happened earlier today Cameron!" I said. "What were you thinking?"
"I don't know." Cameron said. "He was being rude."
"Yeah, and you chose to turn to violence instead of firing back with words."
"You're right, but if you didn't scream. I wouldn't have gotten hit by him."
"Don't you dare turn the table on me Cameron, don't you dare. You and his immaturity that started all of this." I said.
"Im not blaming you Alice, i'm not." Cameron said. "He just pisses me off."
"No, you just can't hate someone for absolutely no reason." I told him.
"I know that he likes you," Cameron said. "I know that."
"What are you talking about?"
"Yeah, I heard him." Cameron said. "I overheard him talking about you, and he's planning on having you all for himself. So, I have a reason why I hate him. I feel insecure."
"Cameron," I said finally calming down. "He can never ever replace you. I mean that."
Cameron had a smile that could rip his face off. I smiled at that, I like that. He came closer towards me and hugged so tight I felt all of what just happened, didn't happen.

It's sunday morning, sun is shining, birds are singing and Cameron came over early in the morning.
"What time is it?" I asked, sipping a cup of fresh orange juice.
"Uh, it's 11:44. Why?" Cameron said.
"Oh good I have time." I said "The pills, i'll get it today."
"What time should we be there?" Cameron asked.
"Around 2 or 3," I said "You don't have band practice, do you?"
"Alice," He glanced. "it's sunday."
I made a weird hand movement when the door bell rang. "Hey, Lisa."
"Hey," Lisa said. "Is Cameron here?"
"Yeah." I answered.
"Hey." Zach popped in.
"Hi," I said. "Cameron's in the living room."
"Cool, can i come in?"
"Yeah, Of course."
"Hey, man" Zach greeted Cameron with a nod.
"Hey," Cameron said. "What are you doing here?"
"I have bad new." Zach said.
"What?" Cameron asked, frightened. I'm too.
"Well.."
"Come on, spill it out." Cameron rushed.
"Remember the contest we entered?" Zach asked.
"We didn't get in didn't we?" Cameron excepted.
"No no we got in..ish." Zach said.
"Ish?"
"Its the rules, that's the problem." Zach told us.
"Whats going on?" Cameron asked.
"Well one of the contests rule is we need a female vocalist." Zach said looking at me.
"What?" I asked.
Zach chucked. "A bird told me you could sing."
"What?" I won't do it. No way. "No no no no no."
"Come on, Alice. Please!!" zach said "The guys and I talked about it."
"Please, Alice." Cameron held my hands. "It's for the band?"
"I can't do it!" I said. "I'd die!"
"You will not die!" Lisa said.
"I will panic and ruin everything for you." I said. "I'd ruin it, please don't make me do this."
"No one is making you do anything." Cameron said. "But, if you don't do this, we won't be able to compete. They have school there so you won't miss anything, and if the competition is over then you can come back here and continue studying."
"I- I can't." I said.
"Alice, what are you so afraid of?"
"I can't.. I just can't go up on a stage .. and sing! I will be barely able to talk!"
"Alice." Cameron said. "Look at me."
I looked at his gorgeous green eyes that hypnotized me, melted me on the inside. I even forgot what we were arguing for a second. "I need you to be strong, and be brave. I need you to face your fears. If you go up there you'll feel great. You'll feel amazing. You will never know the feeling of accomplishing something till you see the people cheering on for you, for what you did." He said. "Don't do it for me. Do it for yourself."
I stared at the ground. I will not be able to say no to his eyes. Don't look at his eyes. Don't look.
"I'll think about it." I said.
All their smile lit the whole room up, and then thought, what did I get myself into?

"Hey beautiful" Cameron said ,smiling.
"Oh stop." I blushed.
"Ready to go?"
"Yeah."
He held my hands and all the butterflies in the world were swinging in my stomach. I liked this feeling.
"Do you even know how to swallow a pill?" He asked as soon as we got in the car.
"Uh," I said. "Sure."
"Sure?" He asked. "Doesn't seem like an answer."
"I'm going to learn," I said. "It's not rocket science."
"Hey," He defended. "I was just hoping you wont choke."
"I'm sure i'll be fine."

Waiting in a line for 30 minutes is not what I anticipated as getting my pills. Nonetheless, we finished by 3:30.
"Let's go get some ice cream!" I suggested.
"I actually have to go to the grocery store, we can buy it from there." He said. "Yeah?"
"Yeah, are you buying Nathan flaming hot cheetos.. Again?" I asked.
"The guy loves his cheetos." Cameron replied, focusing on his parking.
"Alright, why don't you go get the snacks and i'll get the drinks, sounds good?" I asked.
"Yeah."
I walked to the drinks section and looked for my favorite drinks. "Shit!" I cussed, I was stepping on a sticky floor that I clumsily created. "Alice." I heard, and it was't Cameron.
"Oh.." I faked my excitement to get rid of the awkwardness that was filling the air. "Hi, Jake."
"What is-?" He was pointing to the mess i've made.
"I was trying to get a mountain dew, but instead my hands decided it wants some energy drinks." I said trying to clean my sticky hands.
"Let me help you." He said, laughing at my stupidity.
"No," I said. "It's fine, Uh, I'll call for help."
I ran looking for any signs of Cameron. "Hey- Why are you sticky?" he asked me.
"I uh, spilt some energy drinks on the floor." I said. "I know, i'm such a-"
"It's okay, I'll just go pay for it." He said. "Don't worry about it."
He ran to the cashier, "Excuse me, sir. My girlfriend spilt some energy drinks on the floor and we wanted to pay for it."
"Don't worry," The cashier said. "Someone already paid for that."
"Really?" Cameron said. "Who is that someone?"
"Wait he-" He said getting a piece of paper out of his pocket. "It says here his name is Jake."
"That..." cameron said.
I was shocked. I feel embarrassed.
"You know I could've payed for that." Cameron said. "That bastard only wants to piss me off."
"Just ignore him." I said, wrapping my arms around his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, this is a long one xD