Life's Complications

Chapter 16

I couldn't quite figure out their blank expressions. I couldn't quite figure out if I was incredibly good or extremely and utterly bad. I stared for a few seconds before bursting out. "Oh come on guys, say something.
Zach spanned and rubbed his temples. "Wow," He said. "Wow."
"Why is it such a surprise?" I asked.
"No offense but I thought you would suck," Zach said. Cameron punched his arms. "I mean, really?"
"Thanks Zach, thanks for the encouragement. Really, I'm touched." I sarcastically said.
"Don't mind him, babe." Cameron said. "You did great, welcome to the band.. right?" He looked at the guys. They all nodded.
"Now we just need to convince my parents." I said. "If you'll excuse me, I have to go through recipes in the internet." I said, grabbing my bag. I pecked Cameron lips and walked home.

"Good morning, Mother." I kissed her on the cheeks. "Father." I kissed him on the cheeks.
"Hello darling," Dad said, chuckling. "Why are you talking like that?"
"Because I have a great life," I'm starting into it. "You know what I mean? I have great parents, a great boyfriend." They stared at me, blankly. Raising their eyebrows. "I'm serious! If there's a best parents contest you guys would win, first place, just like that." I snapped my fingers showing them how quick.
"Thanks, honey." My mother said. "That's really sweet."
"Yeah," I smiled a smile that I couldn't rip off. "Oh, speaking of contests. Funny how I just mentioned that.. You see, Cameron's band, Allstar Weekend.. You know, Zach, Michael, Nathan. They are entering this contest."
"Oh good for them."
"How do I put this.." I started to tangle my fingers. "Uh, There are rules, and one of these rules was to have a female.. You know, in the band."
My dad looked up from his book. "And they asked me to join."
"That's great!" My mother said.
"I'm so proud of you honey," My dad said. "Finally people can hear your sweet sweet sound."
"I'm so glad you think so," I said. "Cause I didn't think you'd let me go to Vancouver with-"
"Whoa," My mother stopped me. "I just thought you said Vancouver."
"Didn't I mention that?" I asked.
"You absolutely did not." My father said.
"You are only 16," My mother said. "Absolutely not."
"Everyone travels by themselves when they are 16, Mom what's the big deal?" I asked.
"A young teenager traveling with a boy band?" Dad said. "There is so many wrong things in that sentence."
"Well, I'm their only chance. Mom, Dad! Please! I've never done something like this! Please let me do it!" I said.
"No."
"Mom! You know you always told me not to be shy and go out there? Why are you ruining that for me now?" I said.
"No," My mother said. "That's final! Did you take your pills?"
"Don't you trust me?"
Mom sighed "Of course I do."
I cut my mom. "Then let me go."
"I'm sorry hunny ... it's just-"
I left before she could continue, I'm just so tired of her excuses.
"Where are you going?" My dad asked.
"Cameron's." I answered. "Someone I want to be around."