Life's Complications

Chapter 17

"What are you going to do?" Cameron asked.
"Maybe if I keep ignoring them, they'll let me go." I said.
"I'm sure everything's gonna be okay, your parents are good people." He said.
"I know, but sometimes they get way too overprotective and it annoys me."
"Alice, you need to stop worrying, come with me tonight." He said.
I smiled, and my stomach blossomed with excitement. "Where are we going?"
"As if right now, we are going to school."

"Uh, I have something to say." I said, all their eyes were on me. "My parents won't let me come with you."
"Why not?" Zach asked. "Did you bake? I told you to bake."
"What are you talking about? I baked all day yesterday." I answered. I sighed and rubbed my temples. "Hey, where's Michael?"
"I don't know," Nathan said. "He's hasn't been around for a while."
"He probably went out for lunch, he told me he forgot his papers at home." Cameron said. I nodded.
"Well, I have to go." I said. "The prom comity will murder me if I'm a minute late."
"The bell didn't ring yet."
"I know, as I said, I don't want to be late."

I walked to the gym and found them already starting to build the stage. Bella spotted me and ran towards me. "You didn't forget the glue did you?" She asked, basically panicking. I laughed down at her small figure and beautiful green eyes. "No, of course not." I said. "They're in my locker, let me go get them."
She sighed and smiled. I ran through the empty halls, and to my locker. I heard giggles and laughter filling the hall and I found my curiosity walking towards the sound. I spotted Fiona with a guy and rolled my eyes. I thought it would be something interesting. I grabbed the sack of glue and ran back to the gym.
"Here you go." I handed Bella the glue. She thanked me. I rested my hands on my hips trying to regain my breathing. "So, Fiona is dating that guys, what was his name?"
"Bryan?" She asked.
"Yes, Bryan." I said.
"Yeah she is," She said. "Way too stupid."
"I know right." I said, trying to laugh but as the thought of Bryan being blonde and they guy she was just with wasn't. I tried to fight the urge to rat her out but I decided to let it go since I care less about what she does.

Cameron told me he'll stay with me while I stay off school hours to help with the decoration and wait for some order's Bella ordered while she hung more decorations. Bella handed me some posters to hang around the school and we needed to do it as fast as we could.
"Cameron." I said "We need to hang these posters."
"Sure." He said. "Around the whole school?"
"Yes, lazy ass." I said.
He pecked my lips before getting a bunch of posters from the table. "Alright, we need to split up. I'll do this floor and you do upstairs. Meet me here in ten minutes."
"Race?" He asked.
"Why, of course."
"Last one gets here has to do whatever the winner wishes." Cameron said, pulling me closer to him.
"Deal." I whispered before planting a kiss to his.

I ran through through the halls and started to look for places to post these posters and I started to post them in empty places and non-empty places. I didn't care, it would be great to have Cameron do whatever I wanted him to do. I was posting my last poster before running back and I spotted Cameron sitting on the ground.
"Damn it." I said.
He faked his laugh before getting up. "Well, shall we decide what my first request is?"
"Not now, darling." I said. "We still have the third floor and the fourth one."
"I still won though." He said.
"I know." I rolled my eyes. He smiled and kissed me but I parted our lips.
"I take third."
I ran through the halls doing the same thing but a little bit faster. I was passing the cafeteria. I heard Fiona's giggles again before rolling my eyes. I decided to go in there and hang the posters and try not to barf. I peeked my head first, just to see who is stupid enough to be with her other than Bryan. My eyes were as big as the moon, and my heart started to pound I think they could hear it. I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe Michael was so stupid.

I was walking, but I didn't know where I was headed. I stopped for a minute and sat down. I covered my face with my hands and I grunted. I was mad, I was furious. She's obviously using Michael. She can't do that to one of my friends, I won't allow it.
"Well, look who lost again." Cameron said.
I giggled but not really. I was staring at the ground. "Babe, are you okay?"
"Yeah." I replied. "Lets go back."

"Hey where were you yesterday, man?" Zach asked Michael when he sat down with us.
"I was busy man. I had to go back to my house to get some papers." He said.
I let out a chuckle. I can't believe I bought that. Michael was glaring at me. Everyone was staring at me. "Excuse me, I have to go," I looked at Michael. "I forgot my paper."
I got up and started to walk towards the garden, up in the roof, where there is no such thing as Michael.
"We need to talk." I heard Michael say.
"Geez Michael. Do we really?" I said, sarcastically.
"I saw you," He said. "I saw you yesterday."
I looked at the ground. "I can't believe you'd do that to Lisa and I."
"Alice, please." He said. "You know it wasn't my intention to hurt you. It was one of the reasons why I haven't told you."
"What's the other reason?" I asked.
"I'll get beaten up by Bryan." He said. "Like, really bad."
"You don't deserve to be kept secret." I said. "You can do so much better than her."
"I know." He said.
"Why are you with her then?"
"I love her."
I chuckled. "You love her?"
"And she loves me."
This time, I laughed. "She loves you? She isn't even capable of love."
"Alice, I'm not here to tell you to stop dating her. I'm here to tell you not to tell anyone, please." He said.
I sighed. "Just know, when your heart gets broken by that bitch, I'll be there to break her neck."
"You don't need to do that, but thanks." He smiled.

"What do you want to do next?" Cameron asked, when we finished decorating the entrance.
"I don't know," I said. "Maybe we could watch a move at my place."
"Yeah, That'd be-"
"Hey, Alice." Jake said. I can feel Cameron tense. He was burning with fire, I can see it from his face.
"Hey Cameron, meet me in my car?" I said.
Cameron walked towards me and pecked my lips before glaring at Jake who was facing the other way. Cameron slightly pushed Jake and I sighed.
"Sorry," I apologized. "So, what is it?"
"Can you take a look at my Camera real quick?'' He said.
"Why?" I smiled but did what I was told. I took a look and my eyes widened. "Where did you get this?"
"Why do you look so scared of a camera, Alice?" He said with a hint of amusement at my expression.
"Delete this, now." I said.
"Yeah," He closed his camera. "Can't do that."
"Why not?" I asked.
"Because this is what you get for rejecting me." He said. "Tell Michael that his sneaking is very impressive, I might say."
I stared at the floor unable to comprehend what was going on. "Sorry Alice." He said. "I don't get rejected."