Life's Complications

Chapter 20

Alice's POV
"Is he gonna be pissed for long?" I asked.
"Yeah, Michael is unpredictable, You don't know what'd he do for a girl."
"But she's messing with him." I said.

I had to spend my saturday morning at school helping out with prom, which will be held at the gym. Cameron, of course had band practice, but he came and picked me up so I could practice along with them. As soon as Cameron opened the door for me and I got out of the passenger's seat, he held my arms.

"Wait." He said.
I stared into his green eyes, frowning at his sudden movement.
"Wear this." He handed me a blind fold.
"Uh," I stared at the burgundy blind fold. "Why?"
"You'll see." He smiled. I shrugged my shoulders and covered my eyes with the blind fold. Cameron lead me to a full straight line with a semi-turn to the left. It was quite for a while but I jumped back as soon as I heard something.
"Calm down," Cameron chuckled. "Okay, this may be the cheesiest thing I've ever done but I don't really know how this thing works. Open."

I untie the blind fold and let my vision examine the garage. The scent of italian food filled my nose and I inhaled it happily. The fire dancing atop a delightful candle and two roses were placed next to the plates. The wooden table covered with a red cloth with designs at the bottom. I smiled at that view and the scent of pure perfection. I looked at Cameron and he held my hands. "Alice, will you go to prom with me?"
I smiled at his childish smile and wandering eyes. His beautiful eyes sparkled as the sun crept away. I smiled at the view of that, I wanted this moment to last. "Of course, Cameron, Of course."
He hugged me and I turned it into a kiss. A wonderful kiss that lasted minutes. He gripped my neck and I ruffled his hair. He pulled away with a smirk and looked into my eyes. "The food's getting cold." And I didn't care, all I wanted was Cameron. I smiled as he pulled the chair for me and I gracefully sat on it.

"Thank you Cameron, you didn't have to go through all of this. You could've asked me in school and I'd still say yes." I said. "Thank you."
"Alice, I wanted to do this. You are the best and deserve so much more." He said.
I smiled and grabbed my fork. "Why are we in Zach's garage, though?"
"Cause we still have to practice." He chuckled. I nodded with a smile.
"My mom still haven't talked to me about leaving." I said.
"You shouldn't talk about it either, she might be thinking about it and she might actually let you go." He answered.
"I know, that's what i'm doing but honestly, I'm the most impatient person ever." I said. "I think I might explode."
Cameron chuckled. "Oh come on, you gotta push yourself just until prom is over. If she still hasn't talked about it, then you can talk to her."
I sighed and nodded.
"Come on, the guys are waiting." Cameron said, after we have successfully eaten both plates. I held Cameron's hands when were on the steps of Zach's basement and I know it's gonna be an awkward practice. Michael still haven't forgiven me.

"Finally." Nathan said.
"The love birds has finally arrived." Zach said, laying on the couch. "Come on, let's go."
I stood beside Zach and Cameron to my left. Michael was at the back and Nathan was on the left. They started with a slow song then started with songs they have recently written. I know that because Zach had all of their new songs written on a list and made me learn them. They aren't bad.

"I'm tired." I mumbled after two hours of full on practice.
"Me too." Zach's voice cracked.
"So, are we done?" Cameron asked.
"Yeah, for the day." Zach smirked.
"Finally." Michael mumbled after dropping his drumsticks next to the drums and left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wow, Michael's cranky. Thanks for reading ;)