Life's Complications

Chapter 23

Alice's POV
"What," I paused. "What is it?"
"Call Lisa," He said, as he threw his bags on the ground. "We missed our fucking flight."
"Why?" Cameron asked. "What happened?"
"We missed our flight." He said as he rubbed his temples I'm pretty sure they are turning bright red.
"What!?" We all said in unison.
"Yeah, our plane just flew." He said, "We missed it." He lifted his arms in the arm in the sign of defeat.
"Oh my god," I said. "I woke up so early for nothing." I was glaring at Fiona and hard.
"Well, The mangers are already in vancouver, so they'll book us a flight for tomorrow morning. Fiona... be here at 7:00 sharp if you didn't come, i swear. we're leaving without you." Zach said and he walked inside.
"Don't worry honey," Michael said putting his arms around her shoulders. "It's not you're fault."
"Ahh, actually it is." Nathan said. "It's basically all her fault."
"Don't mind them." He said, staring into her eyes as if we aren't even there.
"Excuse me Michael, If you're too cool to care about this contest, at least care for your friends." I said.
He chuckled. "You're the last person to talk about caring and friends, You're just a big lair. No where near a friend." Michael said.

Cameron's POV
Alice was looking at the ground, she wasn't defending herself. Why wasn't she defending herself? I pulled her into a hug because I hate seeing her like this. She rested her head on my chest and I rested my head on her head. Her heart was beating fast I almost went in and punched the crap out of Michael.
"I wanna go home." She mumbled.
I pulled away and looked at her eyes, her gorgeous eyes. "Alright," I nodded. "I'll come with you."
She shook her head no for a few seconds looking at the ground. "It's okay, I'll be fine." She gave me a weak smile before walking away. My chest tightens and I know anger started to take over me but I kept it in, for her sake. I walked inside the house when I wanted to be no where near Michael, but I had to get my bag.
"Where's Alice?" Zach asked.
I glared at Michael making him shift in his seat for a few seconds. "Home."
"Why didn't she stay? We were about to watch a movie."
"Why would she want to stay in here? I don't even want to be around him." I pointed at Michael.
"Excuse me for telling the truth?" Michael got up.
"Would you stop being such a fucking baby and let it go?! She told me, that's the fucking thing. She told ME not Bryan not anyone else. Me. Unless you removed me from your friend list too. You are such an asshole." I blew up.
"Cameron." Nathan tried to stop me.
"No, ever since you and her," I pointed toward Fiona which looked at the ground. "Started dating. You've become such an asshole."
I left the room before things get physical. And it would've been because I can't seem to control my anger. I started to walk out to a new coffee place just a few blocks away. The air really did calm me down and the hotness of the coffee I ordered did the trick to make me forget.

"Cameron?" I heard someone call from behind.

I turn around to a middle-aged woman that works there.
"Yeah?" I said.
Her eyes widens and she stormed off the coffee shop. The manager was yelling at her but she just kept running till she was out of my view. She seemed terrified of me, actually terrified of me. The manager looked in my way then walked back in the back room. The way the manager looked at me was the same way the woman looked at me. I'd go inside but I can't be bothered. I walked home zombie like and called Alice.
"Hey, Cam."
"Hey, how are you doing?"
"Good, just woke up from a nap."
I kicked some rocks that were on my way. "Yeah, you woke up pretty early. Do you want me to come over?"
"Cameron," She chuckled. "I'm fine, you go take a nap. Eight thirty is pretty early for you."
"You are right." I found myself chuckling. "So I'll see you in the morning?"
"Yeah," She said. "Bye."
"Bye."

I did what she told me to do. I took a nap which took too long, three hours to be precise. I walked down the stairs. My mom was cooking something in the kitchen which appealed to me.
"Hey mother." I said as I took a bite of the strawberries she had put in a bowl.
"Hello, my handsome son." She said.
"The weirdest thing happened to me today." I said, chewing the strawberry. I saw mom give me the look which said don't talk while you are chewing your food. I rolled my eyes and finished chewing. "This woman at the coffee shop called my name, so I turn to answer her right? She had this terrified face," I demonstrated it for her. "And she ran off the door like she just saw a ghost or something. Now I don't know about you, but I think she was terrified of my handsomeness." I said leaning back and raising my eyebrows. My mom rolled her eyes at me but then she stopped chopping the vegetables.
"Wait, what coffee shop?" She asked.
"Starbucks, what else?"

My mom slowly placed the knife down and walked out of the kitchen. I heard her call my dad and walk to the other room closing the door behind her. I followed them
"Gregg, I don't want him to know now! He's still a teenager. When he's old enough. I'll tell him, But as if for now. I want him to stay with us." My mom cried.
"Don't worry." My dad comforted my crying mother. Why would I go anywhere?

Alice's POV
I was sitting in my room watching a shitty movie on TV when my phone rang. I lazily picked it up.
"Hello?"
"Alison Jones?"
"Yes?"
"You're in Allstar Weekend?" The man asked.
"Kind of. Who's this?"
"This is Mr.Morgan." He said. "I own a record deal and I have a bone to pick with you. Here's my number. Can you tell your manager to call me back?"
I was filled with joy and just like that the thing that happened earlier, didn't happen. "We uh," I pushed my hair back and my smile almost ripped my face. "We actually manage ourselves."
"That's fine," He said. "Call me when you are ready."
And just like that, he hung up. I told Zach what happened and told him to have the band come at my house immediately. This is just the thing to get the band together.