Life's Complications

Chapter 7

"So what? you're stalking me now?" I teased Cameron after finding him near my locker.
"Excuse me?" He said leaning to the locker next to mine. "I just thought i'd please you and say hey."
"Please me?" I said. "Oh please."
"So, i haven't seen fiona in a while." He said.
"I don't know, and i-" I stopped talking when i wanted her enter the school doors. "I take that back, she's right there."
I walked away before she could talk to me, it worked. I grabbed Cameron outside near the school fountain where I spotted Lisa and Zach whispering.
"Hey." I said to them, sitting next to Lisa.
"What's going on?" Cameron asked.
"Well, our break is coming up and Zach has to go to visit his grandparents." Lisa said.
Zach hugged her, "Don't worry" He comforted her. "I'll call you everyday, yeah?" he kissed her.
"GROSS!" Cameron shouted.
"Yeah, get a room." I snorted.
They ignored us, Cameron gave me a sign to leave. I couldn't bare sitting here so i agreed to join Michael and Nathan.
"Oh, look who decided to join us." micheal said "Its Calice!"
"Calice?" Cameron questioned.
"Yeah as in Cameron and Alice." Michael informed us.
"Fail." I said."So what are you guys doing in this much-needed break?" I asked.
"Well i'm going to Europe." Nathan said "My family is planning a little family vacation."
"Im actually staying here." Cameron paused. "My dad has work , how about you?"
"I guess i'm gonna stay with Lisa." I rested my head on the table. "You know, with Zach leaving and all."
"What's up with you?" Michael asked.
"I don't know," I covered my eyes cause the sunlight was too bright for my liking. "My head hurts."
"Are you okay?" Cameron asked.
"I'm okay." I said. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have algebra. Another reason to have a much worse headache."
"Want me to walk you?" Cameron asked.
"No i'm fine," I said. I said my goodbyes and left to the ladies room, the place to be when you are feeling lousy and tired. I barely walked, it was tiring and it was painful. I splashed my face with cold water to get rid of this bitterness of a feeling. I heard the bell ring a couple of minutes ago but couldn't bare to go into the wilderness that is school. Eventually, I sucked it up and walked to my algebra class.
"You're late Miss Jones." My algebra teacher said.
"I'm sorry, I didn't hear the bell." I lied.
"Well luckily this was you're first time." she said. "So take a seat."
I nodded and walked to my seat which was way back. I placed my head on my hands and rubbed my temples hoping it would get rid of the headache, It didn't.
"Are you okay?" I heard a voice next to me "You look a little green."
I look up and smiled a weak smile. "I didn't get much sleep last night." I lied .. again.
"Well, I'm Jake." He said.
"Alice." I replied.
"Nice to meet you." He said.
"You too." I replied, it was too much of a talk that i could handle at the moment, I felt light headed again and terrified of what's wrong with me.
"Miss?" I raised my hand. "Can i have a hall pass?"
She raised her eyebrows at me, "Please?" My voice weakened. She nodded and passed me a hall pass. I walked as fast as i could to the nurse's room. It all felt like a dream.