Lestrange Affair

Why?

I walked into the dark kitchen putting the plates from dinner on the side “Aunt Bellatrix is there anything I can do?” I asked and she kept her back to me “Prepare the dining room for his arrival, with the best they have” she ordered and I bowed my head leaving. I moved into the dining room putting the best goblets out on the table before they all walked in, they all took their places “Go wait at the door” Bellatrix ordered and I walked off. The door opened to reveal him and I bowed my head “Welcome to the manor my lord, is there anything I can get you?” I questioned “Take me to them” he said coldly and I walked quickly up the stairs entering the room and silence fell across it as he walked in taking his place at the head of the table.

I looked quickly for a place to sit and saw a gap next to my father and sat in it quietly, I kept my eyes trained on the table “Severus we have you as headmaster at Hogwarts now and I expect you will have plans to keep us within the walls” the voice stated. “Yes my lord, as Headmaster I can appoint positions to others and also secure the castle so that when the time comes you may enter it with minimal resistance” I heard a familiar voice answer and I looked up to see him sat almost opposite me.

I watched him carefully as he sat confidently in his seat “Minimal resistance?” “Yes my lord, I fear that even with all the preparation in the world The Order will not let Hogwarts fall without a fight. I can attempt to reduce this risk, we can appoint two new deputy headmasters and of course we could form a club within the castle” he suggested. “I like these ideas, The Carrow’s are to be your deputies” the answer came and Severus looked back my way and bowed his head slightly at me and I nodded slowly back.

I became aware of a hand picking up a goblet and saw that hand belonged to Draco Malfoy, he drank nervously setting it back down and my eyes caught his own. He smiled quickly and I returned it “Oh course we need people within the students, people who can report to us news and people who can help us spread news. Draco this is to be your job,” he said and we both looked in the direction of the voice. “M-My Lord is that necessary?” a man’s voice answered “Yes Lucius it is necessary, are you questioning my ideas?” he growled and Lucius practically shook in his seat “N-No my lord, of course my son will be honoured to do whatever you require of him” Lucius answered and I looked at Draco wide eyed.

“And as for the club within the school I think a duelling club should be brought in, students can learn how to really duel and the spells which are necessary. Hydra Lestrange I believe this job will be yours,” he said and I looked at him. His cold eyes met mine as I felt my breathing increase “Of course my lord, she will be honoured” my father replied and I just nodded.

They finished and they all got up leaving; I stayed sat at the table with my father, my aunt and uncle, Severus and The Malfoy’s. “Father must I…” “You have been given a chance to prove yourself within our ranks, you take this opportunity young lady and prove you are deserving of this family name” he snapped getting up and I nodded “And I expect to hear no more of this, one does not complain at a opportunity like this” he scolded, “Come we must talk” he said to my aunt and uncle and they left.

I saw Narcissa glare at Lucius getting up “Draco lets go sort your things out for the start of term” she stated calmly and Draco got up as his mother put her arm around him, Lucius scurried after them letting the heavy door slam. I looked up at the only remaining face in the room “Hydra my dear do not cry, come with me” he ordered getting up and I jumped up following him down the stairs and out the house.

The cold air whipped at my hair and skin making the tears on my cheek sting, when we reached the shadows of the corner he stopped “I-I don’t think I…I can’t do this” I cried and he smiled hugging me. “Of course you can do this, you are more than capable of what he is asking of you. I know this is scary but all you have to do is teach people to duel and your more than capable of it, plus I’ll be there and so will Draco” he reassured as I cried into his robes.

“B-But why me?” “Because you’re clever, you’re a talented witch and you’re young. Students will put a trust in you as your closer to their age” he explained. “How do you know I can do it?” I asked as he let me go “Because I trained you myself, don’t cry my dear we must all remain strong and head in the directions our life is taking us. I just want you to remember one thing, we must all have a conscience and we must all take responsibility for our actions and choices, for these make us who we are,” he said and I nodded slowly.

“Now go back inside, I must go and your father will be looking for you,” he ordered and I looked at him, he nodded his head slightly as we both acknowledged the fact my father would not be looking for me or even bothered of my whereabouts. “I will see you at Hogwarts, Hydra keep yourself safe” he said and I hugged him again before letting him go. “You too dad” I replied and he smiled before there was a pop and he was gone.