Lestrange Affair

Bicker

The next day I walked down to breakfast to see Draco leant against the door at The Great Hall “Hy-Professor Lestrange” he corrected himself and I nodded “I…erm…I received this from my father this morning” he stated holding out a letter and I took it from him reading it before passing it back.

“Nothing I didn’t expect” I admitted “Hydra did you read that? He told me he doesn’t approve of my choice of girlfriend! He means you” “Draco I’d like to remind you of where we are and that you should keep this news quiet. I am fully aware of how your father feels about me and sadly this little story must carry on if you are to keep on accepting my guidance and help like you asked of me” I scolded and he nodded slowly.

“I know and I am grateful” “Then take your seat and I will see you later” I stated and he walked off, I saw Amycus pacing the floor at the head of the Slytherin table and he shouted my name as I walked past. “How could you? I thought we were friends,” he growled at me and I looked at him shocked “Amycus I…” “I heard the news, it spreads fast amongst us and you know it. My family were discussing it, making plans for it but then you go and ruin it, him, why him? A student!” he barked at me.

I knew what he meant straight away, this whole marriage thing between us had gotten to his head and he was looking forward to a raised status within the ranks. “Amycus I ask you to remember who you are talking to! Your family may well have made plans but mine made no such things, I am my own person Amycus and act in the same way! How dare you talk to me in this manner, I am….” he shook his head.

“I have been a member of this far longer than you have! You are merely a child and small member, you have no place in the ranks!” he shouted and I smiled “My family have been long faithful servants to our Master and whatever you hold over me in age I make up for in talent! You are first and foremost a Carrow, this is all you can ever be where as I am a Lestrange and will take what is owed of me,” I argued back at him as Severus walked over.

“You are no more deserving than…” “Amycus I warn you to hold your tongue! Regardless of your opinion Mistress Lestrange is a high valued member of our ranks and you should treat her with the respect of that level” Severus cut in and Amycus turned to face him “Don’t you get involved you filthy…” he froze as my wand pointed directly at his chest.

“Finish that sentence and it’ll be the last thing you ever say,” I warned and he looked at me as I pushed the tip of my wand into his ribs and he shook his head “Hydra, stop it, the students” Severus whispered and I glared at Amycus who kept his eyes closed. I put my wand back in my robes “When you’re ready to face death and stand to see it happen you’ll be promoted up the ranks but until then you’ll always be a Carrow” I said quietly as I walked past him.

2 weeks later and Draco was worried about his spying he’d been carrying out on the Gryffindors, “Forget everything, clear your head. It’s a simple spell but you must master it Draco. Say it with conviction” I ordered and he said the incantation. “Now to do it non-verbally you must draw on every hate filled emotion you have” I instructed and he looked at me.

“If you don’t truly want it you won’t ever get it. I want to see them beg, to see pain in their every movement so my Cruciatus curse comes out accordingly. You do not feel such hatred and therefore it is weaker, imagine they are your worst enemy. They’ve hurt you Draco, now hurt them,” I ordered and he looked at me before a flash erupted from the end of his wand and his arm shook.

A smile spread across my face “See you do have the ability, it’s within you Draco, you must believe you can do this. Without belief in your self nobody well ever believe in you” I lectured and he sighed, “Says you, everyone believes in you” he muttered sitting down and I looked at him.

“What?” “Well everyone believes that Hydra Lestrange can do anything she tries, whenever you struggle with something someone tells you they believe in you and you do it” he complained and I laughed. “Draco you are so very naive aren’t you? Look at your mother; she adores you. You are the only boy of your age I know whose mother still does everything for him, if you wish to question one’s circle of belief surrounding them I think you need to assess your own better” I cut back and he looked at me silently.

I was about to talk again when he spun around storming out the room letting the door slam in his wake and I blinked before following him, I saw him in the corridor and raised my wand only Severus to raise his own and I lowered it slowly storming off.

Spells flew around the great hall lighting the vastness in reds and blues, I heard someone clear their throat at my side ignoring them. “Hydra” they stated and I turned to see them “Mistress Lestrange, I have nobody to duel with. I was wondering if you’d…” “Amycus I have you a new toy!” I shouted and he appeared at my side.

“Mr Malfoy has no duelling partner, I do hope you can show him how it works” I smiled at Amycus and he nodded directing his wand at Draco. “Hydra I thought…” but he was cut off as Amycus’ spell hit him sending him backwards as I walked off.

I left at the end walking down the hallways to see a group of students at the end “Students are not to hang around in the hallways, back to your common rooms now!” I ordered and saw the flash of ginger hair. Something was muttered, “Excuse me!” I growled, “I said students aren’t meant to do much anymore, least of all think for themselves,” the Weasley girl answered.

“You’d do well to learn manners and respect, the likes of you don’t deserve to be in this school!” I snapped back “Sectu…” “Hydra!” I heard a voice shout and I turned to see Severus, “I’d like to talk to you, now” he smiled and I glared at the group. “Go, now!” I barked and they disappeared quickly before I followed Severus to his office.

“Now I know that temper of yours gets the better of you sometimes but recently you’ve been the most volatile person in this place. I also notice Draco’s foul temper and somewhat distant mind in the last 2 weeks, I take it these two things are related,” he stated and I looked at him.

“He left you that day because you upset him, the others tease him for his mother and he did not expect that from you. You are his friend and he expects you to treat him nicely, you mistake what he has for something else. You think he is widely believed in by his mother, he is not! His mother loves him; she however does not believe in him, she knows his magic is not the best in the year” he lectured and I rolled my eyes.

“He is a student, that is all he is. An undedicated, somewhat talented student at that” I cut back and he carried on his lecture as if he’d practised and I sat listening but ignoring him. “And now you’ve finished I will be leaving, I have made my feelings towards Master Malfoy very clear” I snapped leaving.

“Hydra!” Draco called as I walked past the Slytherin common room and I ignored him “Master Malfoy school rules do apply to you! Not in class then in common room, merely being outside it is not enough! As for the agreement we had previously, it is no more!” I shouted as I saw Amycus rounding the corner.

“Aww Amycus, care you join me for dinner in the great hall?” I asked and he nodded bowing slightly as we headed towards the great hall.