Lestrange Affair

Death

The cold air hit me as my feet found solid ground “Severus, Hydra is it true?” he asked and we both nodded, Severus informed him of the situation as I stood still. The Dark Lord handed out instructions on what we were to do “Hydra, you are to go with your father, aunt and uncle. You have more than proven your abilities,” he informed and I bowed my head “Thank you my Lord” I replied.

He raised his wand and we all followed, I felt a strange mix of nerves and excitement flood my body and within seconds there was loud bangs and crashes and people began disapparating all around me. “Hydra!” my father shouted and I disapparated myself sending flames into the castle and surrounding areas.

As my feet touched the concrete of a hallway I heard screams around me as we spread throughout the castle, I aimed my wand sending students flying as I stormed my way through the castle.

I heard someone shout a curse and I spun around blocking it “Petrificus Totalus!” I growled and they fell backwards, I kicked them as I headed past them grabbing a Slytherin student “Knows your chance to prove yourself, fight against them and you’ll be rewarded by us” I said and she nodded running off sending spells into her peers.

“Crucio!” someone shouted and I stumbled forwards, I spun quickly my hair flying into my face before I saw the girl responsible as the one I’d used in duelling club. “I thought you’d have learnt more than that! Crucio!” I barked and she fell to the floor writhing in pain, I smiled as I sent a spell into the students ahead of me.

“He’ll never deserve to be headmaster and you don’t deserve to be here!” she snided and I looked back at her “Reducto!” I snapped and she stopped moving. I turned back heading in the direction I intended, a girl sent a hex at Amycus Carrow’s back “Expelliarmus!” I said and her wand flew out her hand and I grabbed her.

“Where’s Potter and his friends?” I growled and she shook her head “Where is he?” “I-I don’t know,” she mumbled. “Wrong answer! Greyback, how about a new toy?” I called and he appeared at my side as I let her go and she screamed as he pinned her to the wall.

I ran up the stairs sending curses all around me, the staircase began to move and I looked around me smiling as I spun my wand over my head directing it into the walls as flames burst out the end of it setting fire to whatever it could. I noticed people jump back from the flames whilst others tried to put them out, as I headed up the hallway I sent spells into walls and windows causing them to break and tumble everywhere.

I felt something hit my back and I fell forwards hitting the floor hard, my hand gripped at my wand tightly as I pushed myself to see Tonks stood over me. I smiled pushing my hair from my face as I stood up, “So the little halfbood got confident did she?” I asked and she stood still. “You don’t scare me, you’re vile Hydra. You always have been, ever since you turned up here you’ve been trouble! From the moment your feet hit Hogwarts floors you made everyone’s life a hell!” she growled before sending a spell my way and I blocked it.

We sent spells between us and I felt my anger grow and grow, “Sectumsempra!” I shouted and she blocked it sending me crashing into the wall, I wiped blood from my face before turning my attentions to her sending the arch above her crashing down onto her and she screamed as I jumped backwards and after the rocks settled I heard nothing and I looked on at what I’d done before pushing the hair from my face tasting blood in my mouth.

I turned walking quickly away from the mess I’d created, sure I’d used spells like that for as long as I could remember but I’d never used the killing curse for real and I’d never killed anyone before tonight, Severus’ words weighed heavy on my mind as I headed down the deserted corridor quietly.

I heard a noise ahead like stones and walls moving and I crept forward holding my wand steady, I peered around the corner to see a flash of ginger hair and I smiled stepping forward “Well well, what do we have here? Mr Weasley and I’d imagine his…Draco!” I shouted the name as I saw his bright blonde hair with blood in it over someone’s shoulder.

I ran forward oblivious to anyone else there as they lowered him to the floor “Draco!” I repeated grabbing hold of him but he didn’t move, I felt panic spread through me as I shook my head “No Draco, it’s me Hydra. Come on Draco wake up” I begged but he didn’t respond.

I pushed his hair from his face “Draco! I’m sorry, I never meant for this to happen. This is my fault; I should’ve protected you like I promised! Draco” I said defeated as he never moved and I turned to face the people with him only to see his 2 best friends backing away from us and Potter, Weasley and Granger all looking at us and I pointed my wand at them.