Status: Finished

Transparent

02

Weeks pass and no sign of Briar, not even in my dreams. I can't believe he got hurt over what I said.
Then I am sleeping and I feel the weight of the bed shift, I look up and there he is.

"So you finally came back?" I say

"Sorry I took off like that."

"Why did you go?"

"Because there is no point in liking you."

"What does that mean?"

"I'm dead, you're alive, there are many men that could have you."

"I don't want anybody. I didn't realize how much I liked you're presence until you were gone."

"Go back to bed." He says with a small smile on his face, I close my eyes and feel a cold sensation on my forehead, and a small smile spreads across my face.

In my dreams Briar is there, my first reaction is to feel fear, until I remember he is being nice, but then I worry was it all an act?
His black hair is a mess and he steps closer to me, he arms behind his back, and a small smile on his face.

"Hi."

"Hello." He says, he takes his arms out and there is an polaroid camera in his hands.

"You have a picture of me and I have a picture of you, I thought I would take one of us together."

"It's only a dream it won't last." I say

He huffs "Only if you think that way."

"Well it's true."

"You know you have such dark dreams, even the flowers are dead."

"I can't exactly control my dreams." I say

"So do you want to take a picture?" He ask changing the subject

"Okay."

He takes one and we wait a few seconds before it develops.

"You have to hold this for your whole dream,"

"Why?"

"Because I want you to have it."

"Why do you like pictures so much?"

"Because no matter how sad, you are you can always go back to a happy place in time." He says

I smile, things start to swirl again and buzzing fills my ears. I wake up and turn off the alarm clock.
Sitting on the pillow is a picture of Briar and me, but how? It was only a dream. I feel so confused. I take the picture and hang it on my dresser, but now that I look at it, I notice it is transparent too.
As days go by the picture becomes more and more transparent, I guess things from dreams can't last forever.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you enjoy