‹ Prequel: Fuel to the Fire

Butterfly Kisses

I won't go

I leaned on one hip with Zara on it and my arms around her. I was standing outside in the cool air and watched the boys squeeze in Dan's suitcases into the car. Amy stood by my side and watched too. She was leaving with them today and I was the only one being left behind. But not for long.

I felt the tears coming when all the boys came over to Amy and I. They each hugged me and kissed Zara and mine's cheeks.

"I'll see you soon, Ali. You too, Zara." I smiled at Max while he touched Zara's cheek.

"See you soon, Max." I kissed his cheek quick and found Dan in front of Zara and I while Amy and the guys stood by the car.

I tried to swallow the lump in my throat but it wouldn't go away. I let him take Zara into his arms and hug her then kiss her cheek. "See you in a few weeks, Zara. Daddy loves you." He kissed her cheek one more time before he handed her back to me. I positioned her back on my hip and felt Dan's eyes on me. I looked up at him and my eyes watered over. His hand was on my waist and he leaned down to kiss my forehead. I felt a tear come out and he wiped it away quickly.

"No tears, love. I'll be seeing you soon." He left his hand on my cheek and I pulled his neck toward me. I felt another tear come out when he pulled away from my lips. I heard Zara whine and I didn't want this part to come.

"I'll see you girls soon, okay?" I nodded and Zara reached out for him. He hugged me and when he pulled away I saw Zara's hand attached to his shirt. She started to whine louder when I took her hand and gently pulled his shirt away from her. She started screaming and I pulled her close. I felt more tears and she reached her hand out again.

"I love you, Ali." I nodded at Dan. "I love you too, Zara." Zara just screamed and she was trying to get away from me and go to her dad. Dan started to walk backwards toward the car and I pulled Zara close to me again. I walked her into the house and waved at the car then shut the door.

I wiped at my eyes before I sat on the couch with Zara and tried to calm her down.

ยป

I gave her a bottle after a while and she was now sleeping in my arms hours later. Dan texted me before he got on the plane a few hours ago. I had my head against the arm of the couch and my body was stretched out along it. Zara was sleeping on my chest and I felt my phone vibrate. I took it out and saw another notification from Instagram. I read all the comments on the picture of Dan and Zara from yesterday.

She's so cute!

Can I please have her?

That should be Dan and I's baby

I rolled my eyes at that one and scrolled through the rest of them. I learned not to let the comments get to me and that one wasn't even half bad. I locked my phone and laid it on the side of the couch.
♠ ♠ ♠
better day today.

comments!