‹ Prequel: Fuel to the Fire

Butterfly Kisses

I'm already yours... I'm already yours

I opened my eyes at the sunlight and squinted. I rolled onto my stomach and watched Dan sleep beside me.

We got back home about a month ago and it felt like the wedding was tomorrow. It was actually in two months. I was so excited and I just couldn't wait for it. We decided that Zara would be our flower girl and it was so perfect. I had a dress fitting today and I had a little bit of wedding stuff to do. Amy was even more excited to be the maid of honor and she was obsessing over it.

Dan stirred beside me and he turned his head toward me and opened his eyes. I smiled at him and he moved forward a little to kiss my forehead.

"Morning, love."

"Morning," I smiled again.

"Dress fitting today?"

I nodded at him and he reached forward again but took my lips this time. I pulled away from him and crawled out of bed, rubbing my eyes in the process of going to the bathroom. I changed quickly and when I walked out, I could feel Dan's eyes on me from his spot on the bed. I turned my head a little while I was buttoning my pants and saw him looking at my bum. I smiled to myself and slipped a shirt on.

I waited downstairs for Amy to come and get me since she was coming with me. She was trying her dress on too and it was a light green. I loved it.

I heard the horn and I kissed Dan quick before I stood from the couch and grabbed my jacket with my phone.

"See you later," I called when I went out the door.

I walked down the path to her car and hopped in.

»

"I'm so excited," Amy squealed.

"You've been excited for the past month now." I laughed.

"You and Dan are getting married Al! I can't help it." She smiled. "You never really did tell me how he did it."

I smiled and told her what we did on my birthday. I watched the buildings pass by as we came closer to the town centre. She squealed again when I finished and we got out of the car parked behind the dress shop.

When we stepped inside, we were greeted by the employee and she helped us with our dresses. I made Amy try hers on first and she came out of the cubicle. The dress was simple, a light forest green that flowed down nicely and fit her well. She went back in the cubicle and changed and I went into mine and unzipped my dress. I changed out of my clothes and slipped it on.

"Hurry up!"

I laughed at Amy and stepped out in front of the mirrors.

"I love it! It's so beautiful, Ali."

I smiled and touched the bottom of it. It was a strapless dress and the bottom flowed out but it wasn't one of those huge bottoms. I didn't particularly like those. I put the dress back on the hanger when I changed and handed it back to the employee.

»

Amy and I went out for lunch and she dropped me off back at home.

"See you soon!" I shut the door after me and walked up the lawn and opened the door. I took my shoes and jacket off, leaving them by the door. I collapsed on the couch and I heard a chuckle. I didn't bother to look up to see who it was.

"Tired, love?" I felt the couch shift and then a hand on my back.

"Yes," I mumbled. I felt him move around again and he moved my head into his lap. He played with my hair until I soon fell asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
this is kinda boring. maybe really boring.

oops