‹ Prequel: Fuel to the Fire

Butterfly Kisses

I don't think I can go on

Being pregnant, is fun but not fun. It's fun because you get to stay home and eat all you want and be lazy, but I had nothing to do. I went on the computer and wrote some people and did other things. I sometimes went out and went for a walk with Dan and we would just sit in the park. We already had the crib all set up in our room and everything was ready.

Dan always got worried when I would stop moving and held onto my stomach because this baby could really kick. Hard. I kept getting more contractions and kicks and all. I was getting worried because I kept thinking that maybe the baby was uncomfortable or maybe they didn't have enough room in there. But the doctor said it was normal and that maybe I would go into labor early. I seriously just wanted to pop the baby out so I wouldn't be feeling this pain again.

It was three days before my due date and I was perfectly fine today. I fell asleep early before Dan came home from band practice and I was exhausted.

ยป

My eyes snapped open and I winced at the pain. I could feel the sweat forming on my forehead and I sat up, careful of my protruding stomach. I took a sip of my water and looked over at Dan's sleeping form on the other side of the bed.

I breathed out heavy from the contraction and I placed a hand on Dan's back. I breathed out again when the contraction went away and laid back down. I closed my eyes and breathed in and out to relax myself.

Just as I felt sleep pulling me in, I got another contraction. I sat up in bed and shook his sleeping body.

"Wake up."

Dan started to move a little and I kept shaking him awake. "Dan, wake up."

He groaned and moved around until he shot up and looked around until he saw my black figure in the dark.

"Love, what's wrong?"

"I think it's time. I'm having more contractions."

He got out of bed quickly and switched the lights on before he grabbed a small bag and shoved in clothes for us. I got out of bed and handed him clothes for the baby. I got a warm sweatshirt and placed Dan's beanie on my head before I grabbed my phone and sent a quick text to Amy and all the guys.

Meet us at the hospital

I got Dan's jacket for him and we walked downstairs and I got his keys and met him outside. It was still dark so it was probably about one in the morning. I took in a sharp breath when Dan started driving and he took my hand. I squeezed it tight when I felt it.

My eyes went wide, "Dan, my water broke."

Dan practically broke the law when we arrived at the hospital five minutes later. He rushed out of the car and walked me to the emergency area. A nurse came with a wheelchair and I slowly sat in it and watched her lead me down the corridors and into the elevator. Dan stayed by my side and held my hand all the way up to my room and the nurses helped me into the hospital gown and laid me down in the bed, adjusting it so I was comfortable.

I cried out a few times from the pain and squeezed Dan's hand. He now wore the beanie that was once on my head and he held my phone for me.

"Amy and the guys are here." He spoke to me while the nurses moved things around in my room and went to get the doctor.

"You can go see them if you want." I winced and placed my hand on my stomach. I bit on my lip and he pushed my hair back off my sweaty forehead. I breathed in and out and he shook his head.

"I can't leave while you're like this." I looked up at him.

"I promise they won't come while you're gone, Daniel. Just hurry back." I squeezed his hand.

He nodded and leaned down to kiss me. "Don't go anywhere." He kissed my stomach and squeezed my hand once more before he walked out.

I clutched the sheets and cried out a few times. The nurse came over to me. "The doctor is here." I nodded and my eyes found the middle aged man in a long white coat.

"Hello, Allison."

"Hi."

He got on his gloves and looked at me and I put my legs back down when he finished. "Yup. We need to start."

I shook my head fast. "I can't. They're father isn't back yet. He went into the waiting room to see our friends."

"We'll wait a few more minutes for him but then we have to get to work." He fixed his black rimmed glasses.

I nodded at him and cried out, feeling the tears fall out of my eyes. Dan walked through the door and I reached out for him.

"Okay, we need to start." The doctor spoke.

I squeezed Dan's hand and felt his warm hand hold onto my leg while I pushed. I cried out at the pain and breathed in and out at the rests I took.

"Come on, you can do it love." Dan squeezed my hand back and I breathed out before I pushed.

"Here they come." I smiled and pushed again.

"It's a girl!" I looked up at Dan and saw tears run down his cheeks as he looked at the doctor. He cut the cord and the baby got handed to me from the doctor and I sobbed at the sight. My beautiful baby girl was laying right in front of me. She cried out and I felt Dan press his lips to my forehead as I cried. I wrapped her up in my arms after she got wrapped in the blanket.

"You did it, love." Dan smiled. I placed my hand in his cheek and pulled him down to my lips. He smiled against me and looked down at our baby girl when he pulled away.

"Zara." I whispered. Dan looked back at me and smiled. "Zara Ava."

He moved to kiss me again and I knew he was happy with her name. It was the name he chose when we talked about it. I secretly loved it but I didn't tell him that. I wiped under his eyes when he pulled away and smiled softly at him.

"Can I take the baby for measurement and the picture?" The nurse asked. I nodded my head and helped her carefully take my baby in her arms. I pulled Dan in for a hug and we stayed like that until the nurse called Dan over to take Zara. I watched him carefully get her into his arms and I smiled. He looked down at her and kissed her forehead softly. He walked over to me slowly and sat down in the chair beside me. I took my phone from him and took a quick picture. I smiled while I went through the pictures that one of the nurses took.

"You guys can have visitors now." The nurse poked her head into the room and gave us a warm smile.

"Oh, yeah. I should go get them." Dan moved out of his chair and leaned down to me, laying Zara softly in my arms. He kissed me quick before he left the room. I smiled down at Zara, who looked so peaceful. I felt even better that she hadn't cried while being in my arms or Dan's. I moved my finger over her soft cheek and kissed her little head softly.

"You're so beautiful." I whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
damnn. 39 readers, 1 rec and 12 subscribers from just one chapter? i love you guys.

comment!