‹ Prequel: Fuel to the Fire

Butterfly Kisses

I'll always be yours

I held Dan's hand in mine while we walked around to greet the guests at the reception. We said hello to everyone and had little conversations. We came to the guys and Amy with Zara. Dan took Zara into his arms and kissed her forehead. I smiled at Max and walked the short distance to hug him tight.

"Congratulations, Al." He whispered to me.

I pulled away and kissed his cheek, "Dance with me later."

He nodded and I hugged the rest of the guys before Dan and I sat at our table by ourselves with Zara as the toast started. Our mums and my dad took turns saying small things about us and I couldn't stop smiling. The boys came up as well with Amy and I laughed at their words.

"Now we would like the bride and groom to come out for their dance," Amy smiled over at us. My mum came over to take Zara and Dan took my hand to lead me to the dance floor.

I bit my lip as I placed my hand on his shoulder and my other one in his. I felt him put his hand on my waist and pull me closer.

"You're so beautiful, love." I blushed up at him and felt the huge smile hurting my cheeks.

"Thank you." He smiled down at me and I saw his head inching closer. I closed the distance between us and brought my lips to his. I knew that everyone in the room was watching us, but I barely even noticed it. I would normally be afraid of kissing him in public but right in this moment, I could care less about them watching us.

I smiled against him and the song ended after we danced for a little. Everyone clapped and more people came out for the next song. I danced with everyone for about five songs until the father daughter one came on and my dad took my hand. We danced and talked and I laughed when I saw Dan come out with Zara in his arms. He smiled over at me and more fathers and daughters came out to dance for a little.

ยป

I walked over to their table and stood behind Max. I tapped his shoulder and he turned around, smiling up at me.

"You owe me a dance," I smiled.

He got up out of his chair and I took his hand to the floor. It was a slow song but that would give us a little time to talk.

"You look really beautiful," he wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck.

"Thank you." I could feel his eyes on me but I just looked at his tie.

"You should've told me, Max." I whispered while I played with his jacket.

"It wouldn't have changed anything, Al. You and Dan were meant for each other."

I shook my head slightly, "You're not happy though."

"I am," he nodded. "Because you're happy. That's all I ever wanted. Was for you to be happy, either with me or with someone else. And you're with someone else and I'm happy."

I smiled up at him, "You deserve someone, Max. Someone that will treat you way better than me and I hope you find them." I leaned up and kissed his cheek when the song ended. I saw Amy come running up to us and she grabbed our hands.

"Picture time!" She yelled. She led us outside and our close relatives and friends were surrounding us. We took pictures with family first and then our friends. The boys and Amy were last and we all got next to each other. I stood beside Dan and turned my head toward him when he said my name. I felt him wrap his arm around my waist and pull my back against his chest. I felt his lips press to my forehead and I completely forgot about the camera. We took a few more until we all walked over to the photographer and looked at the pictures. I smiled down at the first one and looked at everyone. Josh and Amy were smiling at each other with his arm around her shoulder, beside them was Matt and Chris, both with cheeky smiles. Next to them was Max and my heart dropped at the sight. He had a smile on his face but I knew it wasn't real and my heart fell even more if that was possible. I moved on next to him to Dan and I, I was smiling to myself while Dan kissed my forehead.

In the moment, I realized that not everything was perfect. But this day was. It was everything that I'd hoped would happen. And I was content.

I turned around to Dan and wrapped my arms around his neck to pull him closer. He smiled down at me and I reached the small distance between our faces and brought my lips to his.

We had so much ahead of us and I was excited at what was to come. It was only the beginning.
♠ ♠ ♠
THE END

god i love this story. don't you?

comment? what'd you think? was it good or amazing? how was their wedding? omg and max?! poor baby): comment!