‹ Prequel: Fuel to the Fire

Butterfly Kisses

Without letting you know, you know...

I was finally being let out of the hospital after 7 hours. I sat in the back of the car with Zara while Dan drove us home. I took a picture of Zara sleeping and tweeted it.

My little sleepy head

I smiled and watched Dan pull into the driveway. He got the carrier out and I grabbed the duffel bag and walked into our home.

"Welcome home Zara." Dan said. I smiled to myself and set down the bag as he set the carrier onto the couch and took her out.

"Should I feed her now?" He asked.

I nodded, "I'll go make the bottle." I walked into the kitchen and made a warm bottle and shook it while I walked back out then handed it to Dan. He sat down on the couch and fed her while I carried the carrier upstairs, along with the bag. I brushed my teeth and hair, putting it up into a bun. I walked back out and saw Dan putting Zara in the crib. I tip-toed over to him and he smiled at me before we walked back downstairs.

"How are you feeling?"

I shrugged, "Better. Without all the pain."

"Good." He nodded and wrapped his arms around me, bringing his lips to mine.

I smiled against him and pulled away. He pouted.

"Daniel, our baby girl is upstairs trying to get proper sleep. We should be doing the same thing." I giggled.

He pouted his bottom lip out and I smiled up at him.

"I love you but not right now." He nodded and hugged me tight against him.

"I can't believe we're parents now." He sighed

"I know. Big responsibility."

"She's really beautiful, too. Just like her mum." I kissed his cheek and smiled.

"You were crying." I poked him.

"It was a happy moment! I couldn't not cry."

I laughed and pulled his face down to mine.

"I love you."

"I love you too." I smiled against him.

"Let's make something to eat and then off to bed?" I nodded up at him and followed him into the kitchen.
♠ ♠ ♠
eh