‹ Prequel: Fuel to the Fire

Butterfly Kisses

I will be here for you

I walked back upstairs, careful not to fall because of my sleepy eyes. I shook the bottle once more and carefully took Zara out of the crib.

She was four weeks old now and it was kinda ruff but at least Dan was actually helping out. A lot of guys probably wouldn't and shit but Dan did. He was the one that mostly got out of bed, in the early morning hours, and fed Zara while I slept.

Unfortunately, Dan didn't come home tonight and I was worried but he texted me saying that he was spending the night at Chris'. At first I felt like he didn't want to come and take care of Zara, but let's face it, Dan's not like that. He would do anything for her or me. He was probably just tired of waking up early, so he needed some proper sleep.

I gently laid Zara back in the crib and brought the bottle back downstairs into the kitchen. I heard a door close and I walked into the living room. I watched Dan take his shoes off quietly and hang his jacket up. He saw me once he turned and smiled.

"Did you get enough sleep?" I asked.

He nodded and walked over to me. He kissed me quick and wrapped his arms around my shoulders.

"Don't freak out but, are you cheating on me?"

He eyes went wide, "What? Love, no. Why would you think that?" He placed his hand on my cheek and rubbed it.

I shrugged, "I just freaked out at first."

"Allison, you're the mother of my child. I love you. So much. I'm not going to leave you by yourself with her. I will be here for you until you want me to go away. And I'd do anything just to be with you and Zara. You're my family now."

I sighed and leaned my forehead on his chest, "I'm sorry. I just jumped to conclusions and I had to ask."

I felt him kiss my head, "It's alright. I'd probably think the same thing but I know you wouldn't do that."

I smiled and pulled away to lean up to him and placed my lips on his. He smiled against me and I felt his hands in my hair. I pulled away but pecked him again before I heard Zara cry.

"I'll go get her." Dan smiled.

Dan's P.O.V

"Hi baby girl. Daddy's home." I picked Zara up out of her crib and placed her in my arms. She immediately stopped crying at my touch. She was absolutely beautiful. She had brown eyes and you couldn't see any hair yet but it was turning brown a little. I smiled down at her and kissed her forehead lightly before I walked down that stairs and saw Ali already sleeping on the couch.

She did so much already and she was a good mum. I felt bad for not coming home but I needed some sleep and Chris' was really quiet. I was surprised that Ali would think that I was cheating on her but no one is more beautiful than she is. She's my world and when she told me she was pregnant, I was more than happy. We had a family now and that was the best thing I could ever ask for.

I walked around while I fed Zara her bottle and she finished. I brought her back upstairs and laid her in her crib then went back downstairs. I picked Ali up and carried her upstairs to our bed, softly putting her down. I crawled in after her and wrapped her up in my arms and fell asleep to her steady breathing.
♠ ♠ ♠
a thank you to: OppositesAttract, saveredheads, and alextmarshall. it means a lot to me that you guys actually like it.

comment your thoughts!