‹ Prequel: Fuel to the Fire

Butterfly Kisses

I will do anything that I can do

I put on Zara's gray hat and smiled at her.

"Look how cute she is!" I smiled up at Dan and he chuckled.

We were going to band practice tonight and it was the first time that Amy and the boys would see her since the hospital.

Dan grabbed the big bag and I carried the carrier out to the car and strapped her in. I held Dan's hand while he drove to Josh and Amy's. I smiled when I heard Zara making noises from the backseat.

She was a good baby, she didn't cry a lot. She always calmed down whenever Dan or I touched her so that was a good thing.

"Do you wanna get take out after?"

"Yeah, sure." I nodded.

Dan soon pulled into Josh and Amy's driveway and I got out to get Zara. Her brown eyes found me and I smiled at her. Dan grabbed the bag and I shut the door behind me. We walked up to the door and Dan knocked. Matt smiled at us and reached out for Zara in the carrier. I laughed and walked past him, into the warm house and set the carrier down on the couch. I unbuckled Zara and took off her small jacket and hat then carefully handed her off to Matt. He smiled down at her and she chewed on his finger.

"Ali!" I turned around at Amy's voice and smiled at her then got pulled into a hug.

"Hey," I spoke when she pulled away.

"How's my little angel?" She sat down beside Matt and smiled at Zara. I saw Max walk into the room and I hugged him tight.

"I miss you!"

He laughed against me, "I miss you too, Ali."

I squeezed him once more before I gave him a smile. "Coffee sometime this week?"

He nodded, "Yeah."

I smiled again and hugged Chris next.

"Where's Josh?" Dan asked.

"Upstairs." Matt spoke.

I walked over and sat next to Dan on the couch, pulling my feet up. Dan wrapped an arm around me and pulled me closer. I smiled, laying my head on his shoulder and watched Amy take Zara into her arms.

ยป

Band practice was over and everyone was saying goodbye to Zara. I hugged the boys and Amy, but Max was last.

"I'll call you tomorrow?" I said.

"Okay, I'll talk to you tomorrow." He nodded.

I hugged him, kissing his cheek when I pulled away and carried the big bag out to the car, Dan following with Zara. He strapped her in and got into the driver's seat.

Dan pulled up to a small take out place and walked in, leaving me in the car with Zara. I played around on my phone and looked out the window at the cars passing by. I turned to Dan when he got back into the car with the bag of food. I held the bag while he drove us home and got hungry at the scent of deliciousness.

We walked inside and I brought the food into the kitchen, setting it on the counter. I walked back out and found Dan unbuckling a sleeping Zara.

"I'll bring her up." I took off my jacket and walked over to him, taking Zara. I grabbed her small blanket and walked up the stairs and into our bedroom, placing her in the crib and putting her blanket over her. I kissed her forehead quickly and changed before I went back downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen and sat down beside Dan in front of my plate of food.

"Thank you."

Dan nodded beside me, enjoying his food.

We finished up and I put away the leftovers and faced Dan.

"Is it okay if I get some coffee with Max tomorrow?"

"Yeah, of course."

I smiled and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his waist. He looked down at me and rubbed my arms lightly. He leaned down and brought his lips to mine. I smiled against him and he brought me closer by my shoulders.

"Did I tell you that I love you?" He mumbled against me.

I nodded. "I love you too."

I pecked him once more and brought him out to the living room.
♠ ♠ ♠
sigh, i love max