‹ Prequel: Fuel to the Fire

Butterfly Kisses

To make you feel the same way

Coffee soon?

Want me to pick you up? Max said.

That'd be great

I locked my phone and shoved it into my pocket. I finished shaking the bottle and walked back upstairs to Dan on the bed with Zara in his arms.

"Max is picking me up soon."

He nodded. "Can you bring me one back?"

"Of course." I handed him the bottle and kissed his cheek. I sat down at the end of the bed and faced him. "I think your the best dad in the world."

He smiled down at Zara and looked up at me. "Thank you, love."

I smiled and heard the beep of a horn. I got up and kissed Dan then kissed Zara's head.

"See you guys soon!" I yelled up the stairs when I got my jacket on. I stepped out into the cool air and walked down to Max's car.

"Hey, Al."

"Hey," I smiled.

"How's Zara?"

"She's good. Dan's feeding her a bottle right now." I watched him drive down the street and head downtown toward the coffee shop.

Once we arrived and ordered what we wanted, we sat down in the way back of the shop.

"So why did you want to have coffee?" Max looked up at me from his cup.

I shrugged, "We were really close and then I became pregnant with Zara and we barely talked. I just missed it."

"Me too." He nodded then mumbled something under his breath.

"What?"

"Oh, nothing."

"Are you sure?" I gave him a look.

He nodded, then shook his head. He sighed before he spoke, "I kinda just wanted to get this out of the way but. Listen Ali, I've liked you from the start. But then you got with Dan and I just didn't know what to do. I liked being close to you and all but I wasn't close enough." He bit his cheek. "I've tried to stop liking you more than a mate but I couldn't until you got pregnant and then I knew that you and Dan would get serious. And I wouldn't do that to Dan even if you agreed to be with me."

"Max." I breathed out. "You should've told me before."

"I know. But now I'm pretty sure that I like you as a mate and now I'm fine with that."

"I'm glad you realized it." I nodded.

He nodded too then smiled, "I also have a date tomorrow."

"Max!"

He laughed at me and sipped his coffee.

ยป

I hugged him before I got out of the car with Dan's drink in my hand. I was only gone for about half an hour and I walked through the door, shutting it behind me. I found Dan sitting on the couch, watching the telly.

"Hey," I smiled. I took off my jacket and sat next to Dan. I handed him his coffee and he smiled down at me and pecked my lips.

"How was it?" He asked, sipping his coffee then setting it down.

"It was good."

"Did you talk about anything?"

I bit my lip, deciding whether or not to tell him. I went with my gut.

"Max told me that he liked me. And that when I got pregnant he knew that you and I would get serious. He also said that even if I dated him before you, he wouldn't do that."

Dan had his eyebrows coming together a little and I looked down at my lap.

"I wouldn't do that to you either." I whispered. "It wouldn't feel right with him."

I looked back up at Dan and he smiled softly at me before he moved his head down and kissed me. I turned a little and soon found myself with him on top of me while I laid on the couch. My hands were knotted in his soft hair and I smiled against him. He pulled away and let his breath blow across my face.

"Really?"

I nodded. "To be honest, I get sparks when you touch me in any way. It wouldn't be the same with anyone else. And I don't want anyone else, Dan."

He smiled then brought his lips back down to mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
aw damnnnn