Status: Let me know what you think of it, please(:

The Shadow in Darkness

Three

A sly smirk played on Blaze's lips as he watched Jace enter his room muttering unheard words. Well Blaze could hear, but he was too occupied to care. It would be an understatment to say someone would be creeped out as they walked by seeing a teenage boy crouching on a tree branch staring into someone's room window. But Blaze couldn't help his natural instinct to stealthly watch his prey from afar. Finally having enough of just watching from the sideline's Blaze leaped down and landed on his feet rather gracefully. He wiped at his jeans before walking over to the front of Jace's house.

Jace looked up with a confused face hearing a knock coming from his door. He got up dropping the physic's book that was sitting on his lap. Jace never liked physics and was happy to know he passed it in highschool. What he wasn't expecting is that college had taking a likeing to physics. Jace walked over to his door and opened revealing the one person he had hoped to never see. Or at least that's what he tells himself. "What are you doing here?" Jace asked threw clenched teeth at the familiar smirk. "What no hello?" Blaze asked pushing past Jace and into the house taking in his surroundings. "Not to someone like you." Jace mutterd slamming his door to get away from the chilling wind that was hitting him. He faced Blaze when suddenly it dawned on him. "How did you know where i live?" he asked causing Blaze to turn giving a "hurt" look. "You really underestimate me Jace. It hurt's right here." he said clenching his shirt above his heart. Jace rolled his eyes really doubting he could hurt a dead heart. Blaze suddenly narrowed his eyes and dropped his head instantly making Jace regrett what he thought. "It isn't very hard for vampires to figure out things." he said darkly staring intently at Jace. Jace lowerd his eyes when he heard shuffling. He glanced up seeing Blaze had walked into another room. It was then that Jace let out a breath he didn't even know he was holding. After a moment of just silently hoping he would make it out alive at the end of this did he walk after Blaze. He turned the corner seeing Blaze simply sprawled out on Jace's couch. The fear was now suddenly gone from Jace and in it's place stood agitation. "You never answerd my question. What are you doing here?" Jace asked rubbing his temple looking at Blaze seeing him reach into his pocket. "Here figured you want it back already." he said tossing something at Jace who easily caught it. He gave Blaze a suspicious look before looking down to his hand seeing his rosemary he's been waiting for. He stared at it for a while before looking back up to Blaze a shocked expression shown. "What?" Blaze asked uncomfortable snapping Jace out of his thoughts. "You gave it back." he said still shocked and Blaze rolled his eyes. "No shit." he mutterd and Jace glared. "But why?" he asked and Blaze sighed rubbing the back of his neck. "Well it's not like i always want to be carrying that thing around." he said sounding disgusted and the glare never left Jace's face as he put the rosemary back on. "Well then i guess i'll be leaving now." Blaze said standing up but was shocked when Jace blocked him. "Wait before you go i wan't to know." Jace said quickly. Blaze rose his eyebrow tilting his head. "Know what?" he asked and Jace sighed. "I know you could probably kill me for even asking, but i'm going to anyways. I wan't to know about you....about vampires." Jace said nervously and Blaze narrowed his eyes. "Why? There's no need for you to know about this world or my past." he said darkly and even though Jace wanted to drop it he couldn't. "Please. You don't have to tell me everything, but i just want to know." Jace said with pleading eyes. They had what it seemed like a staring contest before Blaze finally sighed and took a step back still staring at Jace. "Well have a seat." he said and Jace nodded quickly sitting. "Look i'll only tell you about vampires, and that's it. Got it?" Blaze asked strongly and Jace bit his lips debating if he should persist him more on his past, but a moment of silence he sighed defeated. "Got it." he mutterd and Blaze nodded satisfied. "I'm guessing you want to know if what human's say about is true?" Blaze asked and Jace nodded without saying a word. "Most of them are right. Firtst we do burn in sunlight, but not as fast as they show in movies. It takes us awhile to fully die. Second vampires have to be invited in-" "Wait then how come you were able to come in even though i didn't invite you in?" Jace interrupted curious and Blaze sighed clearly showing he was annoyed. "I was getting there. Young vampires are the only one's that have to be invited in. Older one's like me can freely enter with or without an invation." Jace rose an eyebrow suddenly wanting to know how old Blaze was. "I won't tell you my name, but i will say that young vampires are from 100 to 300. Newborns are any age under 100. Older than 300 you're consider to be old and if older than 500 an elder. There aren't much elder vampires or old vampires so don't worry." Blaze said answering the questions that kept coming to Jace. Jace sat there shocked. That means Blaze is over 300! Jace yelled in his head earning a small smile from Blaze. "On to other things yes we don't like the smell of garlic. But really if you had a nose ten times stronger than a dog's wouldn't you hate the smell of garlic too?" Jace nodded considering it. He already thought the smell of garlic was awful, but to be a vampire. He couldn't even imagine it. "Crucifixes only hurt newborns or young vampires. That's how i was able to hold your rosemary. About coffin's i guess it's an option. I've seen some vampire's sleep in them and some don't. Me personally i'd rather be in a bed." Jace suddenly blushed imgaing him in a bed. He quickly shook his head and looked down to hide the blush that seemed to rise faster. He heard a chuckle from Blaze and he lowerd his head even more. "I'm flatterd of your thought, but please do not get me distracted or you'll find out what i would like to do in my bed." Blaze smirked down to Jace who widened his eyes and quickly looked up with a face red as a tomato. Blaze chuckled once more before continuing. "Again only newborns and young vampires are affected by holy water. Only old and elder vampires have the ability to fly and turn into a bat. Not as cool as it sounds. As you get older you start to fade in mirros until you finally turn into an old vampire and can no longer see your reflection. Obviously vampires don't only prey on virgin women." At this Jace had to quickly hide his blush again. "And last but not least, yes you can kill a vampire by stabbing threw the heart with a wooden stake, but yet again wouldn't anybody vampire or not?" Blaze asked and Jace nodded never really thinking about it. After a moment of silence Jace looked up and gulped. "So what i heard is that you yourself are pretty much really strong and it would take an army to even put a strach on you?" he asked and Blaze smirked. "That's a nice way of putting it." he smiled and Jace couldn't help but smile back. He didn't know what this feeling was, but it was hard to deny it. Even if Blaze happened to be a blood thirsty vampire he liked him. Even if Blaze only wanted his blood, he liked him. Even if Blaze happened to be a very strong vampire who he could never kill and could easily kill Jace, he liked him. And that was all that matterd to Jace. He liked a vampire, and dare i say love?
♠ ♠ ♠
Holy crappers i'm so sorry i haven't updated!! I'm like the laziest person ever so forgive me? Anywhore i know this chapter was pretty crappy, but i felt you needed to know how MY vampires are. Something special right? (;