Status: Completed. Sequel will be up ONLY if I get a lot of comments on how you like the story!

If You Can't Hang, Then There's the Door

Happy birthday.

I threw my dress and heels into my big purse along with my wallet, I attached my new key to the apartment to my lanyard of keys that consisted of my Bakery keys. I put on a black shirt with a raised pattern on it that went to my thighs in length and a pair of dark blue jeans with my mint green vans. I straightened my hair extra straight and did really dark dramatic eye makeup that would match my outfit later as well as now. I looked pretty stunning if I do say so myself, and I wasn't even in the attention grabbing outfit yet.

"Ready to go?" Gabe said as I emerged from my door.

"Yea, where did everyone else go?" I asked looking around only seeing gabe in the apartment.

"They went ahead early to make sure everything was ready. you look amazing by the way, Kellins going to already be focused on you before you even get to the main attraction" He smiled pointing at my bag that contained my dress.

"I hope so Gabe, now should I be worried about whats going on tonight?" he just laughed and grabbed my hand leading me down to a cab parked outside our apartment complex.

"Lets go to destination number one!" He said excitedly to the cab driver, who nodded in response.

I still wasn't as familiar with grand rapids as I probably should be, I just watched the scenery pass, I had no idea where we were going, nothing seemed familiar at all to me. Gabe was smiling at me like an idiot most of them way, I couldn't help but laugh at him as we pulled up to a very fancy restaurant called "La Galleria"

"Isn't it a little early for dinner?" I questioned as he grabbed my wrist and lead me into the building.

"No, no, no, You eat early so you can drink hard later" He stated and shrugged, I'm pretty sure that wasn't right, however I wasn't going to question it.

"Whatever you say sunshine" I laughed as the hostess led us to the rest of our group. They all had huge smiles on their faces.

"Hey birthday beauty" Jesse said pulling my seat out and grinning wildly.

"You guys are going all out." I said looking around the dark restaurant with candles everywhere and a piano player in the center of the room. Very Classy restaurant, and all the boys were dressed in nice collar shirts and jeans, Kellin had on his black vest with a dark brown collar shirt and a fedora. He looked cute, and he was staring at me.

"Anything for you Scar" He said angelically passing me a wine menu.

"Time to order your fist alcoholic beverage for your meal" Kellin finished speaking as I took the menu from him. Our finger tips brushed and I felt a spark that caused me to freeze.

"What type of restaurant is this?" I questioned eyes the guys,.

"Italian, they are the best in grand rapids" Justin said happily looking through his menu.

We all ordered a bottle of nice red wine for the table, I drank about two glasses with my chicken Alfredo that was out of this world good. Dinner was full of light conversation and a lot of jokes about how drunk I was going to get tonight, I even told the Kellin story without him freaking out about it. He just laughed it off as the boys vowed to make me top his antics.

"I Will never act as crazy as Kellin did!" I defended as the guys kept joking me as our waiter handed us our checks.

"No if your not running around screaming 'I'm a wizard' or something funnier than that, then we failed at throwing a kick ass twenty first birthday party" Jesse said seriously as Kellin almost drowned in his wine laughing at my facial expression. I was starting to get worried about the level of drunk they were going to get me.

"Ok now i'm officially nervous" I said with a shaky voice as we left the restaurant and all piled into Kellin's car.

"No reason to be nervous" Kellin said laughing as he drove us to the next destination.

"Well, where are we going now?" I questioned, it was around seven night now.

"Well, you will figure it out when we get there, wont you?" Jake said laughing at my cluelessness.

I crossed my arms and silently watched where we were going, Kellin kept looking at me more than usual on drives like this. He had an expression on his face I have never seen on him before, It was a cross between his thinking face and his confused face. He had his eyebrow pressed towards his nose and his eyes opened wide, and his hands were tapping the steering wheel the whole way. Even when we parked at our next destination he seemed to act funny, but he simply smiled at me and took my hand as we walked into the building.

"We have set up a show tonight Scar, and were Dedicating the whole thing to you, Its a private show with just bands from our label and people from the record company we've grown to love as family, we told them it was your birthday and they helped us set up a few of your favorite bands to perform and were going to play songs from our album that releases in a few weeks, then the whole club is rented for us to party in" Kellin said with all the guys around us before we entered the building. we all walked in, it was a small club with a stage and a dance floor with a bar around it, It was considerably packed and I smiled at the 'happy birthday' sign that hung up on the stage.

"You should go change Scar. You are the woman of the hour" Gabe hinted excitedly, as they Ran backstage.

"When do you guys go on?" I yelled and Justin held up one finger to indicate that they were first.

I changed in the backstage bathroom and took a deep breath as I looked at myself in the mirror, This was my night, I looked beautiful, my new family was going to be out on stage doing what they love all for me. most importantly, I was going to finally tell Kellin how I felt. I was becoming a new person tonight, and I was starting to feel confident enough to pull it off. My anxiety washed away as I walked out into the venue as the boys took the stage. Kellin walked out onto the stage and grabbed the mic standing there in silence for a moment before he spoke.

"Thank you everyone for coming out tonight for my bestfriends birthday, Her name is Scarlett, and shes the reason i'm even able to stand up here tonight with my friends from this label and why i'm able to release an amzing album with these guys..." he getured to them all with thier instruments in thier hands and they all bowed as he continued to speak.

"The amazing bands were playing with all came out because I wanted to surprise Scarlett on her big twenty first birthday, Id like to ask her up here on stage" He said smiling at the crowd as they all clapped for me.

This was it, i walked up to the stage, His eyes fell on me and they got wider then ever before, his face blushed a red deeper than any I've ever seen and his mouth fell open a little bit he held his hand out for me and I grabbed it as he pulled me on stage, and stuttered into his microphone.

"w-w-wow S-Scar, you look breathtaking, Doesnt she guys?" He said nervously and the crowd let out an "aww" and cheered wildly I blushed and he grabbed my hand.

"This song Isnt going to be on our album, Hopefully We get the chance for a second one, I wrote it for this girl right here, she has come so far in the seven years I've known her and I couldn't be more proud." He said regaining his composure but still blushing wildly. The boys all started the song, Kellin held my hand as looked into my eyes and he started to sing to me.

There's so many things that I could say
But I'm sure it would come out all wrong
You've got something that I can't explain
Still I try and try and let you know
The first summer we spent, one will never forget
Looking for any kind of reason to escape all the mess
That we thought was what made us
Ain't it funny now, we can see
We're who we're meant to be

You still have all of my
You still have all of my
You still have all of my heart
(Ohhhh)

There's too many times I have to say
I could have been better and stronger for you and me
You always make me feel okay
Those late summers we spend stay up talking all night
I'd ask, "You think we'd ever make it?"
You say, "I'm sure, if it's right."
Ain't it funny to think just how stupid I used to be
Hope you always believe

You still have all of my
You still have all of my
You still have all of my heart

Let them talk and talk and talk
Let them say what they want
We will laugh at the thought; they don't know what we got
Every year that goes by, a year older we are
You'll still be beautiful then, bless your beautiful heart

We'll talk and talk and talk
How crazy is it
Someone could waste their whole life helplessly
Just patiently waiting for a love like you and me
(For a love)

You still have all of my
You still have all of my
You still have all of my heart


His eyes glistened throughout the whole song, he stared into my eyes and squeezed my hand at parts he wanted me to understand. I felt tears brim my eyes, I was definetly in love with my bestfriend, and I think maybe he was battling with feelings just like I was. He kissed my cheek brought me into a huge hug as the crowd cheered. I only felt like it was me and him that entire song, nothing mattered but Kellin, and his feelings. He whispered in my ear before letting go.

"I...I love you Scar, and I mean it, you ARE my heart....I cant explain right now, but later were gonna talk" My heart jumped at his words, he let go of my hand and smiled into his mic before he spoke again.

"Happy Birthday Scar, your an amazing woman and I love you, Now We have just a couple more songs, Then our good friends from pierce the veil and Of Mice and Men will blow you away!" He shouted as the guys started their next song, Kellin grabbed me and made me dance with him as he sang The bomb dot com. My heart raced at every touch, and I could tell he felt it too, He never took his eyes off me and kissed my cheek or squeezed my hand at any chance he got.

Did Kellin feel the same as me? what did we need to talk about? I was anxious to find out, but I was anxious in a good way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope your all getting excited for the chapter Im posting later ;]