Status: Completed. Sequel will be up ONLY if I get a lot of comments on how you like the story!

If You Can't Hang, Then There's the Door

The grand opening.

I woke up at five am. I know it's early, but that's when I used to get up everyday. I had to get used to it again. It's a habit I loved, I would get up before Kellin, make breakfast for us both and be at work before he ever got up, but I always had his breakfast ready to go. I loved being able to make his mornings, even now more than ever. I made simple bacon and pancakes. I ate a few and left out a plate for him wrapped in foil as always. I took a shower quietly and got dressed for the grand opening. I wore the red chefs outfit that Kellin as purchased for me. I smiled to myself, my hair was up and my bangs were hanging out with a cute cupcake barrette . Slightly childish, I know, but I thought it was appropriate.

I made my way out of the apartment complex and embraced the cool morning air that hit my body as I walked to the bakery. My keys jingled the whole way. It was about six fifteen by time I unlocked the store and turned all the lights on. I planned in opening the store everyday at nine am. But I wanted to get into the habit of getting here a few hours early so I could bake anything that needed replaced. I know that wasn't the case today. I just wanted to make everything perfect. Kellin and Jesse would be here at eight fifty to help with the opening. Hopefully it would have a good turn out.

I was fiddling with the table arrangements before I heard some voices from outside. It was around eight thirty and I thought maybe it was Kellin and Jesse. I looked out the window, and my mouth dropped. I had a line down the block outside my door waiting for me to open. People were conversing with each other and looking at the store at the displays with smiles on their faces. Nth ear creeped into my throat with excitement and fear. The flyers, all the boys hard work, my hard work, it had all paid off and in a bigger way then I ever expected. Iquickly ran to the kitchen, I promised Kellin I would take my smaller prescription today and I feel that I needed it. I quickly got some water and popped the pill just as the back doors opened and a excited smiling Kellin bounced inside with a happy Jesse on his heels. The sight was adorable. They both work black V-necks and black tight pants. They wanted to look uniformed for today. I appreciated it.

"Scar! Did you see ? All those people are waiting for YOU!" Kellin hugged me tightly and kissed my lips as he continued to smile.

"Today's going to be a hit Scar!" Jesse added as he walked towards the counter out of the kitchen, Kellin dragged my hand and lead me to the front door. I breathed in nervously and fought with Kellin the whole way to the door.

"Baby, I promise everything will be ok, do you trust me" he squeezed my hand and batted those huge eyes at me, I felt myself ease up as we got to the door.

"I trust you, but what if they hate it? " my eyes got wide and I felt my heart beat faster.

"They won't baby, your brilliant." He kissed my cheek as I nervously started to unlock the door.

"Ready Jesse ? Ready Kellin?" I asked with a bit more confidence shining through.

"We're ready" Jesse yelled excitedly as I opened the doors.

People flowed in and started looking around the store in every direction. The room was packed wall to wall with people chatting and admiring everything. I heard nothing but warm, welcoming comments and compliments.

I had Kellin and myself walking around distributing samples to the crowd. A few customers asked how I eve managed to do this on my own, and asked if I was the owner and some general questions about their samples or products they were looking at. Every second I felt less scared, less nervous, and more calm. People loved the store, ad things were being bought left and right, I'm surprised my store wasn't empty by the end of the day.

"Thank you come again anytime! Remember tell your friends!" I heard Jesse say to customers as they purchased their treats and went on their ways back to work or home.

"Ma'am? I just want to say this place is wonderful and I love your samples, your very talented and I will come here all the time now" a young blonde woman said tapping my shoulder and extending her hand.

"Thank you so much it means a lot that you would come back. Honestly I've been a nervous wreak all day" she laughed as I jumped slightly at our handshake.

"I'm Ashley, Im happy you opened this kind of store here, it's really what our town needs" she said warmly smiling at me.

"I'm glad, things are really falling into place." I smiled back and she turned to leave but stopped.

"Y-y-your hiring aren't you?" She stuttered looking around the room. She was quite a pretty girl, easily my age or younger with long straight blonde hair, she was skinny and wore jeans with a colorful green blouse that matched her eyes.

"I am actually just not for a few more months, I need to start getting Ito a routine with the store before I can fully hire someone and train them properly" I blushed as did she.

"We'll hopefully when I come back in a few months, you'll consider hiring me" she smiled and made her way to purchase we items.

I couldn't believe I already had someone Interested in working here. I had only been open maybe five hours and the rest of the boys were starting to pile into the store for their shifts.

"You doing ok baby?" Kellin questioned as he brought out more cakes for the table to restock all that we had sold.

"I'm fine, just shocked. People love it, people love my work" I smiled Inwardly to myself.

"Of course they love it! Like I said, your amazing, business has been steady since we opened and Jesse says we've easily made enough to cover for the supplies well need for next week." He kissed my cheek as I blushed and helped him stock other various shelves with my creations.

"Wow" was all I could manage to escape my shocked expression.

"Wow is right baby, you have nothing to worry about, and thank you for breakfast, it made my morning sweetheart" he kissed my lips lightly and headed back to the kitchen and Gabe, Justin, and jack all came up to me smiling from ear to ear,

"Wow Scar, the turnout is amazing!" Jack gawked at all the steady customers surrounding him.

"That's thanks to all of you constantly passing out flyers" I smiled as the gas me a hug one by one and I assigned them jobs for the rest of the night,

"Her Scar? We're all out of pie and croissants" Jesse waved for me to come to the register. We've already sold out! I was happy about this fact, not scared.

"Really Jesse ? Ill go start prepping to throw more in the oven" I smiled at him as he giggled.

"I got a really pretty woman's number today" he said geekily like he needed to desperately get it off his chest.

"I'm glad Jess, you need a lady in your life" I joked as he started cleaning the counter for justin to take over for his shift.

"Yea I'm excited" he high fived me and made his way out of the store as he hugged me goodbye and told me not to worry, Jesse truly was an amazing friend.

I made my way to the back to find Kellin making some more cupcakes and pastries.

"What are you doing cutie PIE, get it ?" I giggled at my own lame joke, he was indeed making pie as I said it, he laughed slightly and smiled at me.

" just trying to stay ok top of everything" he said nervously as he mixed batter I taught him to make. He was adorable all covered in icing and rolling our dough,

"Your shifts over though baby I can do that for you." I cooed as he smiled from beside me .

"Your crazy to think I won't be here all day with you. I couldn't be more proud of you" he grabbed my hand and ran his thumb over it lightly caressing my skin. The shivers came soon after, they never got old. I loved how Kellin could make me feel with the slightest of touches.

The rest of the night went on quickly, the store was almost completely bought out by time be closed at seven at night. I know that seems early but that's how many bakery's are, early to open and early to close. Besides I could always use nights to cook after hours if we truly had sold out the house. It also gave me and the guys time to clean the store and make it look spotless agin for tomorrow.

"Thank you so much for the help today guys." I blushed at they all high fived and discussed who gets what shift tomorrow. Kellin yawned behind me, stretching slightly as his beautiful hair fell in his eyes. He was adorable.

"Baby that was amazing" he whispered as we walked hand in hand to the apartment, both yawning the whole way.

"I think I'm still in shock" he giggled at me and lead me up the stairs to our home

"You have every right to be. You seemed oddly calm today Hunny" he pointed out that I need went up to him with my worries. Maybe that lower dose of pills works.

"I took my prescription today" I whispered realizing that those polls were the reason I didn't quite feel or act like myself all day.

"I'm glad, do you feel ok on them?" He rubbed my shoulders and pressed his warm body to mine in a long rocking hug. He swayed us gently from side to side on his feet.

"Your so warm" I whispered into his chest and felt him laugh as we swayed.

"Am I?" He teased and kissed my hair resting his chin on my head running his hands through my hair.

"It's something I've always loved about you. I just remembered it. When I used to get cold I always got closer to you hoping you wouldn't notice" I was blushing but he couldn't see it. So many memories have been coming up lately throughout our relationship- about our past and why we Gould have always been together.

"I noticed sometimes, now that I think back. You would always cuddle into me when we would sit at out spot and look over the dandelions. You always felt so cool against my skin. It made me feel... Relaxed" he whispered to me with a hint of a chuckle in his voice.

"We really were meant to be weren't we ?" I looked up at him now as he smiled down to me.

"A love like ours is hard to come by." He kissed me deeply and I felt my knees get weak as he ran his hand over my cheek and placed his free hand on the small of my back. He walked us near the stereo and turned it on.

I smiled as city and color filled the room with their gentle acoustics. Kellin took my waist and placed his hand in mine. He lightly glided me across the room as a smile plastered on my face. We danced through our apartment, our home and I smiled even brighter. Me and Kellin had a home, a home that we made.

"Your so beautiful Scarlett, how did I get so lucky? Your my best friend, the person that makes me whole, and your in love with me" he smiled down at me as he lightly dipped me towards the ground and I felt my eyes brim with tears.

"No more tears today baby, you have no reason to cry, I'm here, your safe, and you've done nothing but bring happiness today" he kissed my now closed eye lids gently. He was the cutest man on earth.

"I'm proud of you Scar, thank you for sharing your dreams and your future with me" he kissed my lips I was no longer crying as I smiled beneath the sparks that lit up my body underneath his lips.

"Maybe you were my biggest dream?" I said softly as my eyes looked onto him with fondness and all the love I could express.

"Then I'm honored that I've made your dream come true" he laughed and picked me up bridal style and carried me away from the music and into his bedroom.

Kellin Quinn, was my everything. I couldn't be any happier with how the day went. I felt at ease, accomplished and I felt a love in my heart that wouldn't stop growing.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry I haven't been updating as much as I normally do guys. I've been working way to much lately! Work keeps scheduling me with no days off and it's making me so tired I can barely write at night. I'm trying to update as much as I can though I'm starting to balance everything a little better. I love you all please COMMENT