Status: In progress...

What's Your Sign?

One

Ivy Forbes (17 F)

Saggitarius

Happy Birthday! An unlikely individual will make a great impact on your life this week, but in the next seven days you'll discover the deeper meaning of his intentions. Your lucky number is 3.


Ivy swiped her finger to agree to the window on the screen. She had awaken to the same electronic fate each week for her entire life. To this horoscope, she didn't act any different -- except maybe for the fact she wasn't very fond of meeting new people.

Now that the hologram was gone, Ivy could sit upright in her bed. She reached for her Smartphone and checked the time. Almost seven.

Ivy frowned at the frizzy ends of her crinkly blonde hair but decided they would have to do. She didn't have much time before school started.

Her older brother, Jackson, knocked once on her door before entering on his own accord. "I can't drive you to school today."

Ivy had a pair of pins in her mouth as she tried to invent a way to tame her wild hair. "Why not?"

"I'm not going to school."

Ivy rolled her eyes in disbelief. Jackson hadn't missed a day of school in his life. Not even when he had a bad strain of the flu virus. "Well what's the occasion?"

Jackson gulped, that lump in his throat refusing to go down. "Nothing you need to worry about." He said.

Ivy slipped on her jacket and stuffed her bag with her things. "Does Mom know?"

"She doesn't." He admitted weakly. "Don't say anything, okay?"

Ivy became concerned by the tone of his voice. "Jackson, what's this about?"

"I'm not completely sure, but I'll know by tonight." He started closing her door over. "You'll have to ask Mom for a ride."

"Is this about your horoscope?"

Jackson became as still as a statue and nudged the door open again. "Why do you ask?"

It was enough of an answer for Ivy. Her observant nature defined her ability to read her brother like a book. "What did it say?"

Jackson wrinkled his brow and shook his head. "It's probably nothing..."

"Tell me." Ivy sighed.

"It's seven-thirty!" Their mother's shrill voice was a warning to get moving. Homeroom began in ten minutes.

Jackson shook away the weakness and stared firmly into Ivy's innocent eyes. "I'll drop you at school, but then I'm leaving."

"Fine, but where are you --"

"I'll meet you in the truck." He stalked away, leaving her door and her question wide open.

Ivy knew better than to ask too many questions, especially with Jackson's unpredictably bad temper. She slung her bag over her shoulder and distracted herself by contemplating the meaning of her own horoscope.

She frowned, anxious of meeting new people -- especially those mentioned in her horoscope.

~oOo~

Nathan Rice (18 M)

Saggitarius

Happy Birthday! This week, you are crucial in the fufillment of yet another sign mate's future. You musn't let yourself stray from your duty, as this Sag refuses to take on the challenge you present to her. Your lucky number is 26.


Nate didn't even read through the entire paragraph of nonsense before he accepted. It was the same blurb every week. He never knew why the Astrologists were so fond of him, and frankly he didn't care.

He rolled out of bed right away, waited for his foggy green eyes to clear, and checked his Smartphone. Almost seven.

He had plenty of time to shower before class. As the scorching stream of water raced down the planes of his back he struggled to remember the final sentence of his horoscope. The pronoun, the very last word before his lucky number...was it a girl this week?

It was, he decided. With a grin stretching his lips, Nate reminded himself that maybe this week wouldn't be so bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just a new idea I wanted to try out :) comments and subscriptions are seriously important if you want me to keep writing this!