Status: In progress...

What's Your Sign?

Fourteen

Ivy Forbes (18 F)

Saggitarius

You are doing well, Sag. The members of the Zodiac commend you for your strength. Your own advice is the best you can take this week.


Ivy knew what this meant, the vague direction in her horoscope. It was rumored that the Astrologists slacked off when you were on the right path to your ultimate fate. They gave their most detailed horoscopes to the ones who were far off and needed extra guidance. This meant Ivy was right where she needed to be, but it didn't mean that she wanted to be there anymore.

"Do you like these?" Nina dumped an armful of cucumbers in Ivy's basket without waiting for an answer.

"Sure," Ivy shifted her elbow under the weight of the handle. "Do we really need this many?"

Nina grunted and rolled her eyes. "God, yes. I'll probably eat two of them tonight."

Ivy pursed her lips a little but went along with it. Nina's hormones called for the most bizarre foods at the most bizarre times; Ivy caught her squirting ketchup on her pancakes a few days before.

Ivy was accustomed to visiting the weekly farmer's market by herself. It was a tradition the community adopted to stay in touch with life outside technology and industry. Ivy's mother always preferred this produce over the Smartmarket's electronic system anyway.

"What else do we need?" Nina rubbed her hand in a circle around her growing belly. Ivy's mother had finally warmed up and allowed Nina to visit more often. "Is this all your mom asked for?"

Ivy looked down in the market basket. Aside from the sixteen cucumbers, Nina had accurately remembered everything on the shopping list.

"I think that's it." She said. 

"Let's get cookies!" Nina exlaimed. "Fresh from the oven. Wait here, I'll be right back."

Ivy smiled as the hormonally high woman waddled into the bakery sections.

Her smile faded as she caught sight of Joseph Parker tugging a cart of fresh vegetables to his father's stand -- well, it wasn't exactly run by his father. Mr. Parker just owned it, paying the farmers to sell food in his name. Joseph was included, but not compensated. Before now, Ivy made an effort to avoid him on these days.

She strolled casually along the rows of red and yellow peppers. Joseph was loading husks of corn into the shelves at the end of the row.

"Can I help you?" He asked, his friendly tone obviously forced.

"No," Ivy said. "Well..."

He looked up at her, predictably surprised. "Ivy?"

She tried not to stare at the scar on his lip from that gruesome fight. "How's Nathan?" She didn't realize until after she asked it how dangerous the question was. "I mean is he doing alright?"

Joseph huffed under his breath. "I don't know. Shouldn't you?"

Ivy frowned. He knew they weren't seeing eachother anymore. How long had it been? Ivy lost track after the first month. "I was hoping you two had worked things out. I wouldn't want to be responsible for ruining your friendship."

Joseph shook his head, walking around to Ivy's side of the stand. "Did anyone ever tell you how obnoxiously polite you are?"

"You didn't answer my question." She tried a more agressive approach. "I asked about Nathan."

"Nate's fine. Don't think a little angel like you can tie him down forever." Joseph lifted the green apron over his head and tied it around his back. He watched her reaction to his comment and laughed out loud. "Why so surprised?"

"I'm...I'm not." 

"You are." He corrected. "Innocent Ivy." He taunted her with a Nathan-like smirk.

Ivy was glad Nathan punched him in the face. "Forget it." She started to walk away in hopes that Nina would return with the cookies.

"Hey," Joseph called after her. He walked until he was a few necessary feet away. "There's a party at my house next weekend. If you're interested." He knew well that she didn't take interest in drunken teen parties.

Ivy directed her eyes down and clenched her teeth. He was such a jerk.

"Ivy?"

"What?"

He kicked some dirt around with his shoe. "I'm sorry, you know, about..." He never finished his apology, but she was grateful he was considerate enough to start it.

~oOo~

Nathan Rice (18 M)

Saggitarius

Use your strengths to your advantage. Find the unique aspects in life, notice them, and comment accordingly. The realm of romance only allows those worthy enough to reside.


Nate grunted. What was this, dating advice? He wished he could just ignore it.

He could, if he wanted to. He wasn't anyone important, like the President or a celebrity or a criminal. Those people relied on their horoscopes to shape their image. Even still, In the average person's world, it was frowned upon to ignore your fate, almost detrimental, and there was all of that explaining to do at the House of the Zodiac...

Nate shut his eyes as Julie kissed his neck. This girl was relentless, but he still hated himself for putting her through this sick game of his. Julie was blonde, like her. She was tall, like her. She was pretty, but nowhere near as beautiful. That was a far as their similarities went. Personality wise, Julie was nothing like Ivy.

"What's wrong?" Julie purred like a cat. For some guys, this might be a turn-on. For Nate, it was just bizzare.

"Nothing." He grabbed her face and swallowed her lips in a kiss. She responded like a feline, clawing into his legs with her nails.

This was the part when Nate disconnected himself from reality and imaged another girl's lips tangled with his. It was so selfish, but he needed it. And it always worked out, for him anyway. 

It isn't hard to fall back into old habits.
♠ ♠ ♠
hey, any tswift fans?

her song 'i knew you were trouble' was obviously written for nate and ivy :) let me know if you agree.

LOVE her new album by the way!!