Tracked

Monday ~ Rachel

All too soon Monday was back with a vengeance and considering the alarm was broken and Jay is a twat he decided it would be fun to wake me up by flicking water at me. I got up, kicked him in the leg and dried my face. The usual for a Monday morning.

I pull on my uniform and put my hair into its usual ponytail. Then I do my eye-liner and mascara as carefully as possible even though I'm tired as hell. I hate Monday's especially considering that I have maths first thing. I run down the stairs and grab myself a bowl of cereal. As soon as I had finished my mother made me go. I looked outside at the pitch black early morning sky. My mother looked as well.

''Jay, why don't you go with Rach and make sure shes okay on the way to school'' she says, a hint of worry in her voice. Jay looked reluctant but nodded.
''But mum, I really don't need him to come'' I whined rolling my eyes. I knew there was no way of changing my mothers mind, when it came to the safety of her children she is stubborn as a mule. I sigh and grab my school bag.

The walk was silent as me and Jay were only half awake and Jay had a hangover. We arrived at the bus stop at exactly the right time. The bus pulled just as we arrived. Jay ruffled my hair to annoy me and I kicked him in the shin and I boarded the bus. I saw Emily was already on the bus and I grinned and start walking towards her but then I heard my name. Curious I turned around to see Phil giving me this big grin. I could clearly see he had saved a seat for me and he was watching me expectantly.

''I looked from the slightly disappointed looking Emily to the grinning Phil. I have to admit he looked rather attractive in that hoody. I smiled at him and shot an apologetic look at Emily and quickly slipped into the seat next to him.

I noticed my brother giving me evils and the bus pulled away from the stop. I remembered Friday night and their little disagreement. My phone vibrated and I pulled it from my pocket. It was from Jay and it simply read: Stay away from him.

''Who was that?'' asked Philip curiously trying to get a look at my phone. I shoved it quickly back in my pocket and gave him a slightly forced smile.
''Oh it was nothing, from Orange you know'' I say, flustered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments would make my day