Status: Complete. <3 thank you for reading.

Write It Down

Chapter Nine

“He’s great, mom…” Jack whispered as he sat at his mom’s kitchen table. It was Sunday, the day after the concert. The day after the kiss; and to be honest, he has never been more happy. He didn’t know exactly HOW all of this was happening, but he was so happy it was…

His mom laughed, “Well, spill then! Tell me what happened!” She smiled as she took off her shoes, she must have been working again last night. Jack could tell she hadn’t gotten much sleep.
He almost said something about her condition, he really worried about her.. all the time.

“Well, we just went to this concert, and oh goodness it was so good.” Jack gushed. “ We were singing and dancing and it was so perfect and the band was amazing and I’ve never had so much fun in my life,” His mother smiled at her son’s joy. She was so happy for him. After all this time he was finally developing a social life. And she was so grateful for Alex. “He bought me a shirt. It was so sweet. Like, he asked if I wanted one and I was sad because I left my wallet at home and he said, ‘No I was asking if you wanted ME to buy YOU one?’ So he got it…” Jack gestured his hands towards the shirt he was wearing.

Secrets don’t make friends

“Sounds like he’s a sweetheart,” Ms. Barakat grinned as she took a sip of her coffee.

“He’s a writer, mom.. We are both writers..” Jack giggled. Then he remembered the most important detail of them all. The detail he nearly left out of his reminiscent story.
His mom looked down at the paper, picking it up and grinning as she showed Jack the Sunday issue of the “Ask Morrie” column.

Jack immediately grabbed it from her hand and started reading.
Dear Morrie,
My boyfriend has been acting REALLY strange lately. He never talks to me about our relationship anymore, he just brushes it off. He’s always closing the computer screen when I’m around him, and he absolutely refuses to go to the left side of the mall with me. That’s where the movies, the Victoria’s Secret, and the Kay’s Jewelers are located. And honestly, I’m starting to believe maybe there’s someone in one of those stores he doesn’t want me to run into…
Sorry for the dramatics, but can you help me out? I just want to know what’s wrong. And, I feel like its me, and I’ve been looking for solutions in all the wrong places.

Thank you,
Scared Girlfriend.

Jack felt himself have sympathy towards the girl, but nothing was going to take him from on top of the world. Because that’s where Alex put him.
He smiled as he continued reading to Alex’s response.

Dear Scared Girlfriend,
Your letter makes me smile, truly. I look at your suspicions and they are completely understandable. To an extent. Look your clues one more time. He doesn’t talk about your future. He doesn’t he let you see his laptop, and we won’t let you near the JEWELRY section of the mall.
He wants to marry you, you crazy girl.
Go get your man!
Much love,
Morrie


“He is so amazing..” Jack grinned as he put down the paper.

Alex had become so much more to him now. Jack had never felt this before. This euphoria of friendship.. and possibly more.
“Why don’t you go and see him then?” His mother laughed. “I’m sure he’d love to see you. I need to get some housework done anyway.” She smiled as she stood up. “You should bring him to dinner Friday, though. I want to meet this boy.”

And, as his mother walked away Jack pictured a cute family dinner with he and Alex with his mother. They would laugh and talk about funny stories from their past and his mom would break out the baby pictures.
Jack would pretend to be embarrassed, when really he always thought the baby picture thing was kind of cute on the parent’s part.
He also thought Alex’s reaction to him as a youngster would be quite adorable as well.

Jack stood up and walked out of his mother’s house and stepped towards his car, ready to go home and email Alex.
Its almost baffling that they have yet to exchange numbers.

That’s something he’ll definitely have to do next time he sees him. (Which he hopes is very soon.) Not that Jack is trying to be clingy.. It just happens.

When Jack got home he looked at his computer screen, and opened an email.
And, being the clingy Almost-Boyfriend that he is, he decided on the car ride over that he couldn’t wait any longer for Alex’s phone number.

Yeah, it sounds crazy, but emails just aren’t cutting it. He smiled as he typed:

GASKARTH.
Hey, so I was kind of using my phone earlier and it just wasn’t working right.
I think its broke.
Uhm. Good news is, I found the problem.
You’re number isn’t in it.
So, you should get right on that. I mean, I need my phone. For emergencies in stuff. So if you could be so kind as to save my phone from absolute destruction, that would be great.
Thanks boo. ;)
-Jacko


SEND.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey Guys!
I know this chapter kind of sucks, but the comments and feedback slowed down a lot and Idk, it just feels like I don't have readers.

Maybe I just got spoiled with the Lindsey cowrite thing when we got like 2390342 comments an update, lol.

So, my apologies for the sucky update. I'll try my hardest to refocus myself.
Also, I'm sorry it took so long. Junior year is kicking my ass. Haha. The next update will be later this week hopefully if you guys liked the chapter. WAAAHHH.