Status: Complete. <3 thank you for reading.

Write It Down

Chapter Twenty

Forever is a really long time. Six months is only a millisecond in a person’s life, but for Jack six months was his forever.
Alex and Jack arrived in Atlanta with absolutely no problems. The doctor gave him some calming cream for his blisters, and even though the pain never went away completely, it was just enough to keep a smile on his face. It was just enough to convince Alex that he was okay. Alex’s parents and Jack’s mom split the cost of movers to take all of their belongings into their new home and maids to organize the rest and so by the time they got there, their home was absolutely perfect.
The first few weeks there were absolutely perfect.

That is, until it was time for Jack’s first appointment at the expensive cancer hospital. The place was beautiful, and clean, and everything was just as they both had pictured it.
As soon as they walked through the glass doors, Alex had a sudden feeling that everything was going to be okay. That he and Jack really would have the forever they had promised each other.
The people were friendly, the nurses were helpful, and the doctors were more accommodating than either of them had ever hoped.

But, all of those wonderful and comforting things didn’t stop the bad news from engulfing them.
The doctors in Baltimore were wrong about Jack’s cancer. It had spread.

“Sometimes, when the body is dying, it will give up all of its resources to last as long as possible,” Jack’s new doctor told them. “And, unfortunately, what your doctor thought was a small relapse was actually your body’s last ditch effort of survival.”

Alex was seated in the corner of the room in a big black leather chair, watching and listening as Jack sat on the examination table, listening to the doctor tell him his life was about to end.
“So, what you’re saying is: Jack is going to be dead soon?” Alex asked. His voice was steady, and cold as he felt his stomach collapse into itself. Forget the job and his life. This place was supposed to make sure Jack remained a part of it. “How soon?”

The doctor sighed, looking at Jack. Jack nodded with tear filled eyes, letting the doctor know it was okay to inform Alex of his status.
“Six months. At the most,” was his response.
Six months.

Jack had six months on this Earth, he had six months with Alex, and six months until his body would give up on him.
He didn’t know what he was supposed to do.
All he really could do was look at Alex. And, as soon as he did he felt his entire body crumble. Never-ending sobs escaped his lips as his body and mind began to fall apart even more.
Alex immediately jumped up to hold his disheveled boyfriend. Both of their hearts were racing as Alex gripped Jack in his arms. They didn’t know if the doctor was still there but they didn’t care. They were going to sit in that hospital room for as long as they needed to.
“It’s okay, Jack,” the coldness was completely gone from Alex’s face as the tears began to pour down his cheeks. “We’ll figure something out, baby.”

“No we won’t, Alex,” Jack said, almost inaudibly, through his tears. “I can feel my body dying. I can feel the end of my life coming,” He said, gripping his stomach. “Its right here. And you can’t fix it.”

Alex held tighter onto his boyfriend. He wasn’t going to accept that.
“Its my job to protect you, baby boy.” Alex whispered into his hair. “I won’t let you down.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if I even still have readers, but I need to finish this story.
I love you guys. Whether you're still there or not. &lt;3