Status: Complete. <3 thank you for reading.

Write It Down

The End

Alex and Jack found each other in the clouds. They were wonderful, beautiful souls together. This wasn’t the way the story was intended to pan out. Neither of them saw themselves this way in the beginning. They saw each other for who they really were.
It was hard to capture every moment in real time, and they spent so much of their lives together dealing with sickness. But that was okay, for them. It was okay because even though Jack’s body was ill and he couldn’t love Alex the way most people believe he should have been able to, they knew that their love was one in a million.

Finding your one in a million person is simple by definition. But one those who have that person know just how complex it can be. You can spend forever loving them and it wouldn’t be enough.

When Jack finally left his body, and his soul was leaving this Earth, he was confused. He waited for Alex. He wanted to hold his hand in his last moments. But he wasn’t there.

When he finally passed, and the light shone brightly for him to walk towards, he almost ran in the opposite direction. He wanted to wait for Alex. He promised to be there, and it broke his heart. But he knew that wasn’t how it worked. You don’t get to decide when you leave, and there’s no running from the light. He wasn’t in anymore pain, and the cancer had killed off all his vital organs by this point. It has spread, and his whole body had shut down. You cannot make that last any longer than it was meant to. There was no waiting for Alex anymore. Jack left this world heartbroken.

But when he did make it to the clouds, and the bells rang for his arrival, he saw Alex there. Waiting for him. The confusion overwhelmed his body once more and he cried. Alex died, too.

Jack was angry at first. He had wanted Alex to live life for the both of them, but he should have known he was more selfish than that. He should have known Alex couldn’t live on. That broke Jack’s heart, too. But he was also selfish, so the anger he felt didn’t last long.
“Why?” was all he could muster when he finally got his arms around Alex. It felt good to hug him without the pain his body always felt.

“I couldn’t live in that world without you, Jack,” was Alex’s reply. “I couldn’t wait for you to die alone, and I couldn’t imagine you being here without me. I passed away moments before you. Now we never have to spend another day wondering if it is our last.”

His words made Jack feel whole again. This wasn’t how this story was supposed to end. Everyone wanted it to be so much more spectacular. But that isn’t how life works.

Life isn’t some spectacular ending. Life is bitter, and hard, and the choices we make never end with the results we wanted. So this was it. This was how Jack and Alex’s story ended. It ended in heartbreak, and healing.
And that was okay with them. They didn’t need an epic love story to know that they were meant for each other. And when you find the person you’re meant to be with—you will know that the epic love stories never have a happy ending.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is it-- finally. I know I probably don't have any readers left, but if I do-- I want you guys to be the first to know that I am finishing up a full length novel that I will be self publishing soon. If you want the info and where to find it-- let me know.

Fanficiton will always be my roots. Looking back, this story could have been so much better for you guys, and I know my novel isn't a story about Jack and Alex, but its the best work I have ever done. And if you are interested, I would love to share it with you.