Falling for the Bad Boy

Chapter 10 - Basketball Team Manager.

Angie POV 10

Chapter 10 - Basketball Team Manager.

I sat at the cafeteria thinking about the kiss Jase and I shared. That was two days ago. Today is Friday. I sigh dreamily. The way he jumped over the booth and cooly said 'save the best for last'. I scowl. It still doesn't change the face that he's a devil.

I pick up the brownie bringing It towards my mouth when it's snatched out of my hands. I stare at my empty hands dumbfounded. What just happened? I look up to see Oscar walking away, munching happily on my brownie. Tears sting me eyes.

That was the last brownie in the stock which I happened to have bought. The idea of no more brownies left made me emotional. Someone sits on the chair next to mine.

I turn to Stacey, tears in my eyes, my bottom lip sticking out. Her eyes widen when she sees my expression. The boys take a seat too. They all look at my expression and turn to face Stacey.

"what's wrong with her?" Andy asks Stacey. "hell if I know." she replies back.

Jase takes a seat across from me with chocolate milks and a bag of ruffles in his hands. The chocolate milk reminds me of my brownie. Now the tears start to fall out.

"what's wrong Angie?" Stacey asks me, concerned.

I turn to face her. "I think I might be pregnant." I tell her. Jase spits out the chocolate milk, choking on it.

"what?" he screams and stands up. The whole cafeteria stops what it's doing and they all look at us. I shrink back in my chair. "what are you all looking at?" he screams at everyone. They all look away immediately.

His glare turns to me. "what are you talking about?" he asks me.

"I don't have another explanation. I start crying for the littlest things. Like Oscar took my brownie and I started crying" I whine.

All eyes turn to Oscar. "what" he cried "it was just a brownie. I didn't know she'd cry. Maybe she's on her period."

"I'm not." I say firmly.

Jase glares at me, "just because you're emotionally retarded doesnt mean you can say stuff like that." I'm not emotionally retarded! "you scared me." all eyes turned to Jase, he cleared his throat, "...us. You scared us."

I smile like an idiot at his words. He cares. "what are you smiling about dork?" he says to me. He cared!

Stacey elbows me and we smile at each other. 'told you' she mouths at me. I just grin in return.

------------------------------------------------------------------

"pssst" I call to Tyler who ignores me. "pssst. Tyler. Hey. Tyler" I whisper call again.

"Tyler!" I whine. "Tyler!" I scream. Tyler turns to face me with an annoyed look. Everyone including the teacher ignore us. You could say that this is a usual thing.

We are copying the recipes from the over head. "what?" he asks me.

"Tyler!" I whine again. "don't be mad at me. It's not my fault you weren't listening to me." I say stubbornly.

"fine. How can I help you?" he asks me. I smile brightly at him. He rolls his eyes.

"how do you know if a jerky heartless devil like you?" I ask him, a thoughtful look on my face.

His face scrunches up, "Gee I dunno babe, I'm not a jerky heartless devil." he says to me matter-of-factly. "I'll take a wild guess and say that youre talking about Jase." he says sarcastically.

"hey! There's no need to be sarcastic." I yell at him. "and yes I'm talking about him." I say sheepishly, putting all the stress on the word 'him'. "Youre a dude. How would you act if you liked someone." I ask him.

"I guess it depends on the kind of person you are. I would make it clear that I like the person," Tyler explains. "Jase on the other hand is a bastard. He would keep his feelings bottled up, but act extremely possessive and protective when the situation needs him to." that's stupid. Why keep your feeling bottled? Stupid devil.

The bell rings. Tyler grabs my hand, "come on, let's go." tyler drops me off to my locker and leaves to go to his own.

Bottle his feeling up? I don't think so. I'll force the feelings out.

. I laugh inwardly in my head. I feel someone slap the back of my head. "What's with the psycho look, dork?" Jase.

I whirl around to face him, "what was that for you stupid devil?" I ask him, getting up in his face, trying to look tough.

He's wearing black Nike basketball shorts with matching black Nike jacket. He has a black duffel back thrown around his neck. Damn him for looking so good.

His serious expression is replaced by a smirk. What is he up to? He doesn't answer instead he grabs me by my hood and start dragging me to god knows where.

"hey!" he doesn't answer. "hey! Jerk I'm talking to you!" I yell at him.

"really? I couldn't tell." he says sarcastically, his back to me.

I start recognizing the hallway. He's taking me to the gym. I squeal inwardly. Maybe he wants to kiss again in private. Hehehe. Angie you're such a pervert!

The doors open, he lets me go. The whole crew is there with some boys that I don't know. My kissing fantasy is shattered.

"everyone meet Angie, our new team manager" huh? What is he talking about?

"what?" I ask him dumbfounded, "what team manager?"

"oh I didn't ask you?" he says smirking at me. I shake my head.

"Angie would you like to be our basketball team manager?" he asks me in front of everyone.

"I-" I'm rudely cut off.

"She said yes! Everyone welcome our new team manager!" said Jase. The boys cheer and clap.

They all say 'welcome' as they passed by me to go to the change rooms. I just stared in space trying to figure out what just happened.

I look up as I hear footsteps. Jase approaches me with papers in his hands. I feel the butterflies in my stomach. He's soo good looking. The jacket was now off, he was wearing his jersey. It showed off his muscles perfectly. The way they flexed while he walked. I feel my body getting hotter as I think about the our kiss the other day.

"what are you thinking about?" a voice whispers.

"the kiss." I whisper back.

"what kiss?" the voice whispers again.

This Is getting annoying. I look up, " you know the kiss-" my mouth drops open when I see Jase standing in front of me. "the kissan car." I finish, feeling like an idiot.

He leans in until I feel his breath breath on my ear. "you mean the 'Nissan' car." he corrects me.

My face heats up. Dammit. "Y-yea the N-Nissan car."

He pulls me to him, his arms around my waist. "did you want another kiss Angie?" he whispers in my ear again.

God yes! "No?" I say. It came out more like a question. His smirk widens. Damn him.

All the boys come out of the change rooms. I tear myself away from Jase, heat rising to my face.

"what are you two doing?" asks Oscar suspiciously, a smile on his face.

"nuffing!" I answer way too quickly. Oscar laughs out loud. I pout.

"I was just giving Angie the list of chores and all the meetings so that she can put it together in a logbook." Jase says.

He hands me the paper.

-clean all the basketballs

-mop the floor

-log all the meetings

-grab after-practice snacks

-help team members with their needs

Mop the floor? Clean the balls? Haha that sounds wrong. Dirty dirty Angie. That doesn't sound like managing. "what is this?" I ask Jase

"the list of things that you need to do." he simply.

"I didn't agree to this!" I say bewildered.

"your opinion doesn't count." he replies. I pout.

Before I could reply, a man entered the gym. "alright girls, get to work. Start the warmup!" I'm guessing he's the coach.

"you" he points to me. "who are you?" he asks me.

"I-I'm the new team manager." he nods.

"did the boys give you the list?" I nod my head. Then he goes back to yelling at the boys.

I go and sit In the corner with the list of all the meetings and the logbook. I guess this isn't that bad, plus I get to see Jase practice, getting all hot and sweaty. I'm such a pervert.

The coach blows the whistle. "all right everyone to the centre!" they boys make a circle around the coach. "you girls did good today. Now go take a snack and get out of here. I'll see you Monday." says the coach and exits the gym.

I look at the clock. 5pm. Time flies by fast when you're working. They started practice at 3pm.

"Manager!" some boys yell from the group. I put down the logbook and make my way towards the boys.

"alright. What would you boys like to eat?" I ask them, with a pen and a paper in my hand.

"ruffles"

"coke"

"pizza"

"cookies!" we all look at Oscar, looks at the ground.

"orange juice"

"kit kat"

"fruits"

"sprite"

"pretzels"

"KFC"

Jase hands me some money. I take it and walk toward the exit.

I Exit the store, with all the bags in my hands. Why do boys eat so much? I frown.

When I walk into the gym the boys are in the middle of a game.

"if I win, I get to steal a kiss from Angie." my mouth drops.

"like heck you will!" they all turn towards me. I hold out the bags and the boys run to them. All of them except Jase and Oscar.

"And if I win, Angie has to be my slave for 24 hours." Jase says looking at me as he spoke.

"no you won't. I didn't agree to this." I approach them. Who do they think they are?

"your opinion doesn't matter" Jase repeated himself from earlier.

"yes it does!" I scream at him.

"whoever gets the first goal wins." Oscar nods his head, "deal"

Jase has the ball, he dribbles it and makes his way towards the hoop. Oscar goes for the ball, Jase makes his way around Oscar, too fast for him to catch and shoots for the hoop. The ball goes in. Jase turns and smirks and winks at me.

They both high five each other. I gasp. "you A-holes! You planned this all along." I yell at them angrily. Those jerks! I don't want to be the jerk's slave no matter how much I like him. He's going to make my life hell.

"and what if we did?" Jase asks smirking at me. This makes me more angry. How dare he?

I hit his chest. "you jerk! You have no right." I say to him.

Instead of stopping him he picks me up bridal way, causing me to let out a surprised scream. He starts walking towards the hoop.

"dude lower the net will you?" Jase asks Oscar.

Oscar runs to the wall and inserts a key in an outlet. The net lowers until its almost touching the ground. Jase puts me down on the hoops so that I'm sitting on it. He signals to Oscar again. The net starts to rise above again.

A small scream escapes my lips again. Omg I look down. I'm soo high off the ground. Did I mention I'm afraid of heights and I'm diabetic? I really dont want to faint. They both laugh

"You jerks! Let me down." they shake their heads. If I do faint and fall, would I break my head? Probably.

"please guys? Put me down please. I'm afraid of heights." Oscar still laughs, "liar. Obviously you'd say that."

"I'm not lying. Please?" I ask them.

They shake their heads. " you jerks! And I don't want to be your slave." I shout at them.

"Too late now" Jase yells back.

Then the coach enters the gym. "what are you boys do-" he sees me and stops, "oh. I'll pretend I didn't see anything." then he walks out.

"no! Coach come back. Save me!" I yell after him. The boys just laugh louder. I glare at every one of them.

"Jase! Isn't your practice done ye-" I hear Stacey's voice. I'm saved! When she sees me she gasps. "you assholes! Bring her down right now!" they all cowered away from her.

Yes stacey looks scary when she's angry.

"didn't you jerks hear me? Bring her down. Now!" Oscar runs to the outlet with the key, Jase walks towards the net as it starts to lower. Jase helps me out of the net. I glare at him.

I run to Stacey as soon as I get out. "Stacey! They were soo mean to me." I whine and complain to her. She hugs me.

"how dare you assholes bully my bestfriend?". She looked at them menacingly. "if you bully her again, I'll make sure the cops will never find your bodies. Am I understood?" they all nod like cowards. Ha! That's my Stacey.

Jase walks toward me bends down and throws me over his shoulder. "hey!" I scream at him and look at Stacey for help. She just gives me thumbs up. I glare at her, she flinches away.

"traitor!" I yell at her, she hides behind Oscar.

"put me down jerk!" I yell again. But it's no use.

He slaps my butt, I let out a surprised scream. "shut up, slave.". I pout. Two can play this game. I slap his butt, he yelps. I smirk. He slaps my butt back. We slap each others butts until we reach a car.

Jase puts me down. Steven stands there with an eyebrow raised. I run to him. "you don't know what he did to me" I say pointing towards Jase. "he won a bet and I now I have to be his slave and then he put me on the basketball hoop and wouldn't let me down and then he picked me up and kept slapping my butt." I finished. Haha take that jerk. Steven is going to be angry and kick your butt. I stuck my tongue to him.

Instead Steven laughs. I turn to him. My mouth dropping open. They both huh five each other. "see you tomorrow slave. 24 hours. If you don't come, I'll drag you myself." he then gets in his car and drives away.

"JERK!" I scream after him. But he's already so far away to hear me.

Stupid stupid stupid devil. I can't believe I fell for him.

------------------------------------------------------------------