Falling for the Bad Boy

Chapter 21 - Street Life.

Chapter 21 - Street Life.

Jase POV

My hands fist as I gaze at the bastard in front of me. I close my eyes and count to three and let out a breath; the last thing I need is to let people see my real emotions. Putting up my mental wall, I look at Bones giving him my best 'I'm-a-dangerous-motherfucker' look.

The smirk on his lips only sparks my raging anger. I throw him a smirk of my own. His smirk drops as mine widens; cowardly bastard.

I look to his left and right; 17 people minimum, I snort. I can't believe he escaped. Romaine isn't stupid enough to let his prey escape so easily. Realization hits me. Romanian, that bastard, he planned it all along; great leave it up to me to do all the dirty work.

*Flash back*

My buzzing phone rings loudly though the silent classroom. I take out my phone to see 'Romaine' written on the screen.

"Jase, we are currently writing a test. You know the rules, no cellphones are to be turned on." Says the science professer.

I look around the room to find everyone looking at me including Angie.

I curse but ignore the teacher. "What do you need?" I say into the phone.

"Nothing much, just that Bones is in town." Comes Romaine's lazy voice over the phone.

I curse again; this can't be good. "So? What do you need me for?" I ask angrily.

"I need you to get your ass down there and see what he's up to."

"I'm not your damn secretary. I can't run your errands for you." I bit out.

"No, but you are an officer in training. You're damn popular in the streets, so is your girlfriend. Now we don't want her to get hurt now do we."

Waves of anger course through my blood making me hot. "You know she has nothing to do with this."

"I know this, you know this. But he doesn't." He says, referring to Bones as 'he'. "Now get your ass down there and stop whatever he's up to." He says and hangs up before I can reply.

I curse and slam my hands on the table as I stand. I look around to the boys and nod. They all stand as I make my way towards the door.

"Wait! Where are you boys going? What about the test?" He asks.

I ignore his calls and continue waking.

*end of flashback*

Loud laughter breaks me out of my thoughts. "Jase, my man, it's been a long time." He says giving me a bitter sweet smile.

"Why are you here, Bones?" I cut straight to the point.

He frowns. "Come on Jase, you can at least act as if you missed me." He says.

His tone of voice on angers me more. Bones has that kind of effect on me. I stay quiet, not wanting to answer the unnecessary questions.

"Let's make a deal Jase." He says, his eyes calculating. "I do whatever the fuck I want and you let me." He says.

I snort. "And what do I get out of this?" I ask him.

He smirks. "It's simple, you and your family doesn't get hurt." He motions to the crew behind me.

My face hardens. "My family can protect themselves."

"Yes they can, but what about your sister?"

"Don't threaten my family." I look at him with my cold eyes.

He smile widens. "Touch a spot, did I?" He asks cooly.

Yes he did, but he didn't need to know that. Instead of replying, I walk forward. The men behind Bones tense up and I move closer to them.

I study Bones posture carefully: shoulders tensed, hands fisted, a smile on his face with his breathing ragged. He's here for something, but that's none of my fucking business. I found him, need to know what he's up to and rest is on Romaine.

"You were banned from Toronto last month for illegally entering the country. The charge says to execute you on the spot when you're seen." I say carefully choosing my words. "Despite knowing all this, you still enter the country again...illegally." His body tenses with my words.

"What are you up to? Or are you just suicidal? The Bones I know Is clever, didn't think that you were actually an idiot in disguise." I smirk as the words leave my mouth.

"I'm not an idiot! I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Alex, that basta-" he cuts himself off as he realize that he's spoken too much.

Easy bastards.

"You bitch! You did that on purpose." His eyes blaze with anger.

I say nothing as I circle him and his minions.

As I circle them, one of his men charge towards me. Before he could punch me, I kick my leg out making him fly backwards.

Bones turns to the man. "You idiot he was planning on making us angry and you fell for it." He spits out angrily.

I smirk. "Very unprofessional."

His glare turns to me as he charges me. I easily dodge his punch.

"If you were me, you'd do the same." He says.

"I never stand with what isn't right." I answer.

"You would if it was for family. Everyone fucking knows what you're willing to sacrifice for your family." He dives for a punch again.

I let him punch me. I swipe my thumb across my throbbing lip and chuckle when I see the blood.

"You're right, I'm willing to sacrifice anything for my family but I wouldn't support them for their wrong actions." I say.

I dive forward throw a punch, which he skillfully dodges, then I throw myself on the ground as I my right leg kicks Bones off his feet.

The crew instantly surrounds me positioning themselves to attack. I motion them to stop and shake my head.

"You selfish bastard."

I snort. "I've heard worse." I say, now amused.

"Alex is going to skin you alive. Better yet, I should ask him to skin your girl alive." He says, anger dripping from his voice.

I lick my lips and mask my anger with a smirk. "He can try, but I'll skin him first."

"Fuck you." He says.

"I know you'd love to." He makes a disgusted face. He shrinks back as my face suddenly becomes serious.

I pick him up from the collar of his shirt and force him to face.

"Do you know what happens to people who threaten my family?" I ask him with all the hatred in my voice.

He shakes his and I smirk. "Then you should go take a look at your brother.

Tires shriek from behind me and men start to surround Bones.

"You idiot, Noah is going to kill you for making me bleed." He smirks

I snort; right. A man emerges from the crowd of men. He's still young, only four years older then myself. His black hair fall into his eyes as he glares at me.

Doors slam behind me but I ignore them.

"Jase!" I hear a voice yell behind me. Now that voice I can't I ignore.

I turn to see an angry brunette making her way towards me. All my anger fades and I forget about the situation as a smirk makes itself onto my face.

Her glare sharpens as she sees my smirking face. She stops in front if me and jabs her finger in my chest.

"What do you think you're doing?" She asks my as she glares at me.

The smirk wipes itself off my face as I become aware of Bones and Noah behind me.

"What are you doing here?" I ask her, my eyes narrowing.

"I asked you first!" She gaps at me.

I ignore her and take her arm. I drag her towards Romaine, who's leaning against his car and watching.

"I don't know what you're up to, but for the time being, take care of her." I shove Angie towards him and quickly turn before the brunette can rage again.

I walk towards Noah and Bones with the crew following me.

"You can do whatever the fuck you want. Go get high, get into fights. You can even go die for all I care. Just do it somewhere else." I saw as I advance forward.

"This is my city, and I'll be damned if I let you bastards corrupt it."

"You don't own this city." Noah speaks up.

I snort. "I run the streets. I do own the city. This whole city," I throw my hands up and point them to my surrounding, "belongs to me and everyone knows it. It's about time you learned it too." I smirk at them.

As much as I don't agree with my reputation, I sure come in handy sometimes. And at times like this, who the fuck am I not to flaunt it.

"Screw that. We just want out brother back, then we'll be gone. As simple as that." Noah says casually.

"It's never that simple and I'm not stupid, I kno-" I'm suddenly shoved to the side.

Angie POV

That jerk! How dare he? First he skips his test, for what? A stupid fight. Good thing Romaine told me this or Jase would have come him with bruises.

I glare up at Jase who look at me with his surprised blue eyes.

"Shut up, both of you!" I say angrily. This is the stupidest reason for skipping class.

Jase opens his mouth but I cut him off. "No." I say firmly. "And you," I say pointing towards the man, "go away."

I grab Jase's arm and drag him with me. "Look Angie, babe, th-"

"No, you have a test to write." I say, cutting him off again.

Jase, behind me, groans.

"Take care of them." Jase says to Fraizer. This makes me glare at Jase once again.

I speed walk towards Romaine's car and turn to Jase.

"I can't believe you skipped school for that!" I yell at him while he blankly stares at me. This makes me angrier.

"You need to stop getting into fights, you can easily injure yourself." I say and then gasp at the sudden idea. "What if you end up in the hospital, oh my god, what if you break your arm or your leg? No, no,no! Like what if you die?" I blabber, suddenly getting scared from the idea of losing Jase.

I look up at Jase, who is watching me with amused eyes. "I can't lose you yet! We just started dating, it's only been a month. You're my first boyfriend, you can't die. People are going to think that I'm cursed or something. Do you know how crazy peop-"

"Angie?" Jase asks me softly.

"Just shut up and kiss me." My eyes widen at his words. I'm still not confident about the kisses!

Jase POV.

Her eyes widen at my words and I smirk down at her. She's too innocent for her own good.

I wait for her to respond or do something but she only stares at the ground with a blush on her face.

Damn, how much I've taken a liking to that blush. She slowly lifts her head up and immediately throws it back down when she sees me smirking. My smirk widens at her actions.

She clears her throat and looks up again, this time she doesn't break eye contact. She clears her throat again and reaches up and puts her arms around my neck. Pausing for a minute, she bites her pink lips. Without wasting a second, I pull her to me and smash my lips against hers.

I moan as my lips touch her and she gaps with the sudden movement. I thrust my tongue into her mouth and slowly explore her. Our tongues play together as our kiss deepens. I back her up against the car and put my hands on her hips.

"Not now." Romaine's cold voice surprises me as I move away from Angie.

I scowl at Romaine and back Angie into the car again. "Go away if you don't want to watch." I say.

"Don't say that! It's embarrassing!" I smirk at Angie's words.

Leaning into her, I attach my lips to her neck and breath in the smell of her shampoo. God, how much I needed that kiss.

I lean back and look at her face and my eyes instantly locate the blush on her face. I smile again and run the back of my hand against her warm cheeks. She can easily make me forget all the anger and pain, why didn't I find her earlier?

"You're an idiot." Says her soft voice.

"How's that?" She shivers as my breath tickles the back of her neck.

"You skipped class, you skipped a TEST for a fight. For a stupid fight!" She says.

I only smile at her. "Don't smile, you jerk! That was an important test. It was 5% worth the grade. 5%, that's a lot!"

"I'm sorry." I say sincerely.

Her eyes soften at my sincerity and she looks away. "Stupid devil." She says.

I smile. "But I'm your stupid devil." Her eyes snap to mine.

She bites her lip as a smile plays on them.

I clench my eyes and wait for the impact. And just like that, Angie throws herself at me as she rocks me left to right.

"You're lucky that you're cute." She says.

Indeed I am.

------------------------------------------

Angie POV

I lean back and stare at Jase as he sleeps on the couch. My eyes shift to his busted lip and I wince. The idiot, all the situations he gets himself into. He doesn't even think of the people who care about his security.

Call me selfish, but I want to be the person who he tells everything to. A person who he can tell anything without hesitation. I want to gain his trust and never break it.

No matter where he is, how he is, I don't ever want him to forget me or doubt my love. I want to be selfish and never let him go, I want him all to myself. Is it ok to think like this?

I run my fingers through his hair and smile. I want him to know that even if he's surrounded by darkness and can't find his way out, I'll be there with him. He doesn't need to be scared or mask his emotions because I'll always be there for him.

I want to be the person that he relies on. I want to be the person he looks for when he can't find his way, when he's surrounded by darkness.

Is it too selfish for me to ask for that? I really, honestly, don't care.

I want to be the light to his darkness.

Jase POV.

my ankle and lip throbs and it hurts. I don't know if I'm asleep or awake. I try to open my eyes but I can't open them fully.

Then I see Angie sleeping as her back leans on the table.

I smile. "I see my light." The I drift off to sleep.

------------------------------------------
♠ ♠ ♠
I was listening to dubstep while I was trying to write the fighting scenes. Today wasn't the best day, I was pissed and the dubstep really didn't help. But I did write the chapter...yay.

So if you're a dubstep junkie like me, then listen to:

Rampage - Fall Of Icarus (without the screaming)

Au revior mes Amis
-Ash