Falling for the Bad Boy

Chapter 28 - Misunderstandings.

Chapter 28 - Misunderstandings.

Angie POV

His face showed no emotion but his eyes gave him away. Jase stood at the entrance of my room with his hands clenched and his eyes livid.

"What are you two doing?"

Pete loosens his hold on my hand and I immediately spring off him. My heart is racing in my chest and my hands are shaking.

I take a step towards Jase but his cold glare stops me from taking a step further. My heart shatters at this. He's thinking something that isn't true.

"It's not what it looks like Jase." I plead.

I hear shuffling behind me. Pete stands beside me; his body too close to mine.

"S-she's right. I-it's not what it l-looks like." He stutters.

I look at him with disbelief. He gives me a secret smirk.

"Why are you saying it like that? He'll take it the wrong way!" I push him backwards and stumbles onto the bed.

I quickly turn to Jase. "It really isn't what you think Jase. This is all a misunderstanding." I say in a hurry.

Pete gets up again and puts a scared look on his face. The tears start to well up when I realize that it's all an act.

"It's really is a m-misunderstanding, Jase."

I turn my angry gaze onto Pete. "Why are you saying it like that? You started this, you came onto me!" I scream at him.

"S-she's right. She didn't do anything. It was all m-me." He stutters again.

I look at Jase, his face is still expressionless. I walk closer to him until I'm standing in front of him.

"I swear Jase it isn't what you think."

I can't control the tears falling from my eyes. The desperation was getting to me. I need him to hear me out, I can't let him leave until he hears me out.

Jase looks from me to Pete. His eyes remain on Pete as they narrow. "Get out." He says.

My heart starts to beat faster. Is he talking to me? My uncontrollable tears turn to sobs. I turn around to leave.

A hand grips my wrist. "I'm not talking to you," I turn to look at Jase, "Pete, leave."

My eyes widen. He's not telling me to leave. Pete leaves without saying a word but I keep my eyes on Jase as his gaze follows Pete.

Jase's eyes snap to mine when the door slams announcing Pete's leave. He didn't tell me to leave, which mean that I have a chance. What are the chances that he'd pick me over his best friend?

"What happened?"

"H-huh?"

His eyes narrow. "You were on top of him."

My eyes widen and I shake my head. "H-he was holding me down.

"You let him kiss you."

"I didn't want to kiss him but he was so strong. He forced me Jase, I would never kiss him. You know that, Jase."

My body is starting to shake. Just the thought of kissing Pete sent violent shudders through my body. I didn't like it.

"It doesn't sound like Pete."

"Y-you don't have to believe me. No one would pick their girlfriend over their best friend." I look at the ground as I say this. I don't have to power to look at him.

Jase's shoes disappear out of my view. He was already gone when I managed to look up. My hands ball into a fist and I close my eyes making a tear leak out. He left.

I cover my face with my hands. He's gone, I let him leave. I can't let him leave! I drop my hands on my sides and run towards the door. Throwing the door open, I run down the stairs. Everyone turns to look at me as I run down the stair. I look at them but I don't see Jase. I look past them to the main door, did he leave the house?

My pace slows as my run turns into a slow walk. I breathe leaving, trying to catch my breath. I look at everyone's faces again until and I can't find Oscar's face either.

Hands waving in front of my face break me out of my search. "Are you okay? What happened?"

Hearing the questions, my eyes well up with tears. I look up and throw myself onto Stacey. She stumbles back with the sudden impact but wraps her arms tightly around me. I cry into her arms.

"Shh...it's okay. Tell me what happened." She coos.

I move away from her and wipe my tears. "Jase thinks I cheated on him." I tell her.

I hear her gasp and look up. She has a shocked look on her face. The crew mirrored her expression. Stacey puts her hands on my shoulder and squeezes them gently.

"It's P-Pete," I say his name with fear, "he tried t-to," my voice breaks. "He t-tried t-to-" I cut myself with a sob. I couldn't help it. I look at the tiled floor.

A lot happened in the past weeks and It all came crashing down on me in the end. Deep inside I knew that Jase wouldn't believe me but there was still a little hope that he would. A pair of black shoes enter my teary view. I didn't have to look up to know who they belong to.

Tyler wraps his arms around me. "I believe you." He says confidently.

I turn around in his grasp and lean my head against his chest.

"It doesn't sound like something Pete would do."

I clench my eyes as the pain floods my chest. I can't help it. My arms tighten around Tyler.

"Quit it." Tyler's voice was hard and angry.

Someone's cell phone goes off in the background and I hear Dylan answer it.

I look up to Tyler. "Do you think Jase will believe me?" I ask him.

He gives me a sad smile. "I honestly don't know."

I sigh but nod, "do you know where he is?"

Tyler opens his mouth to answer but Dylan beats him to it. "Romaine called him in for help. He's at a police encounter." He states.

My eyes widen. "Police encounters as in good guys vs bad guys shooting at each other encounter?" I ask with panic.

"Quite possibly, yes."

Jase....what are you thinking?
♠ ♠ ♠
you guys really wanted me to post the next chapter...so here it is!
im sorry it isnt long.
BUT i promise that the next chapter WILL be longer.
thank you for the support guys, it really means the world to me :)